1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 Fusion submarines

Fusion submarines can't be promote to Piracy. Its listed in the Civopedia as being available, but you can't gain that promotion.

Previously promoted Subs can retain the promotion, but newly produced units can't be promoted to it, with Navigation II and Coastal attack 1, then Piracy.

Save attached.

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Piracy promotion requires Despotism or Monarchy or Mercantile or Nationalist civic to be available. Most promotions don't have civic requirements. Your save isn't running any of those, so Piracy is unavailable. If you change your civics then the promotion is available.

4. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

5. Ivan Rančić

Ivan Rančić Chieftain

Hi all,im playing this mod a lot..tnx for all the work...today i played my game like usual and im stuck on this turn,theres no error but it keeps spinning endlessly...when i go to task manager i see civ 4 is not responding...a turn before that one everything is normal...im using launcher rev 1.23 mode rev 1068..game was also started with 1068...i tried clearing cache...reset to deafult then update...but nothing works...i uploaded the save...i wonder if you could take a look and help me..thanks

Attached Files:

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1068 - revolution index

There is an error in either the calculation or display of the revolution index.

I have one city, Uruk, whom I've bribed, and the revolution index fell markedly. I bribed twice with a double click from my mouse, its too sensitive, poor didem's. ;)

Any whoo, I checked the revolution index the next two turns, both turns the trend say's its decreasing, so I expect the revolution index to fall. In actual fact it rises over both turns.
    Spoiler :

Next turn

Granted it will trend upwards, towards 900, when your notified of impending revolutionary sentiment, but its not correctly displaying or calculating the revolution index.

I don't know who or why, and its probably beyond my looking into, as it involves DLL work I think?

No, its Python, still beyond me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  7. Ivan Rančić

Ivan Rančić Chieftain

Hello,thanks for your reply..revolution mod is turned off..also nuclear weapons are off...i also did recalculation...didnt help...i do have a save 30 mins before that one..is there anything i can do to complete this game...i mean i can begin a new one...but im afraid it will happen again eventually...i did finish a game before this one..deep in the future...but it wasnt this revision..

8. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Something is wrong with a couple of Spanish transports. North of Nicomedia you can see one transport. There is another stack of two transports one tile SE of them. If I remove them in WorldBuilder, then the game proceeds to the next turn. There is nothing unusual about those two transports. They are ordinary transports with Navigation I promotions. The attached save is the beginning of the next turn.

Attached Files:

9. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Can you post the save for this? I can look and see what's happening.

10. Ivan Rančić

Ivan Rančić Chieftain

Thats excellent he he..but how did you know those transports are to blame ?..maybe they are smuggling some illeggal goods..shame on you isabella (joking) yes i played a few turns now..its going smooth..i really wanna say thank you mate...p.s i see those transports are still there..maybe you deleted them..then pressed turn to pass then return them ?

11. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Spain had at least 7 transports. I only removed two of them.

The first thing I tried was completely erasing the Spanish continent in WorldBuilder. That allowed the turn to proceed. Then I went back and just tried eliminating the Spanish ships that were visible outside their cities. That also allowed the turn to proceed. (I thought Madrid might have been the problem, because it has so many Jet Fighters. In fact, I'd like to know exactly HOW Madrid manages to have 53 Jet Fighters, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.) So I got down to wiping out just the two transports and that was the minimum I had to do to get to the next turn.

My guess is that one of the two transports in that stack got caught in some kind of AI loop and that was why the turn couldn't proceed, but I don't know why it would happen to those particular units.

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

save game as per request. Really any game with revolutions active should show this.

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I just quick-checked your save game. I had Uruk's revIndex fall twice. It went from 455 in the current save to 446 and then 437. Your screenshots show up as broken, so I can't see what you were seeing.

14. Ivan Rančić

Ivan Rančić Chieftain

This is the first time it happened to me,so i didnt connect it that AI might be the problem,to be honest i dont know how Madrid has 53 fighters..i didnt interfere with spanish development...but sure its gonna be interesting end game fight beetween me and isabella..im gonna keep eye on those transports if that happens again...tnx :)

15. Jack Horan

Jack Horan Chieftain

Can anyone provide the link to download the mod? Seems to be about 500 dotted about and I just wanted to grab the most stable.

Thanks guys love the work!!!!

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Link for the mod is as follows
    The main download page

On Revolutions, the only thing I can think off, mine was an active game, and a error has crept into the calculations somehow, your's was a new load.

I'll check out this on next loading, and report my findings.

My conclusion is;

Delta trend, which is what I'm referring too, must not be reporting correctly.

I monitored two cities, City 1
    rev index rose by 11, trend rose by 23 (-29 to -6)
    rev index rose by 9, trend rose by 5 (20 to 25)

City 2
    rev index rose by 11, trend by 5 (24 to 29)
    rev index rose by 12, trend by 24 (-28 to -4)

So another factor, that I can't determine, is affecting the rev index.

Most likely, the difficulty level, empire size, and culture being run.

Though Vokoya got different results running my uploaded save, so?? some personal setting??

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  17. Ivan Rančić

Ivan Rančić Chieftain

Guys what is the best way to change civilization name,description,short description and adjective...i managed to do it before via saving from world builder then editing names with notepad and playing as scenario...but now that doesnt work..when i go ingame...it stays the same...and game wont proceed...any ideas ?

18. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Cntl-D, you can edit YOUR civs details.

Other Civs, you'd have to go through the XML or Python files.

19. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Cntl-D, you can edit YOUR civs details.

Other Civs, you'd have to go through the XML or Python files.

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

On the RevDCM tab of the BUG Menu is a setting for Revolution Difficulty. What is yours set at? I forgot I keep mine set at 0.0.