Any word on new DLC?

It's 100 years since Kim Il Sung was born, and they're going crazy about that in North Korea. I think a North American DLC pack should have a Cold War theme and introduce North Korea and Vietnam too. Maybe throw in Cuba.

While you are at it - its been 1,000,000 years ago this day that in a galaxy far far away the Republic was created.

We need a Galactic civilization too! Capital's culture spreads across the entire globe as the UA!

I haven't ranted on DLC in a while (G&K slaked my thirst), but I'm still hoping for:

- Inuit (I want this civ so badly!)
- Pacific Northwest Natives (Salish?)
- Pueblo Indians
- Moors
- Zulu
- Majaphit (is that the correct spelling?)
- Brasil
- Portugal
- an East African Swahili trader civ
- a Cambodian/Khmer civ
-

While you are at it - its been 1,000,000 years ago this day that in a galaxy far far away the Republic was created.

We need a Galactic civilization too! Capital's culture spreads across the entire globe as the UA!

To be honest, i think a Gungan vs Trade Federation scenario should introduce both those civs first.

I haven't ranted on DLC in a while (G&K slaked my thirst), but I'm still hoping for:

- Pueblo Indians
- Moors
- Zulu
- Brasil
- Portugal
- a Cambodian/Khmer civ
-

If there are 4 civs almost EVERYONE agrees on it seems to be the Pueblo, the Majapahit, Portugal and the Zulu. I hear those come up so often and they would all be awesome.

I would love to see the Khmer back too. They are too historically significant to leave out surely? It's like leaving out France...

After that i'll agree with you about the Moors, but i'd like to see Kongo and a whole lot more American civs too. But not Canada.

To be honest, i think a Gungan vs Trade Federation scenario should introduce both those civs first.

If there are 4 civs almost EVERYONE agrees on it seems to be the Pueblo, the Majapahit, Portugal and the Zulu. I hear those come up so often and they would all be awesome.

I would love to see the Khmer back too. They are too historically significant to leave out surely? It's like leaving out France...

After that i'll agree with you about the Moors, but i'd like to see Kongo and a whole lot more American civs too. But not Canada.

Pueblo??? No thanks.

We need a nomadic civ if anything. Atilla could have been that, but they totally missed the boat and instead just made him a monster in the ancient era. Kinda lame but it is what it is.

Africa still needs more representation. But the Moors are not the answer. Go with Kongo. As far as the Americas, maybe Sioux but I am still iffy on it. If you put them in, it needs to be completely distinct for the Huns or Mongols while retaining a mounted unit focus.

- Pueblo Indians
- Moors
- Zulu
- Brasil
- Portugal
- a Cambodian/Khmer civ
-

Ooh yes! Swahili is probably one of the most important cultures to never have appeared (other than as City-states) in a Civ game!

Everyone has a list of civs they think deserves to be with the rest.

I like the Pueblo/Anasazi as a choice - not everyone thinks so though.

Likewise a lot of people think Zulu is a terrible choice. As DLCs they wouldn't be bad.

Likewise we also have the Polish bears that wait in the snow and pounce whenever they can asking for Poland.

My Personal wishlist:

1. Israel
2. Portugal
3. Tibet
4. Moors/Morocco
5. Another native American Civ whether it be south or North: Comanche/Anasazi/Chachapoya/Apache/Cherokee etc. I am not really interested in the Sioux personally - because they don't seem to offer anything unique to the civ series that a lot of other native nations could provide
6. Indonesia/Mahjapahit (sp?)
7. Kongo
8. Brazil
9. Zimbabwe
10. Khazaria

My top 10 wishlist atm subject to change
As some of you all have seen I already have a name for my listing of 10 :p. Civilization 5 :: Guns, Germs, and Steel - With additions by introducing disease on the same level as a multipurpose weapon that if managed poorly can lead to problems for your civ - managed well can be used vs other civs. The theme would be a more "Colonial" Theme and how Guns, Germs, and Steel managed to clash and shape the world between civilizations shaping the world to today. A colonization scenario - a modern chemical warfare scenario - and a resource race scenario.

Basic idea for an expansion pack ^ :p

Sorry, I had to do it :D

My wish list:
1. Sealand
2. Texas
3. Confederacy
4. Nazi Germany
5. Tibet

If I were coming to the Civ series for the first time, I would be blown away by the Civ offerings. But having played every iteration except Civ 3 and Civ Rev, I'm tired of the same recycled civs. I understand WHY they need to be in the game, and don't mind their inclusion (how could you have a Civ game without China or England?), but the tendency towards Western bias (e.g. we can have England and Celts in the same game, but not Khmer and Siam in the same game) makes it less interesting for me. Inclusion of new civs, even if they are a little far-fetched as to their impact (I'll throw Polynesia in here), is what gets me excited and has me reaching for my wallet.

So yeah, Hebrews, Inuit, Majapahit would all be good.

It's an alternate history game, and DLC Civ aren't that hard to program and balance. So feed me, Firaxis and take my money!

Since everyone's throwing out wishlists I feel inclined to include one myself.

In no particular order:
  • Swahili
  • Kongo
  • Mapuche*
  • Madagascar
  • Indonesia (Majapahit)
  • Sioux*
  • Comanche*
  • Inuit
  • Portugal/Brazil
  • Maybe, though maybe not really, an Australian Aboriginal Blanket-Civ

*These three would probably be very similar gameplay-wise.

I have a question. Did they always mention a patch before a DLC, or vice versa?

What no Atlantis?
No, and when it sank it took the Zulus down with it.

I'd love to see a modern scenario. Gulf perhaps, or Vietnam. Perhaps something a bit fictonal, such as escalation of the Cold War; so lots of nukes and some sort of advance espionage system.

My wishlist:
  1. Indonesia
  2. Tibet
  3. Khmer
  4. Portugal
  5. Morocco
  6. Afghanistan
  7. Kongo
  8. Sioux
  9. Poland
  10. Georgia

Brasil (its in time Firaxis, I want my country in it.)
Zulu (WHY they still didn't appear?)
Swahili, Zimbabwe and Mali (we need more Africa in it)

I hope "rice" resource will come back in the next DLC.. :cool:

My wishlist :
- Portuguese
- Javanese (It seems not everyone can spelling Majapahit correctly. So why not we call it Javanese?)
- Moroccan
- Tibetan
- Zulu or another South African Civ

Top Bottom