AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

thats not allways the case...i dont know about 50civs,but up to 25-30civs and a big map you could make it in to the late game...until resently that is,that random problems started with the mod.mafs have started as early as 900a.d witch is not normal....

Yes, I second this. I had absolutely no issue playing giant maps with 30+ civs and revolutions for years, until I made the mistake of updating a few months ago. Now the MAFs make the game unplayable a couple hundred turns in, even with reduced civs and map sizes.

Which was the last safe revision according your experience?
rev.1065,more than a year and a half ago...i think.or to be on the save side 1064,because i cant remember exactly if the mafs reappeard in 1065 or in the next version.

Last edited:
Endless movе
On version 1082 of this mod in different games (however, I play only on giant ones) the same scenario - towards the middle of the game an endless move begins, which does not end. I specifically waited for 5-10 minutes, the globe was spinning. The only solution is to manually close the game.
It is necessary to add that I played from 3 to 5 part. Without mods. Only here. Specially measured, there is enough CPU and RAM
I play in Russian, I write through a translator

Last edited:
rev.1065,more than a year and a half ago...i think.or to be on the save side 1064,because i cant remember exactly if the mafs reappeard in 1065 or in the next version.
Have to ask, are you using the 100Civ DLL?

Latest AND version. I experienced this bug for the first time ever. I don't know why, but hothing happened (no new tech, no any taxes related building built, no plague or anything, nothing, just an ordinary turn both for me and other civs) but my taxes income was suddenly cut nearly in half. Dropped from about 1500 gold to 700. Which fudged up greatly my economy (no surprise here).
I'm playing on my modified slower speed and without inflation. It happened when I was researching Music, 2090th turn.

I totally understand that large maps, lots of civs and cities can cause issues. I purposely don't play the larger maps with a lot of AI's for this very reason but playing a standard map with the default nine civs can't be too much, especially since as others have stated we weren't having this problem before. It's something that seems to have cropped up in the more recent builds. I was crashing every few turns but it seems to have stabilized now, which is odd.

In other words, one or more options must be causing an issue. What it might be I can only guess but it can't be too many civs/cities/units, etc.

Last edited:
I personally have been seeing crash to black screen and full computer reboot even while playing unmodded Civ4 on a Small map. I've also been seeing it playing Colonization, but I am pushing that game to its limits (Huge map, playing well past Independence, current game year 2671). I wonder if it's a particular computer setting that causes these crashes.

Another bug: King Richard's Crusade doesn't generate crusaders (besides the one generated at its completion).

I've tried to investigate the problem myself and here is what I've found:
1) In RoMEventManager.onBeginPlayerTurn in the line "if gc.getTeam(pPlayer.getTeam()).isHasTech(self.iTECH_FUNDAMENTALISM)" the expression is always false, even though I have the tech, so the logic below has no chance to be executed.
2) Removing the "If" doesn't help because in the later condition "if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(self.iBUILDING_CRUSADE) == True:" the left-hand side is -1, so it also never succeeds.
3) But that doesn't matter because the city coordinates are (-1, -1) and the game crashes at the attempt to create a unit there.

This is where I gave up :)

I'm attaching the save file where a crusader is supposed to be created on the next turn.

Attachments

• KRCrusadeMessedUp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
TECH_FUNDAMENTALISM still exists. The in-game display name has been changed but the tech is still there. That part of the code works. I use CyInterface().addMessage to walk through the steps of a Python routine to figure out what's going on if it doesn't work right. I can get a message to trigger after that test.

That being said, I'm getting a -1 from the test ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(self.iBUILDING_CRUSADE) as well. I don't know if we changed something in the DLL code, because that part of the Python code hasn't been touched in a long time, except for fixing a little bit of capitalization, and even that was about 5 years ago. Using AddMessages, I get a successful message just before the "if ppCity.getNumActiveBuilding(self.iBUILDING_CRUSADE) == True" test but not after it, so I think that is where the problem is.

I'm also getting a -1 from a ppCity.getNumBuildings() check, despite the city having a Palace and the Crusade. And if I add buildings in WorldBuilder, I still get -1. So the problem may be with getNumActiveBuilding, or it may be with how getCity works.

Just installed the latest version on a new gaming laptop I got recently with GTX1070 and 16gb RAM and a good i7 cpu, but the game crashes easily either when regenerating maps or loading saves. When I attempt to check files via AND launcher, it begins to update the mod. Nevertheless, when I run the mod again after updating, it tells me that "There seems to be a problem with the previous update. Checking file again" (Screenshot provided below). This will happen again and again without allowing me to run the mod.

A save that continuously crash upon loading is attached.

This is quite weird since it did not happen on my gaming desktop at home. It launched, updated, and loaded the mod just fine. I did install the mod almost a year and a half ago on that one, so I am unsure if installing the mod with the newest launcher on a new machine caused the crashes and endless update problems.

upload_2019-6-24_19-28-23.png

Attachments

• Greece BC-6000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    604.1 KB · Views: 37
I am still playing old versions v834 i v998 with huge map, everything turned on and in turn 1350 with huge number of units it works flawlessly.It takes 6 minutes per turn.
Seems to me new versions are problematic.
Does anyone keep archive of old installers?

I am still playing old versions v834 i v998 with huge map, everything turned on and in turn 1350 with huge number of units it works flawlessly.It takes 6 minutes per turn.
Seems to me new versions are problematic.
Does anyone keep archive of old installers?
If you use the SVN then you can extract any version you want.

Always clear the cache folder (delete all contents) found in win 10 AppData after you D/L any version. Always. This removes the stored data the game Thinks you will be using from that previous version. Which can cause conflicts and even CTDs.

Path to cache folder found here for Win 10 : C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache .

Top Bottom