AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

That seems really strange. Movement limits are actually not tied to eras. They increase at specific techs: Alphabet and Charters give you an extension each, and Navigation removes the limits completely.

That seems really strange. Movement limits are actually not tied to eras. They increase at specific techs: Alphabet and Charters give you an extension each, and Navigation removes the limits completely.
I didn't really understand it either. Thankfully there weren't that many files in the MoreMusic folder to look through to see what was going wrong.

First 3 games with just MoreMusic (extracted to Desktop, copied Assets folder to AND2 mod folder) broke Movement Limits. No Movement Limits were imposed on any of the 3 games played. Terrain Damage worked fine.
That's pretty strange... All that MM does is adding soundtracks to the list of CIV4EraInfos but it DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING :confused:
What is more, that I always play my games (even for testing purposes) with MM and Movement Limit worked for me... more or less, but I could solve it without turning MM off.
Upon exiting the game, opening the launcher, disabling the MoreMusic module, and launching the game again, the MoreMusic intro was still being used at the main menu.
It doesn't mean that the module is still on. The intro music is a name replacement and it still loads with the game even if MM is off. That file replaces one of the vanilla Civ4 files - which is not present in AND, so there is no replacement. If you want to get rid of that file, you have to delete OpeningMenuCiv4.mp3 from Assets/Sounds/Soundtrack.

Here's the original MM Civ4EraInfos file that I downloaded, if you want to have a look.
It only contains the music, it has no information on the eras other than music. :\

Attachments

• CIV4EraInfos.xml
    33.1 KB · Views: 39
Here's the original MM Civ4EraInfos file that I downloaded, if you want to have a look.
It only contains the music, it has no information on the eras other than music. :\
I know what's in it. I made MM ;)
Anyway I checked and compared the 2 files before posting.
MM is a modular modmod and that means that CIV4EraInfos doesn't change era specific stuff, since those are empty. It would only change things where it has different values, like changing:
<iCulturePercent>50</iCulturePercent> to <iCulturePercent>500</iCulturePercent> means that your cities will generate not 50% :culture: but 500% :culture:
But changing it to <iCulturePercent>0</iCulturePercent> will not have any affect, it will be still 50%:culture:

I think I understand. Music is the only thing in the file so the game should be playing those music files in place of AND2's music files?
Personally I don't understand how changing the file fixed the problem. I'm not a modder. XD

What is going on with the AI military? Here is the power graphs for my current game. I am England, all the AIs appear to be constantly creating and deleting units. They are not at war as you can see from the screen shot. Is there something else than can cause power to be as spikey as this?

https://imgur.com/a/BlptH

I turned off "terrain damage" as I was worried maybe the AI was suiciding units in the tundra over and over, however I then experienced an issue where my explorer unit had most movement blocked (red cursor) except along a road.

I think its a combination of things.
1) The AI's 'habit' of researching at 100%.
2) The Unit cost of upkeep of its armies, maintenance.
3) A 'use it or lose it' principle.

I've noticed, that they seem to have trouble maintaining an armed forces, or garrison for cities.

They won't develop the economy enough to support large armies, and have to keep selling them off.

I turned off "terrain damage" as I was worried maybe the AI was suiciding units in the tundra over and over, however I then experienced an issue where my explorer unit had most movement blocked (red cursor) except along a road.

This is what happens when Movement Limits is on and Terrain Damage is off. Movement limits become hard limits for every unit. While Terrain Damage is on, Movement Limits become a soft limit that damages units outside the safe radius every turn.

hi everyone...got problem..save from rev 1062 doesnt work with rev 1068 - it was a pretty good piece of empire I created there, so I will be gratefull if you help me with it. When I start the game there is an error "cavalry tactics" and "winged hussar" missing (I play Polish Empire from mega civ pack)

Attachments

• U˙ytkownik AD-1380.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.5 MB · Views: 83
Yeah that's a common error with the MegaPack. The maker made a patch to fix it. I'll upload it.

Just extract to the same location as you did the MegaPack and say "Yes to all" when asked to overwrite.

Attachments

• MegaPackPatch_3.0.1.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
thanks a lot...theres no error in starting game now, but I still cant open the save file :-( When I trying, a game crashes to desktop without any error. Any suqestions?

I've never had that happen before...
I'm not a programmer so I can't really help but generally people ask for a crash report (although you say it's crashing without an error)
Maybe try starting a new game? Isolate the problem, perhaps, see if it's that particular save or something with the game.

thanks a lot...theres no error in starting game now, but I still cant open the save file :-( When I trying, a game crashes to desktop without any error. Any suqestions?

You need the fix from here. https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...new-dawn-2-only.474185/page-315#post-14955835

The new Executive unit class crashes the game on loading an old save file. The three files remove the Executive class completely which should be enough to finish your current game. Then for any new game you can reinstall the most current version of the files.

..i searched some info on forum and noticed that you're put that files earlier on. Im impressed about your job and patience in explaining and repairing the mod. I try to fix it wirh this file in the evening and see if it works.Great job anyway. Thanks

it worked..thanks. But Im experiencing now science and espionage slider missing. Theres only culure slider

it worked..thanks. But Im experiencing now science and espionage slider missing. Theres only culure slider
Have you met any other civs? It doesn't appear as long as you don't have a neighbor to spy.

Yes. I have 1380 a.d. and meet all the civs. Before upgrading to newest version I had science, espionage and culture sliders visible

Top Bottom