AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

When have researched industrialism, ivory becomes obsolete but in the city screen the production buttons for units that require ivory still exist (greyed out).There's no point for these buttons to remain there.
I imagine that these buttons disappear when the proper tech (probably mechanized warfare, i can't remember exactly) is researched.

Playing this mod with most of the options, including advanced nukes, and ran into a late game bug involving WMDs:

* Attempting to use ABombs leads to a game crash before detonation
* IRBM's, MRBM's are fine.
* Some of the other advanced nukes don't cause crashes at some point in the detonation animation.

From what fiddling I've done seem to indicate its an issue with the animations; disabling particle negates the issue, at the cost of not having the mushroom cloud.

Apologies if this is a duplicate report, but I didn't see this bug listed anywhere in the last few pages of bug reports in this thread or in the svn log. Verified the bug in a fresh save; this fresh save is what is uploaded; can't compress the other sufficiently.

View attachment nuke_bug.CivBeyondSwordSave

Playing this mod with most of the options, including advanced nukes, and ran into a late game bug involving WMDs:

* Some of the other advanced nukes don't cause crashes at some point in the detonation animation.

From what fiddling I've done seem to indicate its an issue with the animations; disabling particle negates the issue, at the cost of not having the mushroom cloud.

Apologies if this is a duplicate report, but I didn't see this bug listed anywhere in the last few pages of bug reports in this thread or in the svn log. Verified the bug in a fresh save; this fresh save is what is uploaded; can't compress the other sufficiently.

View attachment 378402

Hell, it was working some revision ago; I'm sure because I've tried. I'll see what's wrong with it, thank you for reporting that.

View attachment 378402

I'm still testing but I'm almost sure the problem comes from Vokarya's art cleanup in rev700. Can you have a look at it, Vokarya? I'm reloading rev699/701 to check if the problem was there.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13312519 said:
I'm still testing but I'm almost sure the problem comes from Vokarya's art cleanup in rev700. Can you have a look at it, Vokarya? I'm reloading rev699/701 to check if the problem was there.

I found the problem -- I didn't think to update Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4EffectInfos.xml when I renamed the art folder for the A-Bomb unit.

I still have some things I want to do before I upload a new build, and I'd really prefer to batch everything up at once, so here's a corrected file. I tried the save with the new file and it works fine. If I finish the things I want to do soon, I'll include this as part of my new build. Otherwise, you are free to upload it to the SVN if you have anything else you are uploading.

When have researched industrialism, ivory becomes obsolete but in the city screen the production buttons for units that require ivory still exist (greyed out).There's no point for these buttons to remain there.
I imagine that these buttons disappear when the proper tech (probably mechanized warfare, i can't remember exactly) is researched.

Elephant Cavalry upgrades to Early Tank at Armored Vehicles. I think we should move the obsoleting point of Ivory to Ecology. That gives you a little bit of time to secure Oil supplies before you lose the ability to build Elephant units.

I found the problem -- I didn't think to update Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4EffectInfos.xml when I renamed the art folder for the A-Bomb unit.

I still have some things I want to do before I upload a new build, and I'd really prefer to batch everything up at once, so here's a corrected file. I tried the save with the new file and it works fine. If I finish the things I want to do soon, I'll include this as part of my new build. Otherwise, you are free to upload it to the SVN if you have anything else you are uploading.

I committed it for you. But forgot to update the Mod.py file for Modname, dang it! :p

JosEPh

On the Factories, Shaft mines etc, I feel they should be treated the same way as Cottages, you can't pay to hurry them up, and civics can speed up their growth? (don't use cottages, despise them), They ALL should require time being worked, and can only be built from the earlist version, regardless of the Era.

Its only fair and equitable, and somewhat realistic. Industries have to start off small, then grow.
I disagree. No-one would start building a medieval type mine today on a new site, slowly expanding it with modern equipment and methods. You'd build it to desired capacity right away.

For cottages, which are supposed to represent towns, it makes sense, but I don't think this mechanic makes any sense for mines or farms. Perhaps industries...

Cheers, A.

Hi!

Finished my game with version SVN 2014.05.21. (2.2 beta 2 rev712)
I think the game become easier than before. (Maybe it's an AI problem.)

Unhealthy was never an issue.
Unhappy was never an issue.
Gold was never an issue. (research always was at least 80%, but most of the time it was 90 or 100%)

Other notes:
Building improvements in mountains are VERY slow compared to other titles. It this intentional or a bug?
Why upgrading fom cart path to road (and so on.) is faster to build. I think this feature is wrong, it should be a game option.
Wonders which provides buildings to all cities are too strong. Modify them to give bonus to given buildings.
Time scale problem : at turn 983 date is 1368AD.
There is a bug with resources signs : sometimes not all kinds are shown
There is a bug with an event (see attacked pictures)

And the good things:
SPEED! Very fast AI turns.
New techs, buildings, wonders, units.
Civic changes

PS: Keep up the good work ;)

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 71
  • graph_crop.jpg
    graph_crop.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 89
  • graph_culture.jpg
    graph_culture.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 52
  • graph_power.jpg
    graph_power.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 77
  • graph_mfg.jpg
    graph_mfg.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 130
  • graph_gnp.jpg
    graph_gnp.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 58
  • soul.jpg
    soul.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 63
  • score.jpg
    score.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 69
  • event.jpg
    event.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 59

I agree.The general feeling when playing in noble difficulty is that the game is very straightforward.Especially the movements of AI units in combat are sometimes senseless.

Hi!

Finished my game with version SVN 2014.05.21. (2.2 beta 2 rev712)

I also feel so, if you're trying to conquer the world. Going for other victories is not that easy; I've always thought that it should be much harder to keep conquered lands and to expand so much.

Unhealthy was never an issue.
Unhappy was never an issue.
Gold was never an issue. (research always was at least 80%, but most of the time it was 90 or 100%)

I know. Gold especially depends on gamespeed/mapsize, I'm going to balance that.

Other notes:
Building improvements in mountains are VERY slow compared to other titles. It this intentional or a bug?

Intentional, it's always been like that, although I've never tried on Marathon.

Why upgrading fom cart path to road (and so on.) is faster to build. I think this feature is wrong, it should be a game option.

Shouldn't it be easier to build a more advanced feature where an old one is already present?

Wonders which provides buildings to all cities are too strong. Modify them to give bonus to given buildings.

This is Vokarya's playground, I'll let him answer.

Time scale problem : at turn 983 date is 1368AD.

Marathon has 2400 turns so you're supposed to be around that date, and this is correct. You're in modern era, and this is a flaw probably caused by imbalance (epic is still good enough but I've never tested Marathon); also using Huge maps can cause imbalance because I've balanced the game for Large only. What is also making the game so easy and you being so technologically advanced, is that you have a lot of cities. You're not supposed to be so advanced in that era and having so many cities. This has been somewhat already addressed in the latest revision, now AI is expanding faster.

Ok, noted

There is a bug with an event (see attacked pictures)

What's the bug?

And the good things:
SPEED! Very fast AI turns.
New techs, buildings, wonders, units.
Civic changes

PS: Keep up the good work ;)

Great, let's wait for Vokarya's next update, more improvements are coming! :)

Shouldn't it be easier to build a more advanced feature where an old one is already present?
: I don't think so. You have to start from zero, because you build it beside current infrastructure, not "on top" of it.

What's the bug?
: In the latest near hundred turn it alywas triggered. I've got the save game if needed.

Only time settings matter or map size is also a factor in game engine for scaleing research?

Game Difficulty level, Game speed (ie. Marathon etc.), Map size, yes they all affect research speed; along with other factors, as they are not the only ones.

We will have to disagree about upgrades and costs and times to build.

Also don't get hung up on dates matching tech research and availability or even when an Era starts or ends. Too many variables in any game for dates to line up. Long ago the Mod Author Afforess even removed "Dates" from the game with only a turn counter because of this very improper perception. But too many players complained and he put them (game dates) back in.

Also on Primce Difficulty level the AI is only given a ~5% bonus over Noble. So perhaps you should up your difficulty level next game, Monarch or Emperor?

And try Epic for game speed.

Finally Thanks for the feedback. ;)

JosEPh

: I don't think so. You have to start from zero, because you build it beside current infrastructure, not "on top" of it.

: In the latest near hundred turn it alywas triggered. I've got the save game if needed.

Only time settings matter or map size is also a factor in game engine for scaleing research?

Well, I'm not sure about improvements. It's easier to build a new road where you can build over an existing one.
About research Joseph has already answered. I don't remember now if iResearchPercent is found in gamespeed, mapsize, eras and handicap info files but a combination of research and gold (which are strictly connected) definitely is.
About Blarney Castle, that's how it's supposed to work. It's a recurring event when you build that wonder.

Edit: I haven't checked now because I'm away from home, but how was research for other civs in your game? Were they also in modern era? I'm not sure I agree with Joseph or Afforess when we get to time scaling. I'd like it to be as close as possible to the real timeline, although it's a hell of a work and it will never be perfect because of different options. But it can definitely be improved and that's something I'm working on.

Building roads is definetly the case of building "on top" of the original feature. Just think of a road in the forest. Would you chop a totally new route in the the forest to avoid the original path? No, you would broaden the path and pave the existing road. This is much less work than what one has to do in an untouched forest.

Also, the way you suggest would greatly slow down the AI since it is improving ALL its tiles, while the human player improves only the strategically important ones (connecting cities, mines for the +1:hammers: )

Do you mean, every turn? Someone else also experienced that, but I don't remember what the solution was.

Is it really a bug? Isn't it just the accidental switching of "show resource type" that can be done in the globe view?

Pedia says -50% hurry cost under mercantile but thats working only if advanced economy is checked on.

F3 advisor shows correct civic infos also without advanced economy..

Rev 746

Bug report:
No Pop-Ups option in A New Dawn tab of BUG Options cause other pop ups, like technology splash for example, to be took down sometimes. It hadn't been a problem until I got Diplomacy pop up and it was gone before I had a chance to decide.

The Tech splash is set in the .ini file for Beyond the sword.

"No tech splash screen" 0/1

Think you misunderstand my bug report, but I'll wait for this mod's developers response first please.

Top Bottom