AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hi, it's me again, still playing the same game. And now it crashes at EoT :-/

As before, the mod rev is 1082, no other mods are installed.

Attachments

• crash_20_04_19.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 173
So... I was reported that my modmod crashes after a time. Tried to investigate the savefile but found nothing I could use.
Than I was running a few AI autoplay games, all crashing at around turn 230~250.
Than decided to do the same with AND2. Started a game with the same settings and again the game crashed around turn 250.
error.jpg

Had this massage than CTD.
Attached the savefile 1 or 2 turns prior the crash.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0275.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
Getting issues as well, though the game just locks up at the end of the turn rather than outright CTD'ing. Music keeps playing, everything else freezes.
Not sure if there's a log or something I can post too.

Some modifications to the Civic Info XML were made though, but I'd already played one full game without issues using those changes - but that was on a Random Map, and this one I opted to try out a Custom Scenario ("Brave New World" I think it was?). It seemed like a big map, maybe that's what's causing it?

Attachments

• NewGame.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.1 MB · Views: 143
Long time lurker, but finally found something I can post.
There seems to be a bug with the Ethics in the Tech Tree.
I am using version 1082 and did a complete uninstall/install to be certain.
What I am experiencing is that Ethics requires Code of Laws and Code of Laws requires Ethics; thus causing a stopping point.

The simple fix is to edit Civ4TechInfos.xml (Assets\XML\Technologies\) of lines 2335 to 2337 (in the Dualism section).
Code:
<AndPreReqs>
    <PrereqTech>TECH_CODE_OF_LAWS</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>
I do not know/remember of the prior history of the requirements for Ethics/Dualism, but found just to:
- modify line 2335 to: <AndPreReqs/>
- delete lines 2336 and 2337

Getting issues as well, though the game just locks up at the end of the turn rather than outright CTD'ing. Music keeps playing, everything else freezes.

Some modifications to the Civic Info XML were made though, but I'd already played one full game without issues using those changes - but that was on a Random Map, and this one I opted to try out a Custom Scenario ("Brave New World" I think it was?). It seemed like a big map, maybe that's what's causing it?
From my experiences, seems mostly related to map and parameters being used. I have found the RoM_Tectonics to be mostly stable for gigantic maps. A crash/lockup does occur, but after long game play in which reloading from last save gets it working again. Other maps, seem to be less stable.

And looks like another issue with the Tech Tree.
Literature has Philosophy as optional, but seems to cause the problem of having Literature as not being able to be selected. When attempting to select Literature, the game freezes and crashes (this occurred with Ethics above as well). Apparently the AI gets stuck with trying to research Literature and will therefore not develop any other tech. When removing Philosophy as an optional requirement, this allowed Literature to become available, along with the AI no longer being stuck.
This is with the same file, but at lines 4090 to 4092.

And looks like another issue with the Tech Tree.
Literature has Philosophy as optional, but seems to cause the problem of having Literature as not being able to be selected. When attempting to select Literature, the game freezes and crashes (this occurred with Ethics above as well). Apparently the AI gets stuck with trying to research Literature and will therefore not develop any other tech. When removing Philosophy as an optional requirement, this allowed Literature to become available, along with the AI no longer being stuck.
This is with the same file, but at lines 4090 to 4092.
I've never seen such problems.
There might be something wrong with your copy. You could try re-installing the mod.

I went ahead and did another download (rand_full_installer_2019-01_rev1082.exe) and reinstall (deleting the previous install), but the file (Civ4TechInfos) is still the same.
However, the version on the SVN (didn't realize there was one) is different, which when downloaded and replaced with that file (along with the CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml, just in case), those problems are no longer present.

Loaded your savegame, no freeze or CTD here. I've been able to play at least 4 turns without issues. Of course I don't have your XML modifications, but I've tried both recalculating and without recalculating and no problems at all. Also I don't think it depends on the mapsize since my pc is VERY old (4GB, quad core, Win7). Try playing one turn reverting back to original XMLs then switch back to your modified ones.

I went ahead and did another download (rand_full_installer_2019-01_rev1082.exe) and reinstall (deleting the previous install), but the file (Civ4TechInfos) is still the same.
However, the version on the SVN (didn't realize there was one) is different, which when downloaded and replaced with that file (along with the CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml, just in case), those problems are no longer present.

It must be something in your installation because I just checked SVN and full installer versions and they are identical... I don't know what might cause your problem.

Game Mod Crash report.

I play ModMod chronicle of Mankind and this error happens. Whenever existed civilization fall into civil war game crashed because somehow Warlord XML not loaded when rebel Civ emerged. This error reporting. keep happening to me.

Warlord about-

then-

init-ing world builder screen
load_module CvWBPopups
load_module CvCameraControls
load_module CvAdvisorUtils
load_module InputUtil
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugUtil - extending BugEventManager.preGameStart instead CvAppInterface
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'playerRevolution'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'addTeam'
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugInit - init() called
23:53:08 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
PY:OnInit

It didn't happen when barbarian become full Civ, only happens civil-war triggered. And rebel Civ born.

I attach link of save and Log. The save file are test Civ Game. it will crash after few turns because one of AI civ broken into Civil War.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.7z
    2.2 KB · Views: 64
  • kardi AD-0088.CivBeyondSwordSave
    875.1 KB · Views: 166
Also This message appear. No interface at starts-although interface(The bug appear at restarting saved game). Error are BugInt - Cannot find XML file for mod init.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 152
ok, latest revision and an old bug. i destroyed the aztecs last city, but the civ isn't destroyed ( i don't have require complete kills set). i even made them a vassal. which brings me to bug 2. i built a wonder (can't remember the name) that gives a golden age if you vassal a civ, it didn't happen (possibly because it knows the civ is gone). last bug, every time i build a corporation rep, i get a load of pop-ups, but it seems to work ok when i click them away. sorry if these have already been reported.

Ah. I found a single Aztec worker wandering around. Damn, how do I un-vassal them?
EditEdit..... the worker disappeared, civ is gone.

Last edited:
I recently started playing AND (v1082) with the mega civ pack (v1.8.5) again, and encountered a strange bug where the base commerce of my cities turned hugely negative. I've reinstalled BTS, done a clean installation of AND and reinstalled the mega civ pack from scratch, recalculated all modifiers (ctrl+shift+r), but the problem still persists. I've added a screenshot of an example city showing the problem, and included my savegame.
In fact, if I now increase the research slider to 100%, my deficit actually goes down, because the negative commerce yield is funneled into negative research rather than negative gold yield. This is just to prove that something really is broken, and it's not just that I suck at keeping my city maintenance in check.
One hypothesis I have is that it's linked to golden ages, as it seems to get worse over time, and especially after a golden age ends. It was still playable until my last golden age ended, but with the current (more or less) -600 gold per city base negative yield, I can't even get above 0 GPT anymore, even with 100% taxes. But honestly, I'm just speculating here, and it could be anything.
One more thing: the base commerce is still affected by city workers, so if I remove all workers, the base yield is even more negative. When I set them to work city tiles, it becomes less negative by the amount you'd expect, so that system is still working. It's basically as if I have an extra invisible worker in every city that produces -600 commerce per turn.
Could someone please take a look at what's going on here?

Attachments

• Negative_Base_Commerce.jpg
    Negative_Base_Commerce.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Jorrit AD-1595.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Are you sure you're using the right recalc shortcut? Recalc is Ctrl-Shift-T, not R. When I recalculate with Ctrl-Shift-T, the commerce goes back into the positive territory and breaks just about even at 70% science.

