1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

I'm having a problem with tech research recently, I have the latest build installed.

I like to Rush Philosophy and then Optics.

It took almost 40 turns to research Philosophy when it should have taken maybe 12. Optics was absurd, the game said it would take 70 turns.

I am playing on Standard Speed, Emperor Difficulty. My science really isn't that low at all, are tech costs being changed to slow down the game? Looking at the tech tree, the turns to research get to be pretty insane a couple of columns down the tech tree.

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

The Overwhelm strategy, doesn't have any help file to out line what you need to build to win this event.

Spoiler :

Solution - Simply update the help file to reflect the map sizes and units.

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I know, I'm working on it. I've changed the code so that players get a penalty if they rush ahead too fast and they get help if they're left too much behind but that formula has to be smoothed. It's always been way too easy too beeline to an advanced tech, making it always easier for the tech leader to become invincible. It won't be like that anymore, but I'm still working on it.

4. valeriosavio

valeriosavio Chieftain

Hallo everyone,

I've a problem, I've just realized that I posted on ROM bug thread, so I'm sorry for that.

Sometimes the game crashes into windows without any message error or similar.
    It just crashes.

I was told to upload the saved game... Hope I got it right. . .

Here is the last autosave just before the crash!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I think I'm able to fix that, if Afforess don't get there first; go ahead with your changes, then I'll look into it. :)

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

oldnoob & Delekhan: I've changed the tech cost function to be smoother, you shouldn't get that kind of spikes anymore. Update to rev843 please, let me know if it happens again. Thank you. :)

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I've tried a dozen turns with your save and no CTD...

8. valeriosavio

valeriosavio Chieftain

Thanks for trying !!! , it could happen few times in an hour or 0 times in a pretty long marathon !

9. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Rev 838

War declaration error

Spoiler :

Solution - Add the missing link to text

Oh yeah, another thing that has always bothered me, WHY can't paratroopers attack the same move they perform a jump. They can attack if they march over land, why not if they para-shoot into land. Why should they have to wait, troops unloaded in a City, can move and attack the same turn.

Solution - Allow paratroopers to attack the same turn as they perform a paradrop

*Edit 2* Now I remember, why can't we have auto transit to a city with an Airfield(Should be Airport 1st in my opinion)

You can Air lift multiple units into the city, up to its units per tile limit, but with auto transit, they won't be air lifted, you have to do it manually. Its available in the Non mod version of the game, whats been removed??

Solution - Allow Autorouting Multiple air transit to a city with capacity to receive units

*Edit 3* On Highway's, which are superfluous with Railroads coming before them, Manufacturing adds +1 movement to Highway's making them a +5, V's Electric Railroads, which you could get before hand of +12 movement.

Solution - Remove highway's, too little too late, too much for games sake. (and the +1 movement at manufacturing as well.)

*Edit 4* Federal reserve, available at Applied Economics, gives a "free bank" in every city. Really, by then you should have LONG since spammed banks to all cities. No benefit for this national wonder.

Spoiler :

Solution - Change it to giving added connected cities for each bank contained in a city, scaled to map size. Or reduce civic maintenance for certain civics that allow building of the Federal reserve.

10. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

+1 to this. Seriously, PT"s are specifically designed as a fast attack surgical strike force ( try telling an Airborne Ranger he can't attack after jumping :mischief:), so this doesn't really make sense to me.

I could understand it for during the WWII era, as logistics was a witch. But not for modern era drops.

11. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

Thank you, tech costs scale up more reasonably now.

The AI likes to rush to guilds early on, so I'm just a tiny bit concerned this feature may be keeping them back.

12. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

@45, I just entered the transhuman era and the rubber band effect is not apparent so far.

Thank you for addressing this gamebreaking issue.

I am experiencing a small issue with aircraft carriers, the aircraft do not follow the fleet properly when the fleet moves. this is the same game I posted above at turn 3000+.

13. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

On the Federal reserve, it give -10% maintenance, I just saw it now re-reading my post, so it has some benefit, sorry.

Better then the free bank late game.

14. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Warlord

Seems like the AI have become more suicidal with mounted units recently (couldn't name a specific revision it started). They throw them at a stack of my units that they have no chance at all against. Usually two at a time. Horse Archers vs stack of level 6+ Crusaders. Very sad.

Edit: Also they use units to hold remote resources via fixed borders a ton now to the detriment of their overall war effort.

Edit2: Also I defeated a civilization, they disappeared from the score board. But their remaining units kept wandering around but I couldn't kill them because I wasn't at war with them since I killed their last city.

15. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

#3 I've noticed after updating as well. Maybe Require Complete Kills got enabled somehow...?

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

My next build is going to take away the free Banks and give +2 gold from all Banks instead. Now that I know <GlobalBuildingExtraCommerces> has been implemented, I plan on using it quite a bit.

17. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I've noticed this issue too on occasion, but I thought it might have come from messing around in World Builder. It would seem not.

18. xiaodoupi

xiaodoupi Chieftain

Hello,
    I am wondering if the bug that city governor doesnt build any unit automatically is difficult to fix?

19. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

More on the overwhelm strategy, I've achieved its requirements?? what they were I don't know, just build everything in numbers.

Spoiler :

I then received this error, so it needs to be updated as well.

Solution - Update the overwhelm strategy to reflect the new units enabled.

20. kaltruhe

kaltruhe Warlord

I'm playing with very recent version of SVN RAND 2 and state religions are not showing up on Advanced Scoreboard.

Is it intended feature of RAND?