Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Downloaded, followed install directions. Set up a game, loaded up the game, then waited for like fifteen minutes on a black screen. Alt-tabbed to see if it froze and found a little box saying something about failed to load fonts. Clicked okay, then clicked okay about a hundred more times, as the box kept reappearing. Then the game finally finished loading! But then, most of the UI was gone. Like icons, backgrounds, words, ect. Any ideas?

@TheVagabond, have you read the recent posts about the EUI mod compatability (or lack thereof)? In a nutshell it could be either that you don't have some of the DLC, or you're running Anno Domini with other mods. The specific mod that people think they've not got active is the EUI, but that is loaded in as DLC and affects Anno Domini. Please forgive me for not going into detail, but it's been mentioned quite a few times in this thread and on Steam. You will need to delete it (I think it's in a folder entitled "bc1" in the UI section of Brave New World).

I have all the DLC and my Civ5 is a fresh install, so unless this EUI mod is something bundled with BNW, I'm at a loss as to what it could be. I'm going to check for this EUI thing, in the event it is something bundled with BNW and I apologize for the misunderstanding if that is the case.

This mod can chance to get uptade and fixed troops on 2d map or you are focused on civ 6 only now?

Fixed troops on 2d map? I'm sorry, I'm not planning anything like that. To be honest, I'm now focused on the Civ 6 version, considering this one complete. I may at some point in the future come back to add civs that weren't available at the time of the most recent update.

I
Fixed troops on 2d map? I'm sorry, I'm not planning anything like that. To be honest, I'm now focused on the Civ 6 version, considering this one complete. I may at some point in the future come back to add civs that weren't available at the time of the most recent update.

I presume he's referring to the SV icons not working properly. They should just be individual 128-sized Unit Flags, inserted into a special table.

Hi. I really enjoy this mod, and have been following it for a few updates now. Love it, and have been playing it a lot while the Civ 6 Anno Domini gets developed more.

I am playing with no mods besides AD and all the civilization packs meant for it. EUI is deleted.

I rarely encounter a CTD. When I do, I assume its usually caused by an event and I just reload an autosave from a few turns ago.

I have come across a CTD though that is unavoidable for me, even after going back 10 turns and replaying from there with New Random Seed enabled. So it must not be event related.

I'd like to salvage this play through, if possible. I encounter the CTD around the fourth or fifth players turn. If anyone knows what the source of the CTD is it would be appreciated. Here is the LUA and Database logs, as well as every other log.

When sorting my logs via last modified, BuilderEventLog_Massagetae is the last file generated, and it only states that a polder has been built. Perhaps that is the cause of the CTD? Advanced irrigation?

I don't know. But I would like to know if there are any changes I can make to any mod files to avoid this CTD.

Thank you!

Attachments

• all logs.zip
    92.5 KB · Views: 304
  • Lua.txt
    54.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Database.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 106
all these map packs... but how do I play a premade map, do these exist? All the maps I downloaded for anno domini seem to not work for this version of anno domini

@Dusk Ignition: Thanks for mentioning the CTD; not sure what it is to be honest. Hopefully one of the other regulars in this thread will be able to spot it. Sorry.
@rrwww: I deleted the mappacks a few editions ago - they don't work with Anno Domini as far as I know and I did not create any special maps for the mod. Again, sorry, it wasn't a priority for me personally.

Hi! Thank you for creating this mode. It is just what I was looking for.
But I have some problems now. I've captured two cities. Puppeted one and the other turned into a colony. And those two cities are never building anything. Build slot stays empty continuously and the AI governor is not choosing anything to build. I also cannot choose anything either. One of the cities is "separatist".
Another thing. I was building a Hemiolia. Had one turn to finish the unit when I discovered the technology to build Galley. And my Hemiolia unit was suddenly gone and build progress reset to zero. It was never produced, even though it was only one turn away from being finished. Not like in the base CIV game where it transfers to producing the newer unit, but keeping the production progress. Also a lot of resources and Natural wonders are middle of nowhere and not accessible. Like in the ice or one tile islands in the ocean.
Thank you

Thanks for the comments. In terms of the separatist city, I'm not sure; I copied this part in from JFD's "Cities in Development" and "Rise to Power" mods. Curious in terms of the Hemiolia - I'll see if I can find out what's happening, but it does seem rather bizarre.

Is there a way to make the greek city state civilizations be able to only make 1 city when playing against them as the ai? I want to create a ~1000 bc themed game with a lot of of kingdoms and city states but would like to limit the greek ones to 1 city if possible.

You can do that. If you look at what makes Venice in the epic game become a single city state, then apply that to the Greek city states. I've placed the code below; it prevents settlers and annexing - also the free unit that's granted with optics is also the free unit that the civ gets when they opt for the policy that gives other civs a free settler. The NumTradeRoutesModifier is part of Venice's trait but isn't part of what you're trying to achieve.

Code:
 <Traits>
  <Row>
   <Type>TRAIT_SUPER_CITY_STATE</Type>
   <Description>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_SUPER_CITY_STATE</Description>
   <ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_SUPER_CITY_STATE_SHORT</ShortDescription>
   <NoAnnexing>true</NoAnnexing>
   <FreeUnit>UNITCLASS_MERCHANT</FreeUnit>
   <FreeUnitPrereqTech>TECH_OPTICS</FreeUnitPrereqTech>
   <NumTradeRoutesModifier>100</NumTradeRoutesModifier>
  </Row>
 <Traits>

<Trait_NoTrain>
  <Row>
   <TraitType>TRAIT_SUPER_CITY_STATE</TraitType>
   <UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_SETTLER</UnitClassType>
  </Row>
 </Trait_NoTrain>

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. In terms of the separatist city, I'm not sure; I copied this part in from JFD's "Cities in Development" and "Rise to Power" mods. Curious in terms of the Hemiolia - I'll see if I can find out what's happening, but it does seem rather bizarre.
Thank you for you reply. Still playing the same game and now I am in Golden age and receiving a one Great general every turn. Any idea on that? I don't see any wonders that I have built that do that. It is a 25 turns long Golden age...That will be a lot of Great generals.

also the free unit that's granted with optics is also the free unit that the civ gets when they opt for the policy that gives other civs a free settler.

Always wondered how this was set up; dunno why I'm surprised it's set up as so :p

Hello Rob and all AD fans :)
Right in the start let me repeat my honest opinion that AD is the best mod for Civ V.
And now let me cut right to the case.
I've been playing AD on scenario maps with true start locations that I edited couple of times, depending what civs I wanted to have on map.

I recently checked out this site after longer period, and found out that v26 is the last version to be played.
Sadly, there is some kind of issue with it not being able to be played on any scenario map.
I tried on the same scenario map various AD versions.. from v4, v8, v15 to v22 and v23, all works like a charm!
however v26 on a scenario map won't load and runtime error popups.

My question is quite simple.
Does anybody have stored v24 or v25 for me to try out?
I want to play some latest civs that were added and all the cool features that brought even more depth to the mod.
It might not be a very attractive reward but I will share the edited scenario afterwards (credits go to Hormigas' "Play Europe")

I can state that I never been able to play V27 without major bugs / CTD (with or without other MODs) The previous versions were great and stable.
I always thought AD is one of the best MOD. But now it's just a big disappointment for many of us

Last edited:
Top Bottom