I'm not sure what could cause that problem. Golden Ages could do it, or I wonder if Realistic Corporations is a potential culprit,

I've been experiencing the same issue as Kneet sometimes. All my cities will randomly stop producing as if in Anarchy. Doing a recalc results in a MAF, (unless done right after loading) which is also odd because I don't recall experiencing those at all, or very rarely in previous builds and I'm on a standard map with 15 or so civs and only around year 900AD.
Edit: It could have something to do with Realistic Corps as those have been incorporating/expanding fairly frequently but I wasn't having a problem with it at all until the last 15-20 turns. I had the issue on both of these saves.

Attachments

• Norolia AD-0930.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • Norolia AD-0939.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Are you sure you're using the right recalc shortcut? Recalc is Ctrl-Shift-T, not R. When I recalculate with Ctrl-Shift-T, the commerce goes back into the positive territory and breaks just about even at 70% science.

I'm not sure what could cause that problem. Golden Ages could do it, or I wonder if Realistic Corporations is a potential culprit,

Great, I can play again, thanks! The ctrl+shift+r was described in a previous post (by now years ago) by Afforess, I believe. It certainly recalculates *something*, but I have no idea what. In any case, the 't' version certainly helps. I still have negative base commerce in most of my cities, though (albeit less than before). Any idea why? Is this a bug or a feature?
For future games I'll avoid realistic corporations and - if I remember to do it - I'll post my experience here for future reference.

Great, I can play again, thanks! The ctrl+shift+r was described in a previous post (by now years ago) by Afforess, I believe. It certainly recalculates *something*, but I have no idea what. In any case, the 't' version certainly helps. I still have negative base commerce in most of my cities, though (albeit less than before). Any idea why? Is this a bug or a feature?
For future games I'll avoid realistic corporations and - if I remember to do it - I'll post my experience here for future reference.
Even after you do a Re-Calc (which resets all basic modifiers) it will take several turns for all your added bonuses and malus to return to normal levels.

If you are getting a MAF (as ElderDarkDragon say he is) then you are exceeding the 2.9GB memory limit that BtS can run into. It is usually caused by Too many AI and Too large a Map. Which in turn allows too many Cities and Too many units. All that computation for games with all these factors involved will give you a MAF (Memory Allocation Failure).

Solution: Reduce number of AI at game start. Play next smaller map.

Question: Is Rev still default play for RAND? Any Option that allows new civs to be formed such as REV and Barb Civ can also contribute to MAFs, or out right CTD's.

I know everyone wants to play the biggest map with the Most Civs. But it is Not a good idea as the Core CIV4 BtS engine will choke eventually. It is after all a 32 bit single core engine. And BtS did not have a 50 Civ dll originally. Also the Barb Civ will always occupy the 50th AI slot for the 50 Civ dll. If it is removed the game will crash.

Even after you do a Re-Calc (which resets all basic modifiers) it will take several turns for all your added bonuses and malus to return to normal levels.

If you are getting a MAF (as ElderDarkDragon say he is) then you are exceeding the 2.9GB memory limit that BtS can run into. It is usually caused by Too many AI and Too large a Map. Which in turn allows too many Cities and Too many units. All that computation for games with all these factors involved will give you a MAF (Memory Allocation Failure).

Solution: Reduce number of AI at game start. Play next smaller map.

Question: Is Rev still default play for RAND? Any Option that allows new civs to be formed such as REV and Barb Civ can also contribute to MAFs, or out right CTD's.

I know everyone wants to play the biggest map with the Most Civs. But it is Not a good idea as the Core CIV4 BtS engine will choke eventually. It is after all a 32 bit single core engine. And BtS did not have a 50 Civ dll originally. Also the Barb Civ will always occupy the 50th AI slot for the 50 Civ dll. If it is removed the game will crash.
thats not allways the case...i dont know about 50civs,but up to 25-30civs and a big map you could make it in to the late game...until resently that is,that random problems started with the mod.mafs have started as early as 900a.d witch is not normal....

Top Bottom