1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Well in going back to obtain the applicable "Save", I discovered something interesting (to me). Let's see if I can explain it.

When I load a "Save", while in the current game, ALL loads take on the configuration of the existing game (back to the first turn 6000BC. That is to say they all reflect the reduced yields of the cataclysmic event.

If I start the game and load up a Save, ALL of the loaded Saves reflect normal game yields, including a Save one year back where I should have still been in the cataclysmic event.

Not sure if I can provide examples or not and won't pursue it unless you would like me to. It would involve 4 Saves.

Buck

Related, Well for the 4th time I have experienced another volcanic explosion that darkened the world again. This is much like the Depletion Resources event that is way overdone. Two great ideas that end up screwing up the game.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Thanks buck, that's interesting. I think I don't need saves, probably I can reproduce it although I'm not sure I'm able to fix it. I think I know where the problem might be.

About dark age, which gamespeed are you playing with?

3. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Eternity.

4. evmcmunn

evmcmunn Chieftain

I did what u said about the forest preserve, and even tried changing the hybrid forest's prereq to ecology just to see what would happed and ecological engineering still pops up as being in there, am I missing a separate xml file or something?

5. evmcmunn

evmcmunn Chieftain

environmental engineering i meant...and i cant stress how frustrated this is making me that i cant figure it out arg.

6. marrokos

marrokos Chieftain

hi, i m having a problem enabling the formations on the launcher: i click to enable, then i go back and the option is dis-selected. can i force it editing any file?

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

If you want Forest Preserve to upgrade to Treefarm, you have to change the <ImprovementUpgrade> for the Forest Preserve itself in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml.

Editing the technologies will only change when an improvement is available. As far as I can tell, editing the <PrereqTech> in CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml will only govern when an improvement is available by upgrade from a previous improvement. The <PrereqTech> in CIV4BuildInfos.xml governs when you can build an improvement from scratch. So technically, Farm does not have a tech prerequisite (in ImprovementInfos) but building a farm requires Agriculture (in BuildInfos).

If this doesn't make sense, let me know exactly what you want to happen.

8. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Edit Assets\Modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. Set <bLoad> to 1 for any module you want to use.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Seeking some info, is Eternity game speed 14,000 turns in AND? And do you have Eon at 9,000 turns?

Thanks

JosEPh

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

We don't have eons and slowest speed is 4800 turns.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Good for you guys!

Thank you 45*. :)

JosEPh

12. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

I can now confirm that the "empty transports with occupied space" bug is due to trading Workers (and other tradable units) via diplomacy, while said Workers are loaded into the ship.

Possible solution:
    EITHER make the "occupied cargo space" counter correctly recognize when units are removed due to trading via diplomacy
    OR make units loaded into ships unavailable to be traded

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Do you have a save? Are you 100% sure of it? Easiest solution is probably to make loaded workers not tradeable. Does it only happen with workers or other units too?
    Thanks

14. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

OK, I've run some test. It only happens with workers. Loaded units like bombards for example aren't tradeable while onboard. I've fixed the code for workers in the same way, I'll upload it when I have some time because I have very little time for coding lately.
    Thanks for spotting this Noyyau.

15. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

I was about to set up a test game to provide a save, then I checked just in case :D
    Cheers!
    I had only assumed about other loaded units, hadn't traded away anything other than workers yet (loaded in ships, anyway).

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I'm using the Off-line patcher and it was working fine until going above rev1000.
    patch fail.JPG
    I hope dbkblk still sees this.

17. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

In process. I'm going to be doing a lot of under-the-hood work on the graphics, including a total rearrangement of the FPK files, and I'll be changing the Japanese Longbowman model when I do that.

19. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Alright :goodjob:

20. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I've just noticed something about this 'Bug'

When I was in Slavery, I experience 100% enslavement from ALL combat.

I've now just switched to free Market, I've just done 2 attacks via sea, on a city and on a land tile.

The city was 100% enslavement 3/3 I received a slave aboard my ships.

on the next tile, I was a stack of 4 Longbows, with City garrison 2, too good, so I attack with the remaining 3 Muskets.

3 attacks later, 0/3 enslavement. I had room on the ships for slaves.

As I read the blurb on the civics, you have a 10% enslavement chance from combat with slavery civic, and none other.

Now from my fuzzy memory of combat under slavery, cities was running at 100%, but land seemed to run at 10%. Capturing a workers was 100% enslavement, i.e. capture a worker and another appeared on the next tile 100%

I remember, not always having 100% enslavement, and some land combat must have been this.

Anyway, hope it helps in your digging for a solution.

Cities 100% victory enslavement.
    Land combat 10%.
    Capturing workers 100% enslavement, a 2 for 1 deal. :goodjob::sad:

*Edit* Shock promotions seems to give 100%, non-Shock gives 10%. I'm in Free Market and Republic. 3/7 have Shock 1 or 2, and I consistantly get 3/7 enslavement.

*Edit 2* Strangely, it only works at 10% V's mounted units. Archer or Melee, with shock its 100%, Horse its only 10%, and first attack from each stack seems to be 100% as well.