[NFP] April Update Video

That's it? These devs get so exited about the smallest of things....
As @shaglio said, they still have more to show but haven't revealed yet. Plus, this is no small update. Bigger TSL Earth map, three new Units, major buffs to some of the worse Civs in Civ 6, etc.

That's it? These devs get so exited about the smallest of things....

They stated in an earlier livestream that balance changes would cover 2/3 of ALL civs in the game.

We've just been given a teaser for what's to come.

Seriously? They got rid of the dumb protectorate war crap that is hardly used and now give you a bonus you can use a lot!

Sorry but I don't war monger as Georgia and like them as a diplo victory civ so the ability is basically useless once Barbarians stop being an issue.

The chemamull often competes with mines for placement so actually not a bad buff. Well spotted
Oh... Well, anyways, thanks.

Was looking forward to my favorite Civ Georgia getting a nice buff and... I’m disappointed. Is it more useful than the Protectorate War one they had? Yes. Is it unique and has flavor? No... it’s Gorgo’s but with Faith. It’s just... lazy.

They stated “the much debated Georgia” and then threw them a boring not-so-much unique ability as the solution. I’ve read better ideas on many threads here so I don’t know why they went with this one. Heck, the Dramatic Ages abilities were exciting- why not go with a version of them?!

I love playing Tamar but man I am disappointed.

Sorry but I don't war monger as Georgia and like them as a diplo victory civ so the ability is basically useless once Barbarians stop being an issue.
This is the bit I hate the most, when you get an anti-synergist design - as Georgia you wanted to make friends and play nice on the way to a Diplo victory so this bonus is pretty useless.

Mapuche feels really strong now. They should be able to get some crazy numbers from cities that they conquer, especially if they target cities near coasts and mountains with high appeal tiles. Seems to me the strategy would be to go on the offensive early on (AI always tend to pop a classical golden age on deity) then grow those cities into tourism factories full of chemamulls.

I thought they might get rid of the "-loyalty on kills thing", but they didn't. -40 per kill against enemies in a golden age seems like it might be workable. The cities will probably flip back pretty quickly, but at worse it'll be a pretty big inconvenience to them and at the same time you *do* now get a big combat bonus against free cities, too, so you might be able to capture it for yourself before then...

You get faith even on defensive kills too. This could turn Georgia into even more of a headache to invade if they grab GMC in their government plaza. I’m looking at it as sort of a more versatile, faith-driven version of Australia’s ability.

Mapuche feels really strong now. They should be able to get some crazy numbers from cities that they conquer, especially if they target cities near coasts and mountains with high appeal tiles. Seems to me the strategy would