AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I'd be interested in knowing if you get it fixed. Thanks
I checked but nothing is broken :confused:

Do you have a Chronicles.FPK file in you Assets folder?
Is it only Islets that are missing? Is Bamboo displayed properly? Do you see the icons of the new civics?

OK gentlemen. Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans. I went through the update process from the Launcher and got the same behavior as yesterday along with a CTD. So I once again deleted the entire folder. I decided to try and just download the current version but I could not find it. I'm not a member of your Git or SVN. Sooooooo this time I reinstalled rev 1062 and then updated the virgin install FIRST to 1066 and it worked. Following that I installed the MCP and Chronicles modules and it appears to still be working. I'm going to start a game right now. So maybe the updater is not working correctly when you already have the Chronicles module installed? Sorry but that is all the info I have.

I think the oracle is not working for me. I have just done a fresh install, version 1062. I have just finished the oracle, I get the free tech chooser, chose currency. I then do f6 and I can still research currency. I do have a minor issue with the game reporting that it cannot edit the .ini files in \Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\UserSettings (actually it seems all my Civ4 folder is read only). I have just researched another tech that turn. Autosave attached, you should load it, be given the choice and no receive the tech.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1045_oracle_mo_free_tech.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 33
Everytime i load a save game file , my game crashes. It also crashes if i try to play Full of Resources map. -- Crashes the second i click load game, or click full of resources selection.

Saw this and thought I'd pass it on.....

Capture.JPG

Assimilation doesn't work.
Barbars got the Hatti city, and they produced special units. When I got this city, there is no special Hatti units.

Last edited:
Well, if Berbers were producing Hatti special units, then clearly the option does work (to a point). Does the city remain (Hatti) though when you take it from the Berbers or does it now become (Berber)?

Assimilation doesn't work.
Barbars got the Hatti city, and they produced special units. When I got this city, there is no special Hatti units.

Barbarians or Berbers with MCP? There's a bug in Assimilation somewhere that prevents it from working if the barbarians take a city and then another player takes it from the barbarians.

Barbarians or Berbers with MCP? There's a bug in Assimilation somewhere that prevents it from working if the barbarians take a city and then another player takes it from the barbarians.

Yep. Barbarians. Exactly.

SVN 1066 Despotism civic and Avoid angry citizens button in city screen.

You need to adjust the coding for this, as it doesn't properly calculate the effect of every new citizen.

You may be -1 from cap, but add that one citizen and it may cause +2:mad: as you've added 1 Population (+1:mad: ) and you also evened out the population level ( 2 x 50% =100% :mad: citizen +1 )

Currently it doesn't take this into account with growth, and I see cities for ever going over the happy limit, when they are 1 BELOW the cap before growth.

Also, once your over the limit, it just keeps on growing as much as it can, it doesn't start avoiding growth as you over the :mad: limit, it will keep on growing, unless you tell it to avoid growth.

This would be a HUGE problem for the AI's in Despotism, as they would exceed the happy cap, keep growing, then suffer revolutions, incessantly.

SVN 1066 Despotism civic and Avoid angry citizens button in city screen.
Can second this report. I experience this constantly, so I don't even bother using those buttons anymore.

Also, I want to bring up an issue I noticed today (using v1065, but should be applicable to v1066).

While at war with another nation:

if one or more of their cities has a Revolution event that spawns military units
AND
you have enough influence in the area for the units to spawn under your control​

Then... sometimes all of your civics will immediately change to your opponent's civics as if it was spawning a new AI leader. Unfortunately due to the random nature of this, I cannot readily replicate it and a save game probably won't do much good. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen, but something strange is happening under the hood. Good thing I'm in the habit of quick-saving at the end of every turn once I get to the Renaissance Era...

Edit: I finally got to the offending city. It was the last one my enemy had. It only had 1 pop, but it did not auto-raze when I put a unit on the tile. I pillaged once and it went to 0 pop (see screenshot). Will need to get rid of the city with Ctrl-A. Strange stuff, but hopefully that will get rid of the problem.

zero city.png

Last edited:
SVN 1066 Python error name error: global name 'pPlayer' is not defined.

This may explain why I sometimes have trouble with the mod dropping out on me. Playing on now.

Seems to have had further python errors, in relation to revolutions??

Attached PythonDbg.log and PythonErr.log

Attachments

• PythonDbg.log.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 95
  • PythonErr (copy).log.zip
    510 bytes · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hi guys.

Sorry to disturb you but I've experienced this major problem when trying to play this game for quite a while now:

I have Windows 10 installed on my MSI gaming laptio. When I start the game the computer calculates a bit and then CTDs and simply stops. I've tried deinstalling and then reinstalling the mod. I've recently updated the mod to the newest patches but still this problem persists. I love playing this mod as it's outstanding. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Any help would be appreciated.
Post a save game, if you have one. Also, might be a good idea to turn on logging features in the BUG Menu. I'm not sure if there is an issue with Win10 compatibility, but I've seen it discussed before.

Post a save game, if you have one. Also, might be a good idea to turn on logging features in the BUG Menu. I'm not sure if there is an issue with Win10 compatibility, but I've seen it discussed before.

Uhm I don't have a save game as I don't even get into the game itself. Where do I turn on the logging features? I couldn't find it in the menu. Thanks for your help anyways. :)

Top Bottom