AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Couple xml bugs..buildinginfos

BUILDINGCLASS_ARTEMIS theres this <iCitiesRequiredPerForeignConnectedCity>3</iCitiesRequiredPerDomesticConnectedCity> and should be like this <iCitiesRequiredPerForeignConnectedCity>3</iCitiesRequiredPerForeignConnectedCity>

BUILDINGCLASS_CABINET theres this bPrereqBuilingClass so (d) is missing

I have the Civ.Rev 1068

the INDEX of the sevopedia (civipedia) is broken, it only shows until the F

Attachments

• SEBINDI 0768 d. C..CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
I have the Civ.Rev 1068

the INDEX of the sevopedia (civipedia) is broken, it only shows until the F

The problem is that I added a section to the civilopedia about routes, but I don't have the DLL skill to fix the WIDGET_JUMP_TO_ROUTE that is needed for it to work perfectly. While a game is running, the routes section doesn't work, and neither does the index. It breaks just before the Electric Railroad, and I think it will do this in any language.

While a game is not running, the index should work fine. What happens if you just load the mod and go into the civilopedia index?

SVN 1068 - Obsidian

Obsidian is obsoleted at Medicine from memory, checked and didn't say, either with Medicine.

I've researched Medicine, I have Obsidian with a Quarry, but it say's I have zero resources. Obsolete, working fine so far *(Personally, I think Obsidian should be given a BONUS at Medicine)*

Any hoo, I keep on popping the Obsidian resource, even though I can't USE IT AS A RESOURCE. This has happened twice at least. You can still build the Quarry, but don't get the bonus production/commerce.

Please to either REMOVE its spawning post Obsolescence, OR Enable a bonus for this at Medicine, and don't Obsolete.

My Civopedia works fine in the game??? I did have a problem once?? about E, but now is working fine

Geothermal event - I just received this event, I spent 13,000 :gold:, to gain continental power source.

I did get the power, its taken the +4:yuck: from coal power, but hasn't removed the Coal power station at all, or its 1 employed citizen and the +2:yuck: from a coal power station.

Please to obsolete the coal power station with the Geothermal event, IF the continental option is chosen, or only for the city, if that's all you choose. As well, you can replace ALL the Coal power plants, with Oil power plants, and receive +2:health: into the deal. You won't get the -4:yuck: it say's you will, as you already have power, but it will Employ 1 Citizen still.

Hydro plants are still able to be build but here, they actually have a benefit, remove +2:yuck: from the city.

Last edited:
Preventing obsolete resources from spawning needs DLL editing. The routine in CvPlot.cpp doesn't check for an obsoleting tech.

I completed the quest Guns not butter, requiring you to train 18 arquebusier units, with extra bonus if you control the Taj Mahal (which I do) and even more if you run the civic Vassalage (which I don't because there is no such civic, maybe it's meant to be Feudal), but nothing happened at all.

I completed the quest Guns not butter, requiring you to train 18 arquebusier units, with extra bonus if you control the Taj Mahal (which I do) and even more if you run the civic Vassalage (which I don't because there is no such civic, maybe it's meant to be Feudal), but nothing happened at all.

The civic needs fixing. I think it should be Nobility, because the Rule category most closely corresponds to the Legal category in vanilla BTS.

The quest is supposed to count Musketmen + Riflemen, not Arquebusiers. I'll change the trigger tech to Flintlock so it doesn't trigger too early. Where does it say Arquebusiers? I can fix bad English game text, but if you're playing in another language there is not much I can do. Editing ALL the game text is something I want to do once I have all the other components I want in place.

I just tested and the quest worked fine for me.

The problem is that I added a section to the civilopedia about routes, but I don't have the DLL skill to fix the WIDGET_JUMP_TO_ROUTE that is needed for it to work perfectly. While a game is running, the routes section doesn't work, and neither does the index. It breaks just before the Electric Railroad, and I think it will do this in any language.

While a game is not running, the index should work fine. What happens if you just load the mod and go into the civilopedia index?
I experienced that the MegaPack also effects it. If all (save for the leaderhead) modules are OFF it works - for me at least.

Not really a bug but how do you break ice after the discovery of combustion?

Not really a bug but how do you break ice after the discovery of combustion?
IIRC you move a modern Work-boat on the plot with ice and build the ice away :)

IIRC you move a modern Work-boat on the plot with ice and build the ice away :)
Ahh that works, thank you. In the Sevopedia it says workers (which didn't make sense because you can't move them into ice and they would end up in water) but I see it in the work-boat tooltips.

Where does it say Arquebusiers?

I think I saw it say Arquebusiers, in the questlog. But I might have misread Musketmen for Arquebusiers (to me they are quite the same thing). I will check again to be sure.

EDIT: It says Musketman indeed. I've been blinded by the fact that there are no Musketman in BTS (I still play more BTS than ROM). Apologies. Seems like my "contributions" to this forum only serve to waste other people's time :sad:

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm using the unit wrong but I'm finding that my Field Commanders aren't levelling up.
Which is strange because I've been allowed to level them up previously.
Although I changed the directory of the mod from Documents to Program Files 86/ Steam, in order to use Mapview with the mod.
I'm eyeballing an AI who currently has a Field Commander promoted, so the problem seems to be limited to myself only.

Perhaps I'm using the unit wrong but I'm finding that my Field Commanders aren't levelling up.
Which is strange because I've been allowed to level them up previously.
Although I changed the directory of the mod from Documents to Program Files 86/ Steam, in order to use Mapview with the mod.
I'm eyeballing an AI who currently has a Field Commander promoted, so the problem seems to be limited to myself only.

Is your Field Commander gaining experience after combat? I want to know if the problem is the getting XP or the promoting after XP. You should be seeing a Field Commander expend 1 Command Point and gain 1 XP every time a unit in its range battles, either attacking or defending. Alternatively, if you can, park your Field Commander in a city and run Standing Army. It should get XP just like other units do.

The file path shouldn't change anything. I have all my mods in C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Multiverse spits out a lot of errors when loading but other mods all work fine.

Thanks for helping.

The problem is with gaining experience.
I made a worldbuilder save and plopped down a great general with 2 knights either side, opposing a stack of warriors of the opposing Civ (duel map size)
I converted the General to Field Commander, and merged all 3 of my units onto one tile. I attacked the Warriors, and the next turn the rest suicided into my knights. The knights received points whilst the Commander recieved nothing.
I inserted another small stack and moved the Commander a tile back behind the action this time. The result was the same.

I'll recreate the scenario and upload a video file of it.

Edit: Recording it was too difficult so I took some screenies of it.
The Worldbuilder's doing wierd things now. It's making units disappear;
https://imgur.com/a/vSDAM
I attacked with my 2 knights, they both win, nothing happens to the Commander.
I press Enter for next turn. The remaining Warriors suicide into my Knights. They both win, but now one is gone, and the Commander (who was behind the Knights) is gone too. (?)

Edit: It might be helpful if I mention that the game has been acting a little strange over the past few days. Steam told me BTS had to be updated, I ended up loading the game twice simulateously, but the game started up after some silence and stuttering.
The game has crashed on me twice over the last day aswell.
Perhaps a fresh reinstall of both game and mod?

Last edited:
After you attacked with the Knights, did the Commander actually use any of its Command Points? I couldn't tell from your screenshots.

A reinstall might be the way to go. I don't use the Steam version of Civ4, and I haven't used Steam since I briefly tried Civ5.

No command points used. He stayed at 5/5.
I'm reinstalling everything right now. It must have just been an issue with copying and pasting to a new directory, and the game still looking for something in the old directory.

Also now that I'm hear I'll ask aswell, do Commander promotions overlap/stack?
For example, if I have 3 Commanders, all promoted to Level 3 Morale, do all of those apply to the stacks in the operating radius?
That seems quite powerful. :O

Edit:
SOLVED
I searched the key words Control Points on Civ 4 Fanatics through Google and found this;
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/field-commanders-not-working.549814/
Turns out Stack Attack was the culprit, the control points are acting as they should now.

Thanks for the help. :D

Last edited:
SVN 1068 - Knights Stable.

The Error is in this building NOT expiring at all.

Once you have researched Mechanized warfare, you can't build mounted units anymore, and as such the building should expire.

You have the ability to build Oil refineries for Oil products at Combustion. Oil Wells as well are available, and if you haven't built/gotten either by then, its just bad play on YOUR PART.

The building is still a valid build, but the units are supplanted by Tanks/ Motorised infantry.

*Edit* I should have checked building upgrades, my bad

Last edited:
SVN 1068 - Knights Stable.

The Error is in this building NOT expiring at all.

Once you have researched Mechanized warfare, you can't build mounted units anymore, and as such the building should expire.

You have the ability to build Oil refineries for Oil products at Combustion. Oil Wells as well are available, and if you haven't built/gotten either by then, its just bad play on YOUR PART.

The building is still a valid build, but the units are supplanted by Tanks/ Motorised infantry.

It's working the way it is supposed to. Once you get to Logistics, Knight's Stable gets replaced by Military Base. I don't want to use formal obsoleting unless I absolutely have to, and this is not one of those times.

Top Bottom