1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Since months or years :p
    ...but you can disable it in the bug menu.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the "not" word :blush:

2. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Are you using the Steam version of CivIV? I think this was a known problem from having Auto-Updates enabled with the Steam edition.

3. winst

winst Chieftain

Cost of photography - 250 000.
    And all tech cost changed from 70-155 k to 250 000 k after up.
    There is no point in great person here, they can hurry 17 000 to the tech, and a 100 turns tech research at normal speed?

Something wrong i guess. Can i turn off tech cost function somehow?

vers. 843
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--vJ3nuMaw3ZDNOZXdjNW50dFE/view?usp=sharing
    save

And great general-commander cant lvl up and promote in this game (save file). In previos game great commander was fine.

4. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Found a "Bug" with regard to cash rushing buildings.

At Eternity speed, its RIDICULOUSLY Cheap to cash rush a building under any civics as I had nothing special to reduce costs of rushing.

6,790:gold: to rush build a Nuclear plant from scratch?? 14,500:gold: for a Rushed Metropolitan Administration... I've wasted so many turns just slow building, with 3.8 Million:gold: in the bank, why build when I can rush with NO INFLATION PENALTY.

Another bug, need conformation, it just may be my game, but I can't load gun ships onto a super carrier ship.

Also, when I give it cargo 3, it gives strange readings of 12/3 for cargo?? when loaded with 9 Jet fighters. *Edit*, just way it lists available cargo spaces, Cargo 3 0/3, Fighters 0/6, Helicopters 0/2 (But can't load them)

Spoiler :

The Super Carrier I've tried loading on either had, 6 Air craft (fighter jets), or none at all, with 6/6 Cargo available.

5. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

You're still playing that game?! That minimap... Isn't that game like, won already? Put those poor AIs out of their misery :lol:

*ahem* Sorry. I've noticed cash rushing leaning towards the inexpensive side as well, but wasn't it always like that? (Not saying it's a good thing though!)

Of the topic just a bit, but just a reminder of some (Small) things that still act oddly:
    *Can't select all units in a transport; only one at a time (Tedious for large landing parties)

*Can't mass-pillage (To better explain what I mean, try starting up a game in BTS. Put four horse archers on a fully grown town. Click Pillage with all four selected. The entire improvement disappears in one click, but in AND/C2C you have to click four times and wait for their animations to finish with each click. Minor thing, but it slows down gameplay a bit if you like messing up another empire's economy XD)

*No reason to build Mines/Workshops when you can pay a paltry sum of gold to build the upgrade that would otherwise take 64+ turns to produce (I'd suggest disabling the building of advanced improvements entirely, making them 10x more expensive, or just allow us to auto-build Towns too :p)

**Given what others have said, this seems to be more luck-based than anything but... Barbarians are still fairly "tame" on some maps. Usually most Civs will have metal weapons by the time archers start showing up, though cities seem to spawn just fine in most cases (Albeit still a tad late). I always play with Raging Barbarians to try and counter this.

Just some minor notes, more a reminder than anything heh. None of them are gamebreaking problems, just something to keep in mind when more pressing issues aren't in need of fixing.

6. xiaodoupi

xiaodoupi Chieftain

Is it able to make city governor train units automatically just as original civ4? Easy to modify?

7. kaltruhe

kaltruhe Warlord

Yes, I'm using Steam version of Civ 4... Could you advice on that ridiculous problem? :(

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

No and no to both questions

9. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I did a search through the forum and all I could find was this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13352255&postcount=2162

I was pretty sure a solution had been brought up elsewhere as well, but it's gotten buried under the hundreds of other posts it seems =/

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

As I recall Affores promissed to work on it, but nothing more.

11. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I thought it was a problem with Steam itself and not the mod though? :confused:

I don't have CivIV on Steam (Amazon download :) ) so I never really payed much attention to the Steam-related issue posts :blush:

12. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I didn't say the opposite. As I remember he said that he tries to fix the fault of some one else. You know wizards do miracles every where :)

13. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 843

I have a bug with the income calculation.

It say's I'm making a LOSS of ~10K/Turn.

When in fact my :gold: balance goes up by the supposed loss.

F2 show me making the registered loss, and I'm fine with that, I should be losing money each turn, but I keep on making a profit.

I did some extensive cash rushing, but with no inflation penalty, it seems to just increase my :gold: generation.

Save is attached.

From Further observations of cash rushing, it seems to be adding on the Amount I'm rushing to my gold balance in the turn interval. It correctly deducts the amount of gold to rush a building, then it'll add that amount to my gold balance when the end of turn is fully processed.

Because I go from the lower balance, after paying for rushing buildings, to a Higher balance then when I 1st Started that turn.

I've now put it at 50% science and 50% Culture, and I'm still making money, even though it say's I should be making 35K loss per turn.

14. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I have an error with the Super Virus event.

Spoiler :

It give the information for the other 3 events.

Solution - Update the Military action event.

15. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Warlord

If you have problems with the steam version

right click game > properties > betas > beta drop down > original_release_unsupported

This gives you the exact same game you'd get from a patched CD/DVD install.

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

On the mines/Workshops line, it SHOULD be just like the cottages line.

You can only build the Base model, and further technologies allow you to upgrade to the next version once its been worked for a set number of turns, scaled to speed.

I myself personally, build the base models, and have to work them for the allotted time to allow the upgrade. Though, once the new models are available, I do build them from the start.

Hmm in future, I'll set auto builds to build base models only, bar the upgraded ones. Always trying to improve my game play experience.

17. futar

futar Chieftain

Build 843.

When selecting all cities in the list (F1), the downmost city is unaffected when you select buildings/units to build.

18. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 844

On the F1 bug, if you use Cntl for continent or Alt for all cities when you click on a cities bar to select, it will place your choice of build where you want it in the Queue.

It will also work with pre saved queue's.

One thing though, it will remove any partially completed builds, using shift to place at head of queue. You'll have to manually replace these. WRONG WRONG WRONG.. I must have deleted it myself.

On workers, why don't they upgrade to Clones, and why don't clones upgrade to Androids??

An upgrade could be seen as an obsolesce replacement.

*Edit* I have a bug with Special agents, they don't gain the experience from the settled great Generals, they gain the starting experience but not any more with the settled Great Generals.

They just start at 3/5 experience, from the combat simulator I've built.

19. triplebassist

triplebassist Chieftain

SVN 844

Even when cities are showing that they are connected on map, no foreign city connections are shown on the city screen and no foreign commerce is generated.

20. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Post a screenshot, or better yet, post a save.

It's a bug that got introduced when we adopted C2C's dynamic map paging feature. It can't be fixed as far as I am aware. I tried once before.

No idea. I am sure there is a reason. I just don't know it.
    Spies don't get experience from cities at all. This is not a bug, but intended behavior.