AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I'm stuck in what seems like an endless Dark Age resulting from a meteor strike. I'm playing on the slowest speed, and it has so far lasted for 55 turns.
55 turns on Eternity is not that much. IIRC it was designed to be a long event.
However it is buggy.
And is there any way to manually bring it to an early end?
No.

My crashes sometimes when switching from caste to slavery, I imagine due to an error in recalculating title value. I also got lots of crashes during Ai turns that kill the game. I'm playing with the mega pack

It happened to me too, although seldom. I guess it depends on the civs that are in game; @Zeta Nexus could it be something caused by MCP not being updated to the latest changes by Vokarya? I had a crash caused by a missing art of a danish maceman.
Edit: specifically, I got an error with ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_DENMARK. I had a look and it was commented out in Denmark_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml.

Last edited:
55 turns on Eternity is not that much. IIRC it was designed to be a long event.
However it is buggy.

It shouldn't be buggy, I think. Hard to manage, yes, buggy it shouldnt. It should be possible to deactivate this kind of events, before it triggers, by unchecking Strategic Events in BUG options.

It shouldn't be buggy, I think. Hard to manage, yes, buggy it shouldnt.
IIRC many players had complaints about it, like the event was active even if they have loaded a save game from the date BEFORE the event occurred. That's what I recall at least.

It happened to me too, although seldom. I guess it depends on the civs that are in game; @Zeta Nexus could it be something caused by MCP not being updated to the latest changes by Vokarya? I had a crash caused by a missing art of a danish maceman.
Edit: specifically, I got an error with ART_DEF_UNIT_MACEMAN_DENMARK. I had a look and it was commented out in Denmark_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml.
I dunno. :dunno: It wasn't me commenting out those lines.

I'm stuck in what seems like an endless Dark Age resulting from a meteor strike. I'm playing on the slowest speed, and it has so far lasted for 55 turns. How much longer is it supposed to last for? And is there any way to manually bring it to an early end?
In my case, the dark age lasted for almost a century in epic speed. It seems to vary by difficulty. I assume that the Dark Age lasts for certain amount of turns because it lasted for 2~3 centuries when I played on faster speed. I don't know how to end it manually. The Dark Age can start at any time, usually in medieval era but sometimes even in modern era. It seems to be triggered by chance. But it seems to depend on a predetermined seed because savescumming didn't help me avoid it.

In my case, the dark age lasted for almost a century in epic speed. It seems to vary by difficulty. I assume that the Dark Age lasts for certain amount of turns because it lasted for 2~3 centuries when I played on faster speed. I don't know how to end it manually. The Dark Age can start at any time, usually in medieval era but sometimes even in modern era. It seems to be triggered by chance. But it seems to depend on a predetermined seed because savescumming didn't help me avoid it.

Lenght is depending on gamespeed and is connected to number of turns, not years. It doesn't change with difficulty. It doesn't depend on Era, it's random. And it shouldn't trigger more than once in a game on most gamespeeds. Also, you can deactivate it from BUG options under Strategic Events, if you uncheck the option before the event triggers.

Ahh but remember there are MULTIPLE events that can cause this.
1) Meteor strike.
2) Volcano eruption.
These can both strike in the one game.

That's the sunlight darkening event.

If you mean a dark ages event as in science?? I've never struck it. Volcano and meteor events, nearly every game. Both as well.

Read the Charlemagne write up in my name linked below.. (Got to promote the product)

I've experienced two dark ages in one game. It was epic speed. One came during Medieval Era and one during Modern Era. Just wanted to report.

There are two events causing a Dark Age: a volcanic eruption and a meteor strike. In theory they shouldn't trigger more than once each. But they are trigged randomly so there's a slight chance they trigger more than once on slower speeds.
And there is no thing like a science /technological dark age in the game

I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but I think these events are overpowered for the player, as long as they know how to use caravans etc. for food. In the one game I actually finished where this happened I looked at the score graph afterwards, and I gained more relatively during the dark age than during my golden ages. My score was basically flat, and all the AI (who cannot use caravans) dropped about 15 - 20%.

Elite swordsmen event is firing in Middle Age although it's supposed to fail if you reach Middle Age without having met the conditions. Vokarya, do you prefer to fix it yourself or can I do it with my next commit? I've fixed the Regulated civic health problem and I have reduced costs of modern and transhuman era techs in order to allow AI to research all techs under most conditions (still testing though)

Elite swordsmen event is firing in Middle Age although it's supposed to fail if you reach Middle Age without having met the conditions. Vokarya, do you prefer to fix it yourself or can I do it with my next commit? I've fixed the Regulated civic health problem and I have reduced costs of modern and transhuman era techs in order to allow AI to research all techs under most conditions (still testing though)

The fail tech for the quest is Gunpowder. I'll fix the Python to allow Heavy Swordsmen to count and change the game text to properly tell you that you have until the Renaissance to finish the quest. I have to update several other quests as well, so I will fix it.

I by now have had two or three games where the game didn´t progress properly. I gave a command to a unit, it executed it, but the game didn´t go to the next unit. I could manually select another unit and command it normally, but he game then returned to the malfunctioning one. I could progress to the next turn with the red/green button, but when I did that production in my city stopped. I could not delete the malfunctiong unit but had to use the worldbuilder to kill it. In all cases it happened in the first 20 or 50 or so turns of a new game. I am afraid I don´t have a saved game, as it happened so early I simply deleted the game in question and did something else. I intend to start another game and save all turns so that I can post one if it happens again. unless somebody has a solution faster.

Hello.
I've run into the issue of the AI takes infinite amount of time to complete the turn.I've only experience this issue since the last 2 or so updates,never before something like this happened.I tend to play very large maps,so yes,sometimes it takes time for the AI to finish a turn,but when i left it for half an hour(interestingly,sometimes it takes 4-5 minutes even in the early game,then no issue for long time,next turn finish in 6-7 seconds,then suddenly,long time again),and it still stuck,i think it's not that.It happened in more then one game.

Attachments

• hm.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.7 MB · Views: 165
Hello.
I've run into the issue of the AI takes infinite amount of time to complete the turn.I've only experience this issue since the last 2 or so updates,never before something like this happened.I tend to play very large maps,so yes,sometimes it takes time for the AI to finish a turn,but when i left it for half an hour(interestingly,sometimes it takes 4-5 minutes even in the early game,then no issue for long time,next turn finish in 6-7 seconds,then suddenly,long time again),and it still stuck,i think it's not that.It happened in more then one game.

If you have set a unit per tile limit under BUG options, increase that limit or set it to 0 (unlimited). Most of the time long turns or infinite loops are caused by AI not knowing how to move their units when there are too many units on adiacente tiles.

If you have set a unit per tile limit under BUG options, increase that limit or set it to 0 (unlimited). Most of the time long turns or infinite loops are caused by AI not knowing how to move their units when there are too many units on adiacente tiles.

It was already set to 0(unlimited),but i tried different values(60,80,100) anyway,to no effort.Same thing happening.

On my last playthrough, I had some hangups too and I was playing with no tile limits. I think it might be something in Revolution for some reason..

Top Bottom