AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Turn off growth, turn off growth! :)

Has anyone else noticed that recalculating modifiers with Ctrl-Shift-T zeroes out your inflation modifier? I was playing around with the game to try to get a new concept working and I noticed this. I set up a new game and let it run for a while so I would have some inflation to look at. The save game is with a clean version of v742. Here are screenshots of before-and-after recalculation without changing anything.

View attachment 378141View attachment 378142

Has anyone else noticed that recalculating modifiers with Ctrl-Shift-T zeroes out your inflation modifier? I was playing around with the game to try to get a new concept working and I noticed this. I set up a new game and let it run for a while so I would have some inflation to look at. The save game is with a clean version of v742. Here are screenshots of before-and-after recalculation without changing anything.

Never noticed, I'll do some test. But I seldom switch rev during a game so probably it's normal I haven't noticed

45°38'N-13°47'E;13301284 said:
Never noticed, I'll do some test. But I seldom switch rev during a game so probably it's normal I haven't noticed

While you're at it, is there any way to adjust inflation except with events? I've been looking around but I can't find anything.

When Koshling made/installed the Re-Calc modifiers he stated that it resets "All" base modifiers.

So some questions arise; who has the ability to get it to Not reset inflation base? And is it really worth the effort to try?

I always considered it a plus when I had to re-calc for version changes as in most cases in AND and C2C the inflation modifiers are too big for my tastes anyway. But hey...you learn to adapt.

JosEPh ;)

Considering lack of reply, I've decided to post it again in a more coherent way.
Industry park building gives crazy modifiers to food and industry.
Here is a screenshot and a save. City with industrial park is named Emperor's might, thought same problem is with industrial parks in other cities.
industrial park bug.png
View attachment Emperor AD-1294.CivBeyondSwordSave

Considering lack of reply, I've decided to post it again in a more coherent way.
Here is a screenshot and a save. City with industrial park is named Emperor's might, thought same problem is with industrial parks in other cities.
View attachment 378150
View attachment 378151

Patience my friend, patience :)
You have attached your savegame, so the devs are already on it.
It usually take 1 or 2 days.

In sevopedia for the special abilities of steamer it says:"ignores building defenses".Is this OK?What does it mean?

View attachment 378150
View attachment 378151

Never seen something like that, but I've tried your save and it happens to me too. But if you recalc (ctrl+shift+T) they disappear. Have you started the game with a revision different from rev739? If so, that might be the problem. I know that max comp save is made to let you play through different revisions but as I've always said it's unsafe as this kind of behaviour can happen. If you accept that, it's ok. If not, better finishing a game with your starting revision before moving to a new one. That said, recalc is often a solution for this kind of problems.

In sevopedia for the special abilities of steamer it says:"ignores building defenses".Is this OK?What does it mean?

Most modern units (pretty much only the base gunpowder unit line is exempted) ignore defensive bonuses from buildings like Walls and Castle. This applies when both attacking and bombarding. Steamer and other transport ships can't normally attack, but can bombard if they get Bombarding promotions, and if they do they get to ignore building defenses as well.

When Koshling made/installed the Re-Calc modifiers he stated that it resets "All" base modifiers.

So some questions arise; who has the ability to get it to Not reset inflation base? And is it really worth the effort to try?

I always considered it a plus when I had to re-calc for version changes as in most cases in AND and C2C the inflation modifiers are too big for my tastes anyway. But hey...you learn to adapt.

JosEPh ;)

I read this thread to stay abreast of issues that may plague us both. I suppose I shouldn't tell you this would be an easy fix if I can just figure out what the variable is (and simply not have the dll clear the value when it goes into the recalc.) Probably should address that at some point.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13302041 said:
Never seen something like that, but I've tried your save and it happens to me too. But if you recalc (ctrl+shift+T) they disappear. Have you started the game with a revision different from rev739? If so, that might be the problem. I know that max comp save is made to let you play through different revisions but as I've always said it's unsafe as this kind of behaviour can happen. If you accept that, it's ok. If not, better finishing a game with your starting revision before moving to a new one. That said, recalc is often a solution for this kind of problems.

Thank you very much!! My lategame expirience is saved then :)
But what is revision? I've got no idea.

Thank you very much!! My lategame expirience is saved then :)
But what is revision? I've got no idea.

When in the main game screen hold you mouse pointer over your flag. To the lower left there will be information, the revision for AND will be listed there, with other data too.

JosEPh

When a worker unit is active and holding the mouse over the button for building an industry improvement, the popup message still says "build factory.
Also in sevopedia for Assembly line tech, it says in special abilities that "can build factory".Does it refer to factory building or to the "old" improvement which was renamed to industry.

When a worker unit is active and holding the mouse over the button for building an industry improvement, the popup message still says "build factory.
Also in sevopedia for Assembly line tech, it says in special abilities that "can build factory".Does it refer to factory building or to the "old" improvement which was renamed to industry.
Improvement, workers can't build buildings, thank you for reporting it

45°38'N-13°47'E;13309758 said:
Improvement, workers can't build buildings, thank you for reporting it

Speaking of Industires/Complexes, isn't it just a bit odd that you only need to spend 16g ~ 30g for an improvement that would otherwise take 64 turns to "grow" into that? :crazyeye:

MagLevs and Jumplanes tend to be more expensive than those if I recall. Which seems about right, but I've always thought the price for 'rushing' the best versions of Workshops and Mines for a meager amount of cash was a bit too low. Unless that was the way it's always meant to be, but I think it should be a touch more pricey.

SVN 744 - Pizza San Marco.

This is NOT listed at guilds, eventhough it become available with Guilds. You can't build this at all, its been omitted in error with movement I'd say? Its in the Civopedia as needing guilds etc, but not listed and not buildable.

On the Factories, Shaft mines etc, I feel they should be treated the same way as Cottages, you can't pay to hurry them up, and civics can speed up their growth? (don't use cottages, despise them), They ALL should require time being worked, and can only be built from the earlist version, regardless of the Era.

Its only fair and equitable, and somewhat realistic. Industries have to start off small, then grow.

*Unless you have MAJOR capital backing, I know how the real world opperates*

Top Bottom