1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

It's the Beijing National Aquatic Center from here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/beijing-national-aquatics-center.18793/. It was the best I could find.

I changed the icon on Grand War. Naval Supremacy is using GW's old icon, but GW should have a new one (map with arrows).

I'll fix those, but they don't seem to be causing any problems. In fact, the only typo that seems to have a direct effect is the one BELOW the line you highlighted in Temple of Artemis. <iMaxForeignonnectedCommerce> isn't recognized, but all that does is leave the foreign commerce from Artemis uncapped.

I use Notepad2 as my text editor. I like my programs as uncomplicated as possible.

2. robyextreme

robyextreme Warlord

My game zooms out and turns black after meeting a new AI. I'll upload the replay, just hit end turn and it will zoom out.

Anyone have a work around for this?

Attached Files:

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Won't load for me, crashes once nearly fully loaded?

Try F11, to zoom back in.

If that doesn't work??? at a loss.

4. robyextreme

robyextreme Warlord

Possibly because it was saved with Revision 1066 and you might have updated to 1067 already.

it zooms in to the max distance and as soon as I zoom out even one notch t it goes back to being a black screen. I'm running civ with wine I dont know if that's why, did have this problem before in the past.

Attached Files:

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Ahh Civ IV with WINE, zooming out. I know what the problem is and the solution to it.

/..../A New Dawn/Assets/XML/Globaldefines.xml Cntl-f search for camera.

Spoiler :

</Define>
    <!-- Controlling the camera's maximum distance is a bit tricky since differently-sized maps need the camera to move back different amounts
    There is a lower-bound on the maximum distance, specified below. Thus, the camera will never get any closer than 7000 units.
    To actually tweak the apparent-size of the globe when fully-back, you need to go into CIV4DetailManager.XML and adjust the
    CAMERA_MAX_DISTANCE_FADER value. Because this variable is in the DetailManager XML, your changes will go into effect without restarting the game. -->
    <Define>
    <DefineName>CAMERA_SMALLEST_MAX_DISTANCE</DefineName>
    <fDefineFloatVal>7000</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
    <DefineName>CAMERA_FORCE_TO_SMALLEST_MAX_DISTANCE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

Camera_force_to_..... set to 1.

Previously I've had this problem, and that fixed it.

As you can see, currently its set to zero, so I don't have the problem, or is yet to occur, I'll wait till I get a centering technology for map and see.

Sometimes on loading, the mouse wheel zoom wont' work, but mostly it does, 95%.

robyextreme likes this.
  6. robyextreme

robyextreme Warlord

OMG that fixed it thank you so much. My game is brought back to life!!!

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus N E X U S

Sorry, my bad. Chronicles was ON and it changes Techinfos file too. Sorry.

8. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

I am not sure whether it´s a bug or intended, but the Knight´s Stable does not obsolete the Ger, and my units get XPs from both.

9. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

The option to have a stack attack at once doesn´t seem to work. I have to attack with each unit individually. As a neighbor has just massed a 800+ unit army close to our border that may be very cumbersome in the forseeable future.

10. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus N E X U S

Intended. Ger is a UB and this is an extra bonus.

11. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1067 - Barbarians have Commando.

Actually, ALL opponents seem to have commando in MY territory.

Attached is an autosave, where the Barbarians will attack the Northern city of St.Louis, and will move 2 tiles to do so through my 100% lands. The others attacking Lakamba, landed a turn ago.

If others don't have this, it must be my Game settings in Bug??

Attached Files:

12. tranx

tranx Civilized

I updated the game today to SVN1068 and I find that I cannot load my current game (CTD when loading). Is it normal? What can I do to get my game to load?

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That's an old bug, it's been reported more than once over the years (search this thread for Commando). It is definitely not something I can fix.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

The new Executive unit class is causing the crash.

On the previous page, there is an ExecutiveFix.zip file that contains the three XML files that use that class. If you replace the SVN1068 files with the files from the zip, then your game should load.

The only thing you will lose out on is that the Corporations rule civic is meant to give +100% production to Executive class units. The files from the zip delete that to avoid any XML errors.

15. tranx

tranx Civilized

Thank you very much :hatsoff: I should have checked the previous pages of this thread before asking, will do that next time I have a problem.

16. krokots

krokots Chieftain

Fixed borders don't work? I just gained a tile from my neighbour, which has Despotism. And it says Despotism set fixed borders.

17. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Do you have "No Fixed Borders" checked on in Game Options?

18. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus N E X U S

Iirc if both civs has a civic with fixed borders than it works as if neither had it. So one negates the other.

19. krokots

krokots Chieftain

I had "No fixed borders" unchecked. If both civs have fixed borders and they still move...that doesn't make any sense. Where can I change this in code?

Edit. Could it be possible to add an option at the start, to turn off moving borders when both countries have set fixed borders from civics?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  20. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I would remind you of the little matter of Crimea/eastern Ukraine. All nations in modern Europe have fixed borders and yet that still happened.