1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 - Aurora Scramjets.

Spoiler :
    Code:
    <UnitClassInfo>
                <Type>UNITCLASS_SCRAMJET</Type>
                <Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_SCRAMJET</Description>
                <iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
                <iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
                <iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
                <iInstanceCostModifier>0</iInstanceCostModifier>
                <DefaultUnit>UNIT_SCRAMJET</DefaultUnit>
            </UnitClassInfo>

They are listed as Aurora scramjets under the fighter listing, and Scramjets only unit XML.

I noticed this when they couldn't be promoted to improved radar, but strike fighters could 'out of the box' so to speak.

This would also account for the lack of unit naming codes.

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

The XML is UNITCLASS_SCRAMJET all the way through. "Aurora Scramjet" is just the <Description> XML. There are several places where I have changed the names of things without changing the underlying XML.

Aurora Scramjets are perfectly capable of getting Improved Radar promotions. If yours can't, I will need a save game.
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

Unit naming does need fixing. It's fixed in my working copy and will be part of the next upload, but I have no idea when that will be.

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

save attached, I can't promote newly produced Aurora scramjets to improved radar. I have about 6 of them with improved radar, but they are upgraded from jet fighters who received the promotion.

Can't do the same for Bomber units either.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I dug into this. In the DLL are explicit tests to deny a promotion that would raise a unit's interception, evade interception, or withdrawal above a particular threshold. The current limits are 100% intercept, 90% evade, and 90% withdraw. Aurora Scramjet already has 100% interception, so it can't go any higher and is ineligible for any promotion that raises intercept.

I think there are similar tests, that I could not find, that deny promotions to units that could never take advantage of them. For example, Rams are Siege Units and should be eligible for City Raider promotions, but because they cannot attack, they couldn't ever use the promotion and so it doesn't appear. My guess is that Bombers can't use promotions to get an intercept chance when they don't have one to begin with.

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Here's why I questioned this
    Spoiler :

Units can have the improved radar, but still be capped at 100% interception. Its the 20% v's Air units that I also wish to achieve.

Couldn't this promotion be allowed, but keep the capped 100% interception.

It seems unfair, if you judiciously promote your units, you can achieve an unfair advantage.

Same goes for Air to Air missiles promotion, if kept capped at 100%, so you can't gain the +15% interception, but you do gain the 15% v's Air units. This promotion comes off of improved radar or Interception II
    Spoiler :

Which now precludes the Chaff promotion of 15% evasion chance. But if you have improved radar promotion, from the Jets version, you can promote to Chaff.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  6. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I think promotions in general need to be looked at. I don't think the promotions that offer a lot of bonuses are actually a good idea.

7. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1066 - Special agents

Originally posted Here for original posting

Special agents DON'T gain any experience from Buildings or settled Great Generals.
    Spoiler :

They only receive 3 experience points and not the 11 the mouse over says they will receive.
    Spoiler :

Points are only coming from the Intelligence agency and security Bureau.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. SethG

SethG Chieftain

Rev. 1068
    The Myth of the Sky icon is now an anchor. This icon is also used for something naval, which makes sense.

Aqueduct says it replaces Artesian Well, which it doesn't do as far as I can tell. Unless you rush Invention, you will have Aqueduct long before Artesian Well. I believe you can build both in the same city.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  9. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

The art for Myth of the Sky is bugged. It is on my fix list.

Aqueduct replacing Artesian Well is intentional. If your city is eligible for an Aqueduct with at least one Hill or Peak in its vicinity, it builds one of those. Only if it doesn't, like a city on a flat island, do you have to wait for Invention and build Artesian Well. They both have the same effect of providing +1 health and fresh water, and I don't want too many sources of +health to accumulate, so I made them into a replacement chain.

10. SethG

SethG Chieftain

I understand the rationale, but the replacement reference is confusing. If anything, the Artesian Well sort of replaces the Aqueduct.

A typo more than a bug, but the tooltip for Ethics says that 'the first... to research Dualism" founds Zoroastrianism.

I also just got a strange bug where the icon for the Archer is the Slinger. On upgradeable units, the Archer icon shows up properly, but not in build lists. Never seen this before. I've attached a save.

Attached Files:

11. SethG

SethG Chieftain

Few more typos, etc.

On the event where your ship gets stuck on a reef, the text reads 'One of our ships has gotten stuck on reef...' which should be 'a reef'. The last of the text is '...and fix the ship hull.' Word 'ship' should be removed. Finally, you acknowledge by clicking next to some text which ends '...get it back to course'. 'On course' is the proper expression.

The tooltip for the Pyramids says it adds Irrigation Canals in every city, when it adds Graveyards. Speaking of Irrigation Canals, it's odd they've been pushed so far out. They're quite ancient, and the Pyramids adding them makes more sense than Graveyards.

12. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Well, you could say "fix the ship's hull".

Pyramids and graveyards are both places for storing the honoured dead, so there's definitely a thematic link.

13. SethG

SethG Chieftain

'Ship's hull' is at least grammatically correct, although the word 'ship' is really unnecessary. What other hull could be fixed? Either way, the text should be corrected.

Edit: I guess with the Pyramids, I was thinking thematically. The Egyptians could mobilize this huge labor source to build this elaborate royal tomb, and likewise work on huge irrigation schemes. Just about anyone can dig a hole in the ground and dump a body in it, and of course burial sites are far more ancient than the start date of the game, much less the Pyramids.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  14. SethG

SethG Chieftain

Please look at the savegame and tell me why the Indians have done so little. They have built one mine, and one pasture. Delhi has almost no buildings. They seem to spend their time building military units and disbanding them. I'm playing on noble, I believe, and it's not much of a challenge.

Attached Files:

15. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Simple fact is, India is running Republic (250% costs) and Bureaucracy (25% costs) to Number of cities, and city distance maintenance.

They have 8 cities, 3 of which are costing India 28:gold: in maintenance costs.

That is why they are losing 25:gold: per turn, and can't afford workers/military.

Get Gandhi out of Republic, into Monarchy and Nobility.

OR

1) Why let Basil live?? Kill him outright.
    2) Grant independence to the 2 cities on the Island.
    3) Gift gold per turn to Gandhi, to get him out of deficit.

You'll end up +100 Gold per turn in credit.

I played on, till Sparta generated a Great person, Calcutta in India is still losing 12:gold: per turn, building units in most cities, only 1 is building a Wheelwright and a Jewelery.

Best thing you can do is
    1) Refuse vassalage when Gandhi breaks free again, to get this, break all trade deals with him.
    2) Take the bottom 3 cities of Gandhi.
    3) Make peace if you want, gain another great person, change civics to Monarchy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  16. SethG

SethG Chieftain

So Gandhi was a republic because I am? I didn't understand that vassals take all your civics. He kept breaking away and coming back the next turn. Better for him if he would just change his civics. Is the fact that I am an imperium is sucking up all his income?

The Byzantines were only alive because I clicked the wrong option on a dialog and the war force-ended. He declared war on me a little later, and I did kill him.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  17. ElderDarkDragon

ElderDarkDragon Chieftain

Could someone list the steps to get movement limits to work again properly?
    I've done the clearing cache and CTRL+SHIFT+T and it's still not working for the AI. It almost seems like it's hit or miss when I start a new game.
    Or, as an alternative, can I just disable it under one of the BUG menus? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

18. SethG

SethG Chieftain

If you're playing a custom map, 'movement limits' has its own checkbox.

19. ElderDarkDragon

ElderDarkDragon Chieftain

I don't mean the options when starting a new game, I'm aware of that. The problem is that it's set to on but it's not working for the AI, just me. So I either want to fix it so it works properly as intended or turn it off completely without starting a new game.
    I also tried turning terrain damage on hoping that might help some but again, it's working for me but not the AI.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  20. ragnarakos

ragnarakos Chieftain

my last game keeps crashing for this: ARTINFO: 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_DENMARK' WAS NOT FOUND
    is there a way to fix it manually?