AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I can't raze cities, which can be quite annoying (not sure this is a bug, though)

I also have lots of crashes, but I assume it is normal, due to the scale of the mod. Keep on the good work!

Last edited:
I can't raze cities, which can be quite annoying (not sure this is a bug, though)

I also have lots of crashes, but I assume it is normal, due to the scale of the mod. Keep on the good work!

About razing, there's a thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/city-razing.599085/
It's a feature, read my posts there.
The game shouldn't crash that often. I've played on gigantic maps without issues on a 7 years old PC.

I have couple crash on desktop without messages after last MCP update, before that zero.

I had almost zero crashes before the needed update of MegaCiv because AND's update.

Since removing the addon (module), I've had zero crashes. With the addon (module) on, I have a gamebreaking crash early on (within the first 60 turns). Its hard to narrow down why or what causes it. Can't even determine if it happens all the time, because after ruining three games, I just dropped the addon.

Crash to desktop
i7, 16 GB RAM, Win 10
AND version: 1095
Last savegame and Minidump attached.

Attachments

• MiniDump_1044.rar
    21.8 KB · Views: 58
  • AutoSave_AD-1842-Winter.rar
    7.4 MB · Views: 38
Wait what:)? 1045 is latest, right?

Unless someone else released 50 revisions without me noticing, I assume it's a typo.
Unfortunately I can't test the game since my modding PC is still in a box.

I don't know if someone postedthis issue before - when I have a farm on a resource that needs plantation (incense, cotton etc.) I can't build a plantation. There's no icon to build it. I have to pillage my own farm and then I have the option to build a plantation.

I noticed it in previous versions of the mod. In latest 1045 it's still present.

I don't know if someone postedthis issue before - when I have a farm on a resource that needs plantation (incense, cotton etc.) I can't build a plantation. There's no icon to build it. I have to pillage my own farm and then I have the option to build a plantation.

I noticed it in previous versions of the mod. In latest 1045 it's still present.

It's known, but I don't think it is something I can fix. I think it is a DLL-level problem, and 45* is the only one who can handle those, and he doesn't have his modding computer right now.

I had almost zero crashes before the needed update of MegaCiv because AND's update.

Since removing the addon (module), I've had zero crashes. With the addon (module) on, I have a gamebreaking crash early on (within the first 60 turns). Its hard to narrow down why or what causes it. Can't even determine if it happens all the time, because after ruining three games, I just dropped the addon.

Just for your information, I'm currently running an auto play test with MCP on marathon on a more than gigantic earth map which is not included in the mod (something like 220x120). 2100/2400 turns and no ctd yet. 30 starting civs and revolution so there have been up to 41 civs alive at the same time. And the laptop I'm using it's 4 years old, so turns take 2-4 minutes in late modern era. Savegames are around 14MB at the moment and no issues. I'd say the mod rev1045 is rock stable after I'm done with this stress test. I'm considering releasing this big map after I've adapted it properly, possibly with a different experimental dll with 100 civs limit instead of current 50; of course it's meant to be used with MCP.

I have one major bug, and that is where all of the new techs and unit icons and labels have been replaced with the pure code and a small pink square. It has nothing to do with the modules because it is still present even when they are disabled.

I have one major bug, and that is where all of the new techs and unit icons and labels have been replaced with the pure code and a small pink square. It has nothing to do with the modules because it is still present even when they are disabled.
Try reinstalling the mod.

Just for your information, I'm currently running an auto play test with MCP on marathon on a more than gigantic earth map which is not included in the mod (something like 220x120). 2100/2400 turns and no ctd yet. 30 starting civs and revolution so there have been up to 41 civs alive at the same time. And the laptop I'm using it's 4 years old, so turns take 2-4 minutes in late modern era. Savegames are around 14MB at the moment and no issues. I'd say the mod rev1045 is rock stable after I'm done with this stress test. I'm considering releasing this big map after I've adapted it properly, possibly with a different experimental dll with 100 civs limit instead of current 50; of course it's meant to be used with MCP.
Woow! :eek::woohoo::bowdown:
That's awesome! :goodjob:

But I advise to add some option where players can limit the number of civs that can appear in a game through revolutions and barbarian spawns.

If there is problems that can cause crashes for some players with MCP is it possible that just some or even one civ can do that..?
I also had couple crash with random maps but zero with my world map where I have about 20 civs from MCP (49 total). And I mean zero with countles AI autoplay test games.. Usually I let AI play about 800-1000 turns so cant say later eras but first 1000 turns seems to be solid as rock like you said:)

100 civ dll sounds fantastic:goodjob: there is still space for couple civs more..

SVN 1045 - Slingers

The bug is not about the slingers themselves, but the AI producing them when it has Archers available, and these same said archers are :strength: 4, and not :strength: 2 for slingers.

Same would go for warriors event, when they have Javelineers available, yet they get the random event of Warriors, so scary!!!!

Top Bottom