1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Oh, a single turn is like that way normally. Play at least 2 turns.

2. valergrad

valergrad Chieftain

Have you tried it recently?

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Not with your changes. You don't say you could fix that too? :eek2:

4. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Something else on that one city challenge game I'm playing.
    I've noticed that units with combat 1 and tundra 1, seem to be able to use my PAVED ROADS as if they had commando promotion.

Both Mongolia and Japan, could do this, but the units had Combat 1 and Tundra 1 promotions. Which I thought was strange in its self.

Also the AI will avoid sentry cannon fire in besieging a city, so :hatsoff: on that

5. valergrad

valergrad Chieftain

Could you just check for your version ( hope it quite fresh)? For example if you have something like "7 moves left for building", play 1 move autoplay - in my game it will be still "7 moves left", not 6. I don't think that it's me who broke it , but just in case.

6. valergrad

valergrad Chieftain

Interesting, I believe I have seen the same in my previous game . Both of this issues.
    But I didn't have the code at that time ( it was probably half a year ago ) so i just thought it was my wrong impression. And now I don't have this saves. Could you attach the save where do you see it?

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I recall seeing this behaviour since always but it might be attributed to different production tags for humans and AI. You should make sure the production tag is the same for both. I'm actually not sure but I always wondered if the player is treated as an AI player during autoplay (I think so) or if it's still treated as a human player. If you want to be sure, when autoplaying that turn don't check the missing turns but actual number of hammers produced and missing before the building is complete. I can't check myself right now as I'm testing an experimental revision with some changes to flexible difficulty and flexible AI.

8. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Here's a Auto save, its the Holy Roman Macemen who's now got commando, and its over roads (2 movement). Aquebusier's don't seem to have it though??

2nd save, commando Dragon's from Hirohito

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  9. jblazer

jblazer Chieftain

Hi would somebody know why the filter icons don't work most of the time? I enabled this icon below for culture buildings only and none appear even though you can see I have several available. This also happens with other filter icons too where there's always some buildings not appearing. Does anyone know which file is responsible for the list of buildings that show up under each filter?

Attached Files:

10. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Prerequisite tech's

I have a problem, with researching writing. Every time I select a path, it MUST go through Priesthood.
    Even though, both Code of Laws and Trade, link directly to it, and it doesn't list Priesthood as a Prerequisite tech.
    Screenshot from 2020-06-11 13-59-23.png
    Either this is a hidden need, in which case, please to list tech.
    Or a coding error to be fixed.

Attached Files:

11. os79

os79 Deity

Several techs don't have lines back to few others but are required or one of OR required. CivPedia is useful but, yes, visual graphics should be as informative as possible... I'm thinking it might be Python or XML file. I don't know the code behind these Advisors boards.

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I have another tech tree anomaly, You can go to warfare, without going through Bronze working.
    The arrows lead through Bronze working.

Attached Files:

13. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I've had a think about the Commando seemly promoted AI. To me, it seems to only happen, in the inner ring of the city, the 1st ring. They move 1 tile per turn, till they reach the 2nd ring, then suddenly, they have commando ability or 2 movement, one to reach the city, and the 2nd to attack.

Others seem to move 1 tile to spread out. Now I've really noticed this with Castles/Star forts. But I'm sure it occurs with all walls and palisades.

attached is an auto save, next turn Justinian SHOULD demonstrate what I'm saying.

Attached Files:

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That's deliberate. You don't have to have Bronze Working. You have to have Code of Laws + Archery + either Bronze Working or Horseback Riding.

15. voleur

voleur Chieftain

Hello

I have a problem with updates.

I deleted all files and downloaded this link : https://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/latest/download?source=files

Then launched updates.

But at 100% I get this message "upd_process.exe has stopped working"

When I retried I get this message "There seems to be a problem with the previous update. Checking files again"

Same result.

So I deleted everything redownload several times, lauched several times updates, but always the same problem.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Try deleting the file "updating" in the main RAND folder.

17. voleur

voleur Chieftain

I dit it but the problem is still the same

I also tried after deleting "updating" and "upd_proc.exe" files but was not better.

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Strange, as an alternative you can try the offline patcher after downloading rev1087 full installer or svn version as described in the main download thread.

19. robbyextreme

robbyextreme Warlord

For me it continued to show that update was available after deleting "updating" file so I thought it wasn't working but when I checked the latest version on the top right it was the newest one. It's probably the same for you.

(1090 is not the newest here but I'm leaving it at that until I finish my game)

Attached Files:

20. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Warlord

So I have been playing my first game in a long while and have gotten to the point that it crashes every time I try and process this turn. Watching in task manager the game is only using 1.5GB of memory when it crashes so I am hopeful its not a memory issue.

See attached save game

Attached Files: