1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

A few bugs from my last playthrough:
    • I had the free XP per turn from Standing Army civic stop twice and restart once. I don't know what could cause it. I never changed civics out of Standing Army.
    • I had the free clean power from the Unlimited Power event turn off after many turns. It was quite unusual, and I don't know what could cause that either. There is nothing in the Python code that would turn it off.
    • I received the Alternative Energy quest, completed it, and took the +5 production from Factories reward. After the quest was completed, I built Three Gorges Dam. I got the quest fail message (controlling 3 Gorges is a fail condition for the quest) but I didn't lose the bonus. I shouldn't have even received the failure message.

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

There is certainly some bug hiding in the new revision.
    As I have explained in the Modder's Guide thread HERE something is wrong, probably with revolutions. The extra code that worked before for my personal modmod, now doesn't.
    Since the revolutions code didn't change in the past few revisions can there be something in the DLL that affect revolutions? :shifty:
    EDIT:
    rev1077: Fixed glitch in revolution code

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

The problem I mentioned has disappeared. But there is something new: the buttons to command units only "reset" after I move the cursor. Previously I could for example click Fortify six times for six units in a row without problems. Now after the first click it can only be clicked again after I moved the cursor a bit. It´s not an actual problem but as I never saw this before I wanted to mention it.

4. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

Hi.there's a bug affter rev.78 i think....or 77 iam not sure...the game takes forever to load turns starting as early as the classical era ,sometimes more than 6 min,and in very big maps the game crashes (bad memory allocation pops up) in older revs i had no problen.

5. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

Another weird effect I never had before and don´t have with other mods: occasionally the screen brightens to almost white, probably less than a second, and then becomes normal again.

6. Gunner1964

Gunner1964 Chieftain

Good day,

I'm using rev 1079 and the game keeps crashing on me. I have tried to fix the installation, but still the game crashes. It has happened 5 times in the last hour.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Post a save file and let us know your settings.
    We cannot help without those.

8. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

here are my save files from 2 games....i play with revolutions mod off ,noble diffuculty,costom map, and in the sec save with no barbarians

Attached Files:

9. Gunner1964

Gunner1964 Chieftain

Here is a save file. I play with revolutions, noble difficulty. I have been having this problem for the last couple of weeks. I have started new games and gone back to old saves. There does not seem to be any consistency to when it crashes.

Thanks for helping.

Attached Files:

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Were you having consistent crashes just before hitting Enter? I was able to play through the turn on both saves.

11. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

nop,affter hitting enter...primarily in the first save(8.8mb) i send you,if you play several turns the game crashes or takes forever to end the turn.i think it has something to do with the barbarians.but thats just a suspicion of mine.

12. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

i've manage to save the game just before the problem started this time....check it out.iam sure there's a problem somewere in the past 2 revision you did.

Attached Files:

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I had the save hang on me too when I hit Enter. I tried a Ctrl-Shift-T recalculate and I was able to get through the turn. Do you want to try that and see if it works? I did have gold/turn drop from +682 into the +200's, but then come back up to over +400 before the next turn began.

14. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

ok i will try it,but it will happen again,iam sure of it.... what's causing this? any ideas?

15. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

well....i tried ctrl-shift-T, all looked fine about 4..5 turns and then the same thing happend all over again.

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Do you play with a units per tile limit? That is a frequent cause of hangups (the AI pathfinding gets stuck in a loop) but I don't play with units per tile and I did get a turn that wouldn't end on your save. Units/tile is a BUG setting so it doesn't carry over. Your game is No Barbarians and No Revolutions so I think we can rule those out. The only other thing I can think of to try is using cheat mode to remove individual enemies and try and pinpoint which AI is causing the problem, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

17. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

i tried diffrent settings of units per tile,even games without this setting....still the same result......the problems in general started with revision 77,before that,all was fine!! and not only for me....several of my friends that play the mod have had similar exrerienses.whatever this is,is a game breaking bug,dont you think? and it has happend in every single game i have started since rev.77!

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

1077 and 1078 were not mine. 1079 was, but the only thing I changed that affects the AI is some iConscription values that shouldn't make a difference. Otherwise you would have seen a problem long before. (I did forget to change iConscription values for some UU Spearmen replacements. That should have given you Ancient Era problems, not problems in the mid-game). I also changed some hotkeys and the F6 screen, but those are for the human player only.

19. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

oh....no,no,dont misunderstand me man...iam not blaming anybody here! all of you involved in this project are doing a fantastic job.but the thing is.....something has happend in the past 3 revisions that you(as a team) probably overlooked? or twiked or changed to the point that its causing problems? i hope in future revisions things work out.....by the way! when is the next rev.coming up?

20. JohnDay

JohnDay Chieftain

Great mod. Thanky you for it. It is fun to play it.

After the last update, if I close the launcher windows tells me:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

My system ist windows7.

Another problem is, if I press Strg+R the game show the ressources. But after some rounds they dissapear. If I press again Strg+R nothing heappens and I can´t see the rescources anymore.

Is there a solution for this?

Maybee a screenshot helps? Look a the button show all rescources. It is pressed, but I can´t see them in the game. If I close ROM AND and restart it and load the save again I can see them sometimes for some rounds again. But after some rounds they are not shown anymore.

I did a complete new install of ROM AND but it dosen´t help.

By the way. Sorry about my english. It is not pretty good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018