AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;12366326 said:
Please yes, upload your savegame too. And if you can, do me a favour: try building some forts/bunkers/etc, those should give a Zone of Control which should be impassable by enemy units. Let me know if it works that way; I know it's not how it's supposed to work, but I'd like to know if forts/bunkers/etc are able to stop enemy units or if they roam freely anyway. Thank you.

I've uploaded a save game where the enemy units are passing 10 tiles to capture a city without a defender. Originally they're located at Khazak, at the very right edge of my main continent, and are going down to Quirigua.
The save game is from rev. 624, so you'll be asked to recalculate, but it's buggy in either version. You can see the jump from 444 to 1022 gold though then (not sure if that's a bug or just a bugfix).

Adding in Forts or Bunkers with the World Builder didn't stop the enemies from moving either. They simply passed by or captured them. (They did work against me later in that game though.)

Then I proceeded with some tests with different types of roads:

Maglev/Jumplane:
All but one unit (the Light Tank) moved just one tile, but the Tank did move more than that. So not sure if that was an actual movement restriction with a related bug, or the AI simply decided to move only one tile for the other units.

Highways:
All of the units correctly moved only one tile.

Electric Railroad/Railroad/Paved Roads:
10+ tiles.

Attachments

• !!sp00n.AI.Route.Bug!!.CivBeyondSwordSave.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
The Light Tank has always had more movement allowed than the Main tank or Heavy Tank. It's been that way all thru RoM and AND. That is not a bug but a design/movement bonus given by Zappara and Afforess to that unit.

The Railroad again has allowed enemy units to move 10 tiles. I know I've been told that is wrong for AND2.0, but that is the way it's always been for RoM and AND. And I stand on 7 years of playing both mods on this.

This whole idea that enemy units Must be restricted to 1 tile per turn while in enemy territory is erroneous in design and intent, imho.

But if that's the way 45* wants it and he concedes to it by pressure from users, all I can do is voice my dissent. Because I don't see it as a Bug. But as something that you just have to plan and defend for. But I'm the minority here.

JosEPh

The thing is, this doesn't always happen, so it's cleary a bug, either in the one or the other direction.
Plus, the player never has the ability to move normally on enemy roads unless he has the Commando promotion. Which in turn would be completely useless if the system you propose would be correct.
Or do you just want to give enemy units this possiblity? Certainly not.

I also strongly object the logic behind such a system. While not so much for plain roads, I absolutely see no way any enemy unit would benefit from a railroad track inside hostile territory.

Maybe this could be an option if it reduced the defense value of the units using the streets at the same time, for being all too visibile while marching on those. Although I'm not a fan of this either.

But if that's the way 45* wants it and he concedes to it by pressure from users, all I can do is voice my dissent. Because I don't see it as a Bug. But as something that you just have to plan and defend for. But I'm the minority here.

JosEPh
Joseph, with respect, you cannot say that "you dont see it as a bug" when it effectively is a bug. Its a technical fault which is unintended and still remains the biggest gaping flaw of the AND 2.0 series. I am aware that its very difficult to fix and thank 45* for his attempts to fix it. I hope as most of us do, that the solution will be stumbled upon at one point and remain grateful that someone has taken the initiative to spearhead the development of AND as I am very fond of this mod.

Are the sources for the DLL somewhere available for AND? Couldn't find it in the SVN.

They ARE in the SVN, there's a folder called "Sources" outside of AND folder.
And to make it clear: the problem of enemy units using your roads IS a bug, precisely for the reason that you can't do the same in enemy territory. The problem is that it doesn't always happen, so it's a nasty bug because I still don't know what's causing it. Thank you for uploading your save, by the way.

I am running revision 628 and started a new game about an hour ago. It turns out that there is a bug whereby there are zero expenses (city maintenace, unit cost etc). I have attached a save. You will see that hitting F2 yields zero expenses. Its been like this from game start.

If other people do not have this issue with my saved game then it must be localized somehow...

I've loaded your save and I see that there are expenses. City maintenance is 3, total expenses are 28. I had to recalculate and I'm using rev628 so it could be something on your side. Have you updated all your files to rev628? From your description looks to me that there's a problem with BUGFinancialAdvisor.py, which was updated some revision ago (I remember this problem happening in some of my early try, before I updated that python file).

45°38'N-13°47'E;12368881 said:
They ARE in the SVN, there's a folder called "Sources" outside of AND folder.
And to make it clear: the problem of enemy units using your roads IS a bug, precisely for the reason that you can't do the same in enemy territory. The problem is that it doesn't always happen, so it's a nasty bug because I still don't know what's causing it. Thank you for uploading your save, by the way.

Ok, had to use the repository browser and found it, thanks. C2C stuffs them directly into the mod folder.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12368909 said:
I've loaded your save and I see that there are expenses. City maintenance is 3, total expenses are 28. I had to recalculate and I'm using rev628 so it could be something on your side. Have you updated all your files to rev628? From your description looks to me that there's a problem with BUGFinancialAdvisor.py, which was updated some revision ago (I remember this problem happening in some of my early try, before I updated that python file).
Thanks for looking into this; it turns out that I did not merge all the XML files correctly when I did my update. I have completed the merging but have not had time to test it yet. I am sure that this solved the problem though, as there were references to "goldmaintenancemodifier" which were non existent in my localized xml files.

Save file

This happened often with 1.75c in Modern Era, the endless turn bug. After the research ends, the spinning globe wont stop....spinning.

You people talk about SVN builds and such, but i just downloaded the .exe some days ago. This didnt happen when I downloaded 2.0 for the first time then i got the .exe again to update the mod.

A text file says this:

Version 2.92
------------

Mods
----
- Updated: RevDCM 2.721
- Updated: RevDCM SVN (unreleased 2.8WIP)
- Updated: Better BtS AI 1.01b
- Updated: Unofficial patch 1.50+
- Updated: BULL 1.1 [Build 164]

45°38'N-13°47'E;12369408 said:
Ok, maybe I have another clue on what's causing that damned route bug. Hopefully I can try something in the next days. Stay tuned. :)

Looking forward to hearing what you've come up with. :goodjob:

Joseph, with respect, you cannot say that "you dont see it as a bug" when it effectively is a bug. Its a technical fault which is unintended and still remains the biggest gaping flaw of the AND 2.0 series. I am aware that its very difficult to fix and thank 45* for his attempts to fix it. I hope as most of us do, that the solution will be stumbled upon at one point and remain grateful that someone has taken the initiative to spearhead the development of AND as I am very fond of this mod.

I have to say I have Not seen it. If I had I would then agree. But I Just have not experienced this.

All of you that have seen this bug, do you play with REV On? I do not use REV.
How about Fixed Borders? I do not use it either.
Forts do you build them along your borders. I do not use forts either.

Just trying to weed out the possibilities.

JosEPh

Save file

This happened often with 1.75c in Modern Era, the endless turn bug. After the research ends, the spinning globe wont stop....spinning.

You people talk about SVN builds and such, but i just downloaded the .exe some days ago. This didnt happen when I downloaded 2.0 for the first time then i got the .exe again to update the mod.

A text file says this:

Version 2.92
------------

Mods
----
- Updated: RevDCM 2.721
- Updated: RevDCM SVN (unreleased 2.8WIP)
- Updated: Better BtS AI 1.01b
- Updated: Unofficial patch 1.50+
- Updated: BULL 1.1 [Build 164]

I've been able to play 1 turn and then it went into the loop. I've updated my buglist. But I'd like to know which revision you're using; just hover your mouse over your flag near the minimap while playing and it will tell you which revision you're using.

I have to say I have Not seen it. If I had I would then agree. But I Just have not experienced this.

All of you that have seen this bug, do you play with REV On? I do not use REV.
How about Fixed Borders? I do not use it either.
Forts do you build them along your borders. I do not use forts either.

Just trying to weed out the possibilities.

JosEPh

I play with all option on as by the defaults, so with Rev and Fixed Borders. Forts I build only very very rarely.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12375512 said:
I've been able to play 1 turn and then it went into the loop. I've updated my buglist. But I'd like to know which revision you're using; just hover your mouse over your flag near the minimap while playing and it will tell you which revision you're using.

Hi! It says: Beta 4 rev625. Some odd things I found too:

When checking the happiness of any city, there's a "Gambling Hall" with +1 unhapinnes, the point is, i didnt build that. Same with health, in this case Meeting Hall and Brothel.

I dont know if its a bug or not, but I'm not able to relocate any air unit with or without airports and bases.

Hi! It says: Beta 4 rev625. Some odd things I found too:

When checking the happiness of any city, there's a "Gambling Hall" with +1 unhapinnes, the point is, i didnt build that. Same with health, in this case Meeting Hall and Brothel.

I dont know if its a bug or not, but I'm not able to relocate any air unit with or without airports and bases.

I've loaded your game (using rev628) and I've seen 1 Meeting Hall, no Gambling Hall and no Brothel. Are you sure you aren't watching at the tooltips which let you know what happens if you build that building?
Before you discover supersonic flight, the rebase range of your planes is limited (although you can change this limit in BUG options).

Maybe you concurred a city with one in it. Does it become obsolete with a certain tech, and if you have on hide obsolete buildings, it won't show.

I don't build slave markets as a rule, gambling halls, brothels etc, but I find the AI will build these, so I just sell using Cntl-A

When I abandon cities, even buildings that are obsolete, and are hidden, are able to be sold, and example would be the Fire pit, which is obsoleted very early. Yet it is still sold for cash...Hmmm :gold: :p

Joseph:

I play with all of those options off, and I have disabled Fort Zone of Control via xml. Anyways, there are two savefiles that contain the bug right here in this thread. We know more or less what is causing it and I even created a savefile where you can watch how different map changes influence the behavior of the bug. Why don't you look at them yourself?

The bug will only show up in games where both you and the AI have similar tech levels and extended road infrastructure. If one of you is using road types that the other has no access to, the AI can't 'steal' the route data to use your roads. You see things like the bug going away when you gt railroad and replace all of your old paved roads, because the AI doesn't have access to this tech yet and doesn't have friendly railroads to steal data from. Once they get railroad and start updating their routes, the bug comes back, only to go away again when you get Electronics and start replacing your railroads with electric rails. And so on.

I'm getting a Python error from the most-recent version of Perfect Mongoose. See attached screenshot. This error appears whenever I start a new game. It doesn't look like it is interfering with any other map type.

Top Bottom