1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. triplebassist

triplebassist Chieftain

Here's a save.

The easiest one to look at is Egypt, where I can see a connection to her capital, but no foreign connectness in any of my cities.

Attached Files:

2. Caymon

Caymon Chieftain

I don't know if I can classify this as a bug, but here goes.

I for the life of me can't figure out how to select a stack of aircraft (e.g. Jet Fighters) while they are stationed on aircraft carriers. I would end up selecting a command one by one - extremely tedious and annoying. I end up not even using these aircraft on carriers because of this.

I tried CRTL-select, CRTL-C, and all the grouping methods, but they would end up selecting either one air unit (never the stack) or the group of ships they are stationed on.

Any ideas?

On a side note, when I ALT-C to select all units in a stack (any stack), the game almost always crashes to desktop.

3. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

yes it's a bug. It's been like that for several updates. Have you experienced the situation where the planes do not follow the carriers but stay in one place, then when you want to assign them to battle you have to wait until they catch up one by one to be assigned?

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I've checked that problem and unfortunately I don't know how to solve it. It dates back to early AND 1.75, way before I started contributing to AND. I'll try again looking into the code, but I'm not sure I'm able to solve this issue.

5. Vilx-

Vilx- Chieftain

A small thing, but one that my wife noticed immediately as she tried out the latest SVN RoM:AND - the Blue Marble is missing Assets/art/Shared/Trees_1024.dds texture. If you need it, I have it, though I suppose there must be downloads on this site that include it too. :)

6. Caymon

Caymon Chieftain

No, I haven't experienced that. Graphically sometimes, but functionally, no.

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Why are wives always noticing this kind of things? :p mine does the same. I don't use Blue Marble since a while but I will check! Thank you!

8. gudal

gudal Chieftain

Hi

Pretty sure I have the newest version of AND 2, if not, please correct me. Downloaded from "main download information".

When starting a map with preset civs and start as minors, each civ is given an extra unit (by the start as minors functionality). This unit is not placed with the settler and any other units, but far away (like on an earth map, France get a settler and warrior in france, and a warrior in Alaska). Most likely, this is the civ's original starting position, before someone moved them and saved the map as a new scenario.

Could it be possible to make a version of "start as minors" without extra units? As a quick fix to allow the use of both functionalities.

(hope this hasn't been asked, searched through the forum).

9. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Small problem with the swordsman quest.

It state that you need Hereditary rule, but its now called Monarchy.

Spoiler :

Solution - Change from Hereditary rule to Monarchy.

Will post if its affected or not in results.

*Edit* My bad, must have looked at wrong battle log

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That text is hardwired and simply has never been changed (unlike a lot of the text, which is dynamically generated). In fact, the civic really is still CIVIC_HEREDITARY_RULE and the display name is Monarchy. At some point before this mod is finished, we need to do some game text cleanup.

The quest events use Python to check for completion and additional conditions. This is the snippet for activating the last option. (The first canApplyEliteSwordsDone is to check that you have the right number of Light Swordsmen units.)
    Code:
    def canApplyEliteSwordsDone2(argsList):
    	iEvent = argsList[0]
    	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]
    	player = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)

iCivic = gc.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_HEREDITARY_RULE")

if not player.isCivic(iCivic):
    		return False

return True	

11. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

I have a 1 city civ that has 11 camel archers and no camel resource. how is that possible?

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Because there's no camel resource. Horse is required. Do they have it?

13. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

No you can see in the screenshot.

14. General_Snuss

General_Snuss Chieftain

Do they trade it with someone else?

15. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Well, I suppose I will have to be content with that answer, But I would still like to know why camel riders are in the game.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

You can check. Use worldbuilder, plant a great spy in their city so that you can look inside and check their trades. You can see at a glance if they're getting horses by someone else

17. triplebassist

triplebassist Chieftain

Camel Riders have been Arabia's UU since BTS at the latest. Arab calvary were on camelback more often than horseback because camels were better suited to the desert terrian and didn't need as much water.

18. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

I am well aware of the history in RL. What I was asking is why are they in the game if there is no prereq and no resource. It is illogical.

19. os79

os79 Deity

Its Unique Unit name. The graphics make them look like camel riders. Horse req is simply gameplay thing.

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Actually, Horse is NOT a requirement for Camel Archer. It's one of the advantages Camel Archer has over the Knight that CA is replacing. The Camel Archer is completely resource-free.

There also is no Camel resource, and I don't think we need one. I think we're better off keeping the one Camel unit as a UU.