Anonymous takes down internet security firm

No, that's why I have an anti-virus system.
If someone really wants to get onto your computer, your mass-market anti-virus system won't stop them.

No, that's why I have an anti-virus system. Businesses I don't trust, because their motivation is to make money for themselves, not to look after the country.

So the Watergate break ins were a part of looking after this country?

So the Watergate break ins were a part of looking after this country?

No, but they were in America, where politics and society are very different. Besides, after that happened regulation over world governments increased massively and no politician would be stupid enough to try a similar trick again now that the public are far more on their guard

No, but they were in America, where politics and society are very different. Besides, after that happened regulation over world governments increased massively and no politician would be stupid enough to try a similar trick again now that the public are far more on their guard

You'd say the public is more on guard today? We have the precedent of this happening, but I'd say there's a sizeable portion of this country who would react only after finding a D or R. The UK may be different, but aren't you guys well on the way to police state status anyways?

What about the release of the Lockerbie guy? Were they looking out for business or the country at that point? There's really no difference in business interest and government interest these days, as evidenced by the close work HBGary was doing with our government here.

The UK may be different, but aren't you guys well on the way to police state status anyways?

Er, no. NEXT!

What about the release of the Lockerbie guy? Were they looking out for business or the country at that point?

Neither; they were milking carrying out their obligations to get as much out of the Libyans as possible on the off-chance that they wouldn't realise that the Jocks pretty much had to release him anyway. Surprisingly, it worked.

There's really no difference in business interest and government interest these days, as evidenced by the close work HBGary was doing with our government here.
HB Gary Federal was a subsidiary of HB Gary and Federal wasn't getting any business done on government contracts. They proposed some audacious things but I haven't read anything that says that they actually closed any business.

Ultimately, Federal was desperate and tried a wikileaks type approach to gaining publicity. Aaron Barr picked on the wrong crew and Anon wiped out a company that wasn't getting additional funding anyhow. They simply put the nail in the coffin.

Now the question is whether the parent company has any credibility to survive this.

Didn't he already compromise one of their DDoS downloads? I think he gets everything he needs to know about the person who dl's it. Kind of a "do you feel lucky punk" type deal.

Edit: Yep, paths, usernames, ip, MAC, sysinfo everything
http://theworldexposed.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/infection/

It appears they hit each others radar when he took down wikileaks. Apparently, they have Westboro in common though. He's a military guy so I can understand why.

http://th3j35t3r.wordpress.com/

Wordpress came under attack last night. Anon deny that it's their OP, and other sources quote Chineese IP's to be behind the majority of the DDOS.

hah. sucks to be that person. i support anonymous for their latest internet offense.

hah. sucks to be that person. i support anonymous for their latest internet offense.

Yes, it sucks to be a freedom fighter against a group insistent on oppression for "teh lulz"

meh, I'm not bothered by them. it appears that they only demolished this person because the aforementioned person was trying to find out the identity of various anonymous people. id say that's a serious breach of security.

Top Bottom