1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Stack Attack has caused a lot of problems. I'm not familiar with it because I've never used it.

Only one Field Commander can influence a given combat. I think it's supposed to be the strongest one, but I also don't think that is always true. That Commander is the one that loses Command Points and gains XP. If one commander's CP are used up, then another commander can take over if you have a big enough stack.

2. Samson

Samson Deity

I think it is the commander that is furthest away but still able to influence the combat, on a draw it is the highest level one.

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 - Unable to pillage a city.

I've gotten this error again. I can't pillage a city to ruins.

I can pillage it to zero population, but it won't raise, and will just regrow.

I tried gifting it to another civ, and recaptured it, with zero of my culture, but again it only raised to zero population.
    Spoiler :
    2nd time captured.

Save attached on turn of capture

I had a thought, what about re-calculation, but what are the key's again??? I've forgotten.

Not Cntl-shift-Q

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

4 buttons to the right: CTRL-SHIFT-T :)

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Thanks, I'll try that out, I"ve captured it a 3rd time, and 3rd time its pillaged to zero. I left if unoccupied and the AI rushed over and grabbed it.

It Immediately grew to size 1.

6. Master_calhau

Master_calhau Chieftain

Hello guys!

First of all, congrats for this outstanding modmod! You are doing a pretty good job here ;)

Now, I am facing some serious problems since last update.

I used to play with all extras: Mega Civ pack, More Music and Chronicles (See pic 1)

With all extras activated (using 1068), I got errors 1.1 and 1.2 (see pics) and game crashed.

Then I deactivated Chronicles 2.0 and I got errors 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, but I was able to start the game.

Any clue?

Attached Files:

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

8. Urza1234

Urza1234 Chieftain

I'm encountering a similar problem.

Im playing with Raging Barbs and they're absolutely wrecking the AI. Its giving me the opportunity to notice that the Defenders that spawn out of a city's population when invaded are bringing cities to 0 pop.

Also, though its not a bug, 18/25 starting civs are currently dead, I'm the only one who even has Writing. Is there any way with Raging Barbs on to weight the AI a little more toward the Palisade?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  9. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 - Fossil fuels event - I've spawned this event, AGAIN!!.

Now my problem is that I've received the continental power event, I paid 13K for it and now have continental green power.

In my cities, I can currently only build Oil power plants, which should have been replaced, another :gripe: And the continental power WON'T replace Hydro plants and Coal plants and their 1 employed citizen.

Please to un-enable this event, if you gain continental power, and replace the buildings with the new clean green Geothermal power.

*Edit - I got the reward the next turn, I think I mass built Hydro plants at Plastics, which occurred BEFORE I received the geothermal event. Even so, it should REPLACE ALL power plants upon paying for continental power, or ALL power plants in that one city, if that's what you opt for :confused:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  10. PsychopathicWarmonger

PsychopathicWarmonger Warlord

I'm having a few strange issues occuring recently, I'm not sure what's causing them, but they're not all happening simultaneously in every game.
    1. Barb animals aren't spawning.
    2. Movement Limits aren't working.
    3. RevIndex is not working properly.

Based on the last 5 or 10 games I've generated, these problems are occuring quite randomly.
    Animals haven't been spawning at all for most of the games I've generated.
    Movements Limits weren't working for the majority.
    The RevIndex wasn't changing for a few of the games.

Perhaps it's one of the Modules I'm running that's messing up something?
    I'm running the Civ Mega Pack, aswell as More Music.
    It may also be the world generator. I'm using Perfect World 2.
    Or maybe it's a combination of options that's throwing a spanner in the clockwork. I really don't know.

I'll attach a few Worldbuilder Scenarios of some of the last few games. Maybe someone might be able to find something in the code.

TEST1 : RoMPerfectWorld2, Standard, Epic, Monarch
    Movement Limits broken.
    RevIndex appears to be fine.
    Barb animals only in the New World.

TEST2 : RoMPerfectWorld2, Large, Epic, Monarch
    Movement Limits previously broken. Seem to be working after opening up the save and playing a few turns.
    (See the Galley over a dozen moves past 25% damage coast tiles for proof)
    RevIndex seems to be working.

TEST3 : RoMPerfectWorld2, Small, Epic, Monarch
    Movement Limits working.
    RevIndex doesn't seem to be working. (Safe - Flat, at Turn 25)

The one constant appears to be the Barb Animals. Maybe it's BarbarianWorld that's messing it up?

Hopefully someone can make something out of this. It's beyond my meagre ability to troubleshoot. :p

Edit: Reloading saves seems to solve the Movement Limits issue. I tried this in a new game.
    Animals are spawning again in PerfectWorld 2.
    This might just be a quick fix, not sure if it'll keep everything in place.
    Any ideas on why the problems go away upon reload?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  11. tik33

tik33 Chieftain

hello. I have problem with error: "ArtInfo:`ART_DEF_UNIT_CATAPULT_DENMARK` was not found"and after that "ArtInfo error not found". Since that specific turn everything worked just fine. Here my save. Please give me a clue

12. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I think I accidentally removed the <bNoPower> tags from Power Plants in v1066. I'll fix it in the next version. However, Shale Plant and Matter Decompiler aren't supposed to have <bNoPower> so you can still get their other benefits.

13. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Prince

Rev 1068, but this "bug" was present in previous versions I've played. Sometimes I can't sign right of passage with particular civs because... I don't like them enough. Of course this is the civ I'd very like to sign it (right of passage only, not open borders).

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Has this ever happened with Open Borders itself? I think Right of Passage and Open Borders use the same code, and Open Borders shouldn't deny on the human side, so I wonder what could happen. It almost certainly needs DLL work to fix.

15. Aquila SPQR

Aquila SPQR Prince

I don't recall such situation with open borders option - only with right of passage.

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

17. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I have made a patch to fix that error and make the modmod playable.
    HOTFIX 2.0.1

18. PsychopathicWarmonger

I can't seem to fix these problems alone so I'm just going to post them here.

I'm running the More Music pack but the mod doesn't turn off even when disabling it on the launcher.

I'm experiencing game crashes on occasion. They tend to occur just after a game loadup (new or existing games)

Movement Limits aren't working sometimes. Terrain damage on Deserts and Tundra is fine but there are no movement limits at all in many games.
    I'm thinking the Movement Limit problem is linked with the mapscripts I'm using. Totestra, PerfectWorld2, PerfectMongoose.

I'm also getting this problem on Totestra too;
    https://i.imgur.com/4k30PTm.jpg

I'm doing a clean reinstall into the Steam Mods folder in BTS, but I'm not certain if it will fix anything. I'll try a few games without any additional modules and see what happens. Hopefully someone can make sense of this. I thought I'd fixed it previously but the problems seem intermitent.

RESULTS:
    First 3 games on clean reinstall of AND2 all played fine with no problems as mentioned above.
    All 3 were Standard Totestras with no options changed except Movement Limits. I went into the BUG options and enabled Terrain damage upon seeing that Movement Limits were indeed being imposed.

First 3 games with just MCP installed (extracted to AND2 mod folder), including the patch (extracted to the same location), and with all modules enabled worked fine aswell. Again, changed no options - except Terrain Damage which had to be enabled again.

First 3 games with just MoreMusic (extracted to Desktop, copied Assets folder to AND2 mod folder) broke Movement Limits. No Movement Limits were imposed on any of the 3 games played. Terrain Damage worked fine.

Upon exiting the game, opening the launcher, disabling the MoreMusic module, and launching the game again, the MoreMusic intro was still being used at the main menu.

It appears that MoreMusic is causing the problems with game options, which is strange, because that module shouldn't be affecting game files at all. :\

It's pretty hard to enjoy the game with crashes and faulty game options so I'll sit tight until this can get sorted.

Edit: I think I've narrowed the problem down to two XML files - both under the name Civ4EraInfos.

The file names.
    Spoiler :

Their directories.
    Spoiler :

Perhaps the MoreMusic XML is in the wrong directory? I don't recall overwriting anything when I extracted the files for the mod into the A New Dawn folder.
    On the second try, after deleting all files relating to it, I tried copying the Assets folder from the Desktop (where I extracted it to this time) into the Assets folder of A New Dawn. Again, no overwrite.

I discovered that the music that was playing at the menu was in a different folder titled Soundtrack and that it musn't have been obeying the command to turn off like the rest of the module when disabled.
    I left this file where it was, deleted the MoreMusic folder, and Movement Limits worked in the next game I generated.
    So the problem lies in their somewhere but I'm not sure if I have the skill to fix it. :\

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  19. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 - Geothermal power event.

As previously reported, I received this event, and paid for Continental power.

Problem still stands as reported before.

Additional problem, I've just realized is that NEW cities DON'T receive power from the Geothermal event, AFTER they reach size 6.
    Spoiler :

One city, the only one on a river, is able to build a Hydro plant, to gain power, that others, over 6 population, can build OIL POWER PLANTS only, as coal is REPLACED by OIL.

Note, National parks city, doesn't have power, as no on a river, and only had a Coal power plant, but can build an Oil power plant.

Please to amend the Geothermal event to provide power to ALL subsequent cities, and REMOVE the power plants of EXISTING cities, giving them power.

20. PsychopathicWarmonger

I've permenantly fixed the Movement Limits problem.
    I simply copied the music for each era from the MoreMusic Civ4EraInfos into the place of the music for each era in the AND2 Civ4EraInfos.
    I believe what may have been happening was that the game uses the AND2 Civ4EraInfos file to give Movement Limits information about each era, as with each progressing era the movement limits increase. The MoreMusic Civ4EraInfos doesn't have any information other than the music and its eras, so I assume that's why Movement Limits weren't working with it enabled.

Just incase anyone else has problems with this in future, thought I'd let the solution be known.

Edit: Sorry, solution didn't hold. I think it's just a modifiers thing. Nothing's wrong with MM.
    Control-Shift-T seems to fix the problems. Just make sure to do it at the start of a game or upon opening a save. :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018