AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Bug report:
No Pop-Ups option in A New Dawn tab of BUG Options cause other pop ups, like technology splash for example, to be took down sometimes. It hadn't been a problem until I got Diplomacy pop up and it was gone before I had a chance to decide.

Never used that option but it looks like it's working in my current game. You say you got an offer from another civ and it disappeared before you could choose anything?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13319053 said:
Never used that option but it looks like it's working in my current game. You say you got an offer from another civ and it disappeared before you could choose anything?

Yes. That was when I decided to report. But it happened many times with my Technology Splash pop-ups and Top Ten Civs pop-ups. No chance to read them. Didn't report before because these splashes were so familiar to me but still annoying. But Diplomacy popup disappearing did it for me and I reported the bug. So yes that option is buggy because I'm assuming it mistook other pop-ups other than city pop-ups as the pop-up to take down too. I decide to turn that option off now but think you should either take it out or fix it. My opinion.

Revision 746, btw.

Going to try to turn off Minimize Pop-ups from regular Options and turn back BUG options on. I'll report back if the bug persist or get solved.
Because I just another Technology Splash being taken down again. So maybe not BUG option being buggy but regular one. See-see.

Going to try to turn off Minimize Pop-ups from regular Options and turn back BUG options on. I'll report back if the bug persist or get solved.
Because I just another Technology Splash being taken down again. So maybe not BUG option being buggy but regular one. See-see.

I didn't even know there was a BUG option to minimize popups. Sounds...dangerous, really.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13319422 said:
I've tried it and it looks like it's working anyway

Found the problem. The regular Minimize Pop-ups from regular Options had been causing the problem, maybe it is conflicting with BUG Options somewhere. No idea.

Hey I am running the game under wine, and it works for base civ and most mods (FfH older versions of AND, etc) but when I tried AND 2.1 it crashes on statup. I don't expect a fix though it would be nice, but if someone else has run into the same issue and solved it...

-- init.log ---
[1230115.081] DBG: CIV Init
[1230115.081] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[1230115.084] VERSION: Build: Thu May 14 10:17:10 2009
[1230115.084] VERSION: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
[1230131.621] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\
[1230131.623] DBG: FILE Cat Init

--- xml.log ---
[1230132.415] Loading XML file Assets\modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
[1230132.415] Load XML file Assets\modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml FAILED
[1230132.415] Loading XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[1230132.415] Load XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml FAILED
[1230134.913] Loading XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[1230134.913] Load XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml FAILED

I don't know what your error is, I just loaded up V 2.1 and it played fine. Look in the link on my signature, if you've done all that, maybe the mod name on the line is wrong.??

Just make sure you have a Rise of Mankind - A new Dawn 2.1 directory in your Mods folder, and not MODS.

Not the Logs folder in "/.../My Games/.."

But the Log folder in "/.wine/.../Beyond the Sword/Mods/...."

Its located in the Beyond the Sword folder, and called log. There you have you Initialization log, The other one is not it.

The Python Dbg file is there also, it will tell you, Last line, where your game is failing.

Remember the annoying bug I reported about pop-ups being taken down without my permission? I think I might be wrong about the cause. The bug might be caused by the misfiring of Enter key when I hit Enter key ending a turn. I tried using my mouse instead and the bug never occurred. So I think the bug has something to do with Enter key plus whatever else is firing at same time.
I have End Turns Automatically and Minimal AI Turns clicked on in my BUG General tab. Can you research this bug please? I really prefer to use Enter key for ending turns over a mouse click.

Edit: Going to use Spacebar and see if the bug is there too. Hope not!

Remember the annoying bug I reported about pop-ups being taken down without my permission? I think I might be wrong about the cause. The bug might be caused by the misfiring of Enter key when I hit Enter key ending a turn. I tried using my mouse instead and the bug never occurred. So I think the bug has something to do with Enter key plus whatever else is firing at same time.
I have End Turns Automatically and Minimal AI Turns clicked on in my BUG General tab. Can you research this bug please? I really prefer to use Enter key for ending turns over a mouse click.

Edit: Going to use Spacebar and see if the bug is there too. Hope not!
Keyboard events are in the EXE, so if it's a keyboard or mouse bug, it's out of our reach.

Keyboard events are in the EXE, so if it's a keyboard or mouse bug, it's out of our reach.

Oh darn. I just used Spacebar to end turns instead. No bug resulted so I guess use that for ending turns if I'm to use these options I mentioned.

Here's the savegame, Afforess. Celtia is the nation to analyze.

Attachments

• RAND Game.7z
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
Every time I load an existing game, or start a new one, I lose all my BUG option settings. How can I make my settings permanent?

That often occurs when you don't run Civ4 as an administrator. UAC will block the programs ability to save the option files, and so you will lose the settings.

I was just going to post this issue that has really started to show itself badly with 755 or 756 when I restart my computer. I will try as you suggest.

I also can not seem to get my city screen building queue icons to show as small, even with the selection made in BUG. This is not a new issue with either 755 or 756.

Buck

I was just going to post this issue that has really started to show itself badly with 755 or 756 when I restart my computer. I will try as you suggest.

I also can not seem to get my city screen building queue icons to show as small, even with the selection made in BUG. This is not a new issue with either 755 or 756.

Buck

Can you post a screen shot please.

Another Method to save your BUG settings is to double save. For example you've played for awhile and want to exit the game. You save and then normally exit. But next time after the 1st save save again. It will ask "Do you want to overwrite this save?" Yes you do as this will lock in your BUG settings. Been doing this for years now with AND, C2C, Dune Wars, Planetfall, and any other mod that uses BUG.

And I just remembered another method for when you get ready to update to a new version. As long as the Set up Options have not been added to ot cjhanged you can go into the AND game files find the User Settings file and save a copy of it. Then Update to the new version. Once you have updated go in to the files and delete the New User settings file and Paste your Saved User Settings into it's place.

Many ways to skin a cat as the old saying goes. :)

JosEPh

Not good at screen shots. I have used the double save method for a long time and it has worked until the last week or so. However, when I start the game it has been with the previous Exit Save. That may be my problem.

I suppose the screen shot was for the "city screen" build menu icons. Does any body else have this problem?

Buck

P.S. A start up this morning using the "Run as Administrator" method held the BUG settings and the city screen icons are small.

Rev 756

Attaching great general to unit (heavy swordman,+30 xp) gave 30 xp also another great general unit in tile. Another great general was able to get field commander promotions although it was not in field commander mode.

Savegame for Actual Effect debugging

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1143.CivBeyondSwordSave
    819.2 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom