1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. aggri1

aggri1 Prince

I have this too, with the colonist also. I thought that the help text referring to Algebra was just wrong. Does it perhaps depend on the underlying terrain (if there is actually such)?

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Did you check whether the peak is ice or dessert? AFAIK you cannot found cities on those plots, unless they are next to coast or have fresh water.

3. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Unfortunately, another bug:
    Although I have buildt the Apollo Program, and researched all techs, I cannot build a single Space Ship part.
    I think this can be seen in the savegame I uploaded a few posts before.

4. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Have you disabled Space Race victory condition? I think that disables space ship parts.

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'll try your save when I have time and I'll let you know.

6. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Two issues. planes do not follow carriers and I can only select one unit onboard a ship instead of the whole stack.

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

You're playing with No Future Era option (which should actually be "No Transhuman Era"), you can't build spaceship parts because needed techs are in the transhuman era.

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Also for the income bug, do you have a save when it first started acting weird (or possibly the turn before)?

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Planes will follow the carrier, they just need time, it's a know graphical glitch and it's there in plain BTS too, AFAIK. Nothing I can do, I fear. As for selecting the whole stack, I've tried to solve that bug many times, it happens with units loaded on a transport too, but I haven't been able to solve it. Sorry. :(

10. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Ok thanks.

11. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Wonder what caused the transport thing? Think it's happening in C2C too? (Haven't really played in ages. That "Lead from Behind" feature's majorly killed any motivation to play past the Prehistoric to Early Ancient for me)

It's not a big deal in the early game, a moderate annoyance in the Galleon Era, but it's quite painful with large landing armies - at least if you need to get units off when the transports don't have any MP left and you don't want to wait for the next turn to unload them :lol:

Same with aircraft - not a big deal if it's a single carrier and you're wanting specific control over what they attack, but gets unwieldy and tedious with several or dozens of carriers/cities stacked with planes.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There are some grave dangers in the code in allowing units to be grouped when onboard transports. That's why in all iterations of the game it's an issue.

I've attempted to make it possible with some controls in place in the C2C code and I don't think I've had any trouble there that hasn't been solved since but I'm not 100% sure still. The main problems exist for the AI, not the human so enabling human players hasn't caused much problem - but there WAS another thing to consider in it that I'm not sure I remember offhand.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Nice to know, thanks TB; is that what you've introduced in C2C rev7463-7464? I'll have a look at that to see if it works in AND. Thank you again for your advice! :)

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I couldn't identify the rev#s for you at the moment but if you're going off of the notes on the revisions you're probably right on target.

15. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

yeah, looking at the code I think it's that one; notes say "Made it possible for human players to group units that are on transports provided they are grouped among the same transport and fixed a few unnecessary asserts this caused but otherwise seems bug-free under all tests."

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's the initial one... I think there was an issue resolved from this later too and I'm hoping it was included in the notes.

17. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Thanks again, I'll have a look! :)

18. dbkblk

dbkblk Emperor

@45: I've started to look at the parser again to make it dead simple to use for the team and i've found why the MISC.xml file was destroyed at rev847.
    Some of the first tags are opened by <tag> but closed by </TaDenialTypesg>.
    I supposed that wasn't intended, isn't it ? This is not conform to xml.
    <Tag>TXT_KEY_DENIAL_SHARE_RELIGION</TaDenialTypesg>

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Definitely, I didn't notice that.

20. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Please look at this minidump. It will address a broken link between BTS and ROM - AND I believe as BTS will load the vanilla mods but fails to initialize Rom - AND.

The issue may be caused by my addition of "The unofficial 3.19 Patch" that I added when I uninstalled/installed Civ4/BTS two days ago.

EDIT, got it running. Please view minidump as informational. Thanks for looking.