1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. TurambarFR

TurambarFR Chieftain

I can't raze cities, which can be quite annoying (not sure this is a bug, though)

I also have lots of crashes, but I assume it is normal, due to the scale of the mod. Keep on the good work!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

About razing, there's a thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/city-razing.599085/
    It's a feature, read my posts there.
    The game shouldn't crash that often. I've played on gigantic maps without issues on a 7 years old PC.

3. zeroRPGmaker

zeroRPGmaker Chieftain

I removed MegaCiv addon and my game is a lot more stable.

4. TurambarFR

TurambarFR Chieftain

I'll try that, thanks ;)

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I only play with MCP since more than a year and have no CTD issues.

6. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

I have couple crash on desktop without messages after last MCP update, before that zero. I have old c2c xml validator made by alberts and it gives lot more errors after update, sadly I dont understand anything about those reports.. This is tool Im talking about http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tool-for-xml-validation.514150/

7. zeroRPGmaker

zeroRPGmaker Chieftain

I had almost zero crashes before the needed update of MegaCiv because AND's update.

Since removing the addon (module), I've had zero crashes. With the addon (module) on, I have a gamebreaking crash early on (within the first 60 turns). Its hard to narrow down why or what causes it. Can't even determine if it happens all the time, because after ruining three games, I just dropped the addon.

8. janjetina

janjetina Chieftain

Crash to desktop
    i7, 16 GB RAM, Win 10
    AND version: 1095
    Last savegame and Minidump attached.

Attached Files:

9. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

upgrade to latest version of AND. Then see if crash continues.

Alternatively, load an earlier auto save. Try 5 auto saves before hand, if 1/turn, and see if that changes anything.

10. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Wait what:)? 1045 is latest, right?

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Unless someone else released 50 revisions without me noticing, I assume it's a typo.
    Unfortunately I can't test the game since my modding PC is still in a box.

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

yes it is, 1045, thought it was 1145

I can't extract it without getting an error, or it won't load, as it does extract a copy, but says error in extracting, and won't load past Initialization stage.

13. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Prince

I don't know if someone postedthis issue before - when I have a farm on a resource that needs plantation (incense, cotton etc.) I can't build a plantation. There's no icon to build it. I have to pillage my own farm and then I have the option to build a plantation.

I noticed it in previous versions of the mod. In latest 1045 it's still present.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

It's known, but I don't think it is something I can fix. I think it is a DLL-level problem, and 45* is the only one who can handle those, and he doesn't have his modding computer right now.

15. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Just for your information, I'm currently running an auto play test with MCP on marathon on a more than gigantic earth map which is not included in the mod (something like 220x120). 2100/2400 turns and no ctd yet. 30 starting civs and revolution so there have been up to 41 civs alive at the same time. And the laptop I'm using it's 4 years old, so turns take 2-4 minutes in late modern era. Savegames are around 14MB at the moment and no issues. I'd say the mod rev1045 is rock stable after I'm done with this stress test. I'm considering releasing this big map after I've adapted it properly, possibly with a different experimental dll with 100 civs limit instead of current 50; of course it's meant to be used with MCP.

16. hello56

hello56 Chieftain

I have one major bug, and that is where all of the new techs and unit icons and labels have been replaced with the pure code and a small pink square. It has nothing to do with the modules because it is still present even when they are disabled.

17. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Try reinstalling the mod.

18. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Woow! :eek::woohoo::bowdown:
    That's awesome! :goodjob:

But I advise to add some option where players can limit the number of civs that can appear in a game through revolutions and barbarian spawns.

19. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

If there is problems that can cause crashes for some players with MCP is it possible that just some or even one civ can do that..?
    I also had couple crash with random maps but zero with my world map where I have about 20 civs from MCP (49 total). And I mean zero with countles AI autoplay test games.. Usually I let AI play about 800-1000 turns so cant say later eras but first 1000 turns seems to be solid as rock like you said:)

100 civ dll sounds fantastic:goodjob: there is still space for couple civs more..

20. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1045 - Slingers

The bug is not about the slingers themselves, but the AI producing them when it has Archers available, and these same said archers are :strength: 4, and not :strength: 2 for slingers.

Same would go for warriors event, when they have Javelineers available, yet they get the random event of Warriors, so scary!!!!