1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

To be honest, I know nothing about the installer or the launcher. I use TortoiseSVN and that downloads the mod files directly.

I'm thinking I may need to do something else about where we host an easily-installable version of the mod. I want to do an update but the FPK files are a bit of a stumbling block.

2. arievillo

arievillo Chieftain

I have the same problem when update the files. So..the solution is use TortoiseSVN for now?

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

You'll find a file called "updating" or "update" in mani RAND folder. Just detele it and the launcher should work again properly (until next update).

arievillo likes this.
  4. Dreifels

Dreifels King

AND 2 SVN revision 1091
    cant't save correctly, load of save gives CTD after turn 520
    attached the 0520, 522, logs
    0520 is the last save that does load, but can't finish that turn correctly. If I save nevertheless, the 0522 is corrupt, CTD when laoding.

Attached Files:

5. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

I have seen this same thing two times. When I checked whats going on with crashing save I noticed that save was corrupt and about 1/10 of size what it should be. Also noticed sevopedia didint work correctly on that turn when save was taken.

6. Dreifels

Dreifels King

maybe it was related to the start of "dark time" (?), which started just this turn. I restart a save two turns before with different activity and it works fine

7. Stefano Freiesleben Sias

Stefano Freiesleben Sias Chieftain

I noticed that the danish language edition of the mod has a "bug" in the trading screen. You cannot buy/sell cities because, apparently, a translator (I would think) have forgotten about the tags meant to ensure compatibility across languages. So all you see in the trading screen when you're trying to buy or sell a city is %xxx ... xx .. xxxx (or something quite similar). It is curable by switching to the english translation, but someone should consider fixing it before the next release (or something). I have begun participating and translating some of the untranslated bits from english to danish, don't know if I can locate and fix the "bug" myself, but in case not, then here ya have it.

- Stefano

8. Dreifels

Dreifels King

Bug with domestic adviser scrolling and sort
    scroll and sort in domestic advicer not working anymore, only 1x possible. If I scroll 1x and click a city, I cannot scroll and sort again, until I made a fulll exit and restart of game. (and this is again anad again) Makes game hard to play, a restart every turn is not playble in fact.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  9. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

What are your experiences with the 100civs dll? Did you guys encounter any recurring CTD? Did anyone finish any games with it?
    I have stumbled 2 CTD so far and have spent ages trying to find out the cause of it. I cannot blame anything else now but the 100civs dll.

10. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

what kind of CTD:s you have encounter Zeta? I use 100civ ddl, not much play testing yet but so far I can say that it looks like increasing amount of MAF´s. Also couple of times seen CTD on desktop without any error messages but I hav had those also before 100civ ddl was introduced.. Also have noticed that there is definetly something wrong in bug/advisors/sevopedia, have seen many times errors there but so far starting nwe game has fixed these.

Btw, I read in one player reporting that your chronicles modmod maybe solved his MAF problem. Any idea what in your modmod could do that..? I thought that it only adds more content and revamps civs etc.. Have you change anything what you could think effect MAF´s?

11. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

The Crash To Desktop type :lol:
    I had a Giant/Marathon game in the middle of the Middle Ages and I just cannot get past turn 701.
    I suspect there's something with the barbarians but nut sure.

Yesterday I started a new one, similar as before. Now I had a CTD before turn 100. Removed Mongkut from the game with WB and I could pass the turn. But still dunno what was wrong.

I haven't seen any MAF since ages.

Err... I dunno... :think:
    CoM uses the same dll as AND2 does. I mainly change xml and art.

12. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

This happens time to time.. clean instal rev 1091. I think it can be something related added routes section in sevopedia. This happens mostly in game, pedia works fine in main menu but not in game. Main menu sevopedia shows all routes but in game only cart path is showing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 5:19 PM
  13. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Oh that's a known bug for ages. IIRC there were attempts to fix it.

14. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Ok, didnt know that its reported. Well it looks like index part is easy to fix, I just removed routes in SevoPediaIndex and index works fine now. So same thing what blocks pedia routes section working in game also blocks index to list roads..

15. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Could you upload the files you changed?

16. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

sure, I removed these lines

routeList = self.top.getRouteList()

for item in routeList:
    list.append([item[0],"Route",item])
    for item in improvementList:

f (type == "Route"):
    screen.setTableText(self.tableName, iColumn, iRow, u"<font=3>" + item[0] + u"</font>", gc.getRouteInfo(item[1]).getButton(), WidgetTypes.WIDGET_PEDIA_JUMP_TO_ROUTE, item[1], 1, CvUtil.FONT_LEFT_JUSTIFY)

Edit: Btw Zeta, if you understand python then maybe its worth to look C2C routes page files.. I looked those and they look like pretty much similar.. maybe its easy to copy their routes section to AND?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:28 AM
  17. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

Never really looked routes and just now noticed that also mouse hover infos r wrong.
    I have seen lots of different sepedia bugs so maybe they all r because of invalid routes section.. I check later today C2C routes pedia pages, just other day donwloaded their latest version.

Edit: ok, C2C routes pedia works fine but they dont use mouse hover infos in pedia.. but definetly it could be possible to learn something there to fix AND routes pedia.. sadly my own python skills r practically zero.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:52 AM