1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Another instance of the above. Babylon's last city fell and I got the "Babylonian civilization has been destroyed!" message but he stuck around anyway. I opened up the World Builder and erased his two galleys and his name was immediately taken off the scoreboard (And I was promptly given a duplicate of the destroyed message amusingly enough, so it said it twice)

It's very much like "Require Complete Kills" is turned on, but it's not. Did some new option or addition/change somehow turn this on or introduce something similar?

2. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

this parcel of land has not been relinquished. The surrounding cities were conquered over 50 turns ago. the surrounding cities have most of the culture buildings by now. the game is set at 50% culture. I beat them every time they attack.

This is ridiculous! I win battles and gain no land. Phooey! Do you REALLY think this is fun?

EDIT sorry screenshot accidently deleted.

3. aggri1

aggri1 Prince

When I mouse over the hammer icon to the left of the build progress bar in a city screen, I am told that the base production is X, and then immediately thereunder there is a line which says "+15%commerce-symbol from domestic city connections due to Financial trait" - I'm playing as the Dutch. Why does the (trait-specific) commerce modifier appear in the hammer information popup? It doesn't appear to affect the final hammers produced.

Cheers, A.

4. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

@45 Thought you might be interested in some logs generated from a fresh new Svn install V850

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

50 turns means nothing to me. There is already the concept of culture depletion, where culture in all tiles is reduced by half every X turns, but X depends on gamespeed. On a marathon or epic game, it could be 100-200 turns for it to take effect.

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Fixed borders, might be your problem, if the losing civ is in fixed borders, and it has some culture from the capital, it would control all those tiles, till you kill all cities pushing culture onto them.

7. oldnooob

oldnooob Prince

Thanks Ipex, that was just a short game I was playing for a couple of days. the devs have changed culture and I was surprised. I am used to the old way where you get the land right away. I can anticipate this new feature in future games.

I do not understand fixed borders so I don't play with them turned on. Actually I play a very basic war game without any of the "social" features. It's nice that the devs have allowed so many features to be optional. options make this truly the best mod.

8. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Yeah it's times like this that I truly hate Fixed Borders - but since this comes up only oh so rarely for me, it's not a huge deal so I often play with it enabled anyway. The times when it actually comes to bite me is pretty uncommon and there's usually something I can do about it regardless.

The last time it was bugging me was a couple of games back, when a vassal of mine slipped a city into a tiny pocket of land that wasn't yet claimed by my culture. 1,000 years later and he only had five tiles - five tiles! - left and one of them was because a single longbow was parked on it. I had 100% culture in that tile. A legendary city was just a short ways away, and another city close to legendary was also nearby. THat single longbow kept it under his control (How!? I understand that Fixed Borders is supposed to hold onto tiles, but that was just utterly absurd)

I just asked him to swap out of Monarchy, he immediately lost the tile, and despite his garrison the city flipped to me two turns after the switch. That was how much cultural pressure I had on the tiles but FB ensured they'd never be lost :rolleyes:

This sort of thing almost never happens to me though, and when it does I can just ask them to get the hell out of their FB civic or if they're not a vassal I'll just declare on them. If I'm looking to culturally dominate the AI now I'll just have FB disabled in the pre-game options :king:

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Guys, fixed borders aren't a problem anymore. First of all Afforess improved culture diffusion as he explained throughly in another thread. Second there are NO fixed borders even when that option is on. While usually the owner of the tile is the one with most culture on it, with Fixed Borders you need TWICE the other civ's culture to win that tile. It's simply as easy as that. This changed was made by Koshling in C2C and imported by me more than 1 year ago.

10. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I was able to eat away some of the tiles my vassal had, but the ones o the opposite side of my legendary city I wasn't able to claim until I got him out of Fixed Borders.

Unless the Claim Tile feature reacts to culture differently, I don't know why it wouldn't swap to me even with 100% of my culture in it - which is quite a bit more than just twice his culture ;)
    I didn't gain control of it until he swapped out of FB and thus couldn't use military to claim it, so not sure what was going on there if it's been overhauled as you suggested.

I can't remember what gamespeed I was playing on or how long I waited before asking him to swap out, so I can't really say anything about that, but I do know I sat there with 99% and then 100% culture for a while with just a longbow holding on to it.

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

If there's a military unit on that tile and civ has fixed borders, that tile won't change ownership, no matter how much cultural pressure you apply

12. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

I'll be sure to keep some Str-2 warriors on hand in the late Industrial the next time I foresee a cultural border war with an AI then :p

Really think that 'garrison' strength should be taken into account there like it does with city flipping, but it'd probably be too much trouble in the long run I suppose. The chances that this feature would actually be harmful to a game seems fairly low anyway - if you REALLY needed that tile, you could just declare war or ask them to switch out of the civic. Then they wouldn't be able to get it back again because it would be yours.

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

C2C has hidden-nationality units that allow to carry out surgical strikes that would be useful in these situations. I don't think that AND does.

14. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Sorry to bring this up once again, but the capitol administration building is still not working as intended.
    It should increase the working radius to three tiles like metropolitan administration, but it doesn`t.

15. Samson

Samson Deity

I think this is a minor bug, sorry if I am not understanding something. I have usable mountains on, and have just got mountaineering. I have one peak that is usable by 2 cities, and after swapping this between the 2 cities I can use it, but all my other peaks I cannot use. This is playing rev. 844 on windows 7. Attached is a save and screenshot showing the one peak I can use and another I cannot.

[EDIT] Building a mine on the peak allowed me to use it (which makes it even more minor). I do not know if that is intentional, but I could use the one that I swapped before I built the mine.

Attached Files:

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I've tried your save very quickly and you're right, although I don't know what's happening. I'll check again when I have time.

17. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

I am experiencing a huge bug:
    I am running a great deficit (several thousands a turn).
    However, this amount gets added to my treasury each turn, not subtracted.
    Save attached.

Attached Files:

18. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I can confirm that bug, its happened to me as well.

I thought it was just the save I was playing, as it had a few faults, I've since started another game, and it hasn't occurred as yet..

SVN was 847 from memory

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I'll see what I can do. I haven't tried your save yet but I suppose this happens on bigger maps or slower games because numbers are getting bigger than they're supposed to.

20. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

3 Bugs I've encountered.

1st is the double message, I've received that one.

Spoiler :

No biggie, they died that turn anyway, just to back up another persons posting.

2nd, which is a biggie, and rather annoying.

Spoiler :

And its back, bigger then ever.

I've tried searching on how to remove this feature, but I can't find anything. I now think from memory, it may have been fixed in a SVN version, but my game hasn't been fixed.

I have self edited some files, but only to bring building yields up to production costing.

I accept it for the AI, but myself, I just delete that unit I randomly get, and build another, annoying yes, but Meh!!

3rd bug, I can't seem to found cities on peaks, WITH Algebra. I have the "Go to button" but no build. I have a basic settler, doesn't say anything about needing a colonist or Pioneer.

Save contains Peak settler, and Barbarian in North, just outside my city limits.

Settler is ESE of Ratae, and SW of Circassian. On mountain peak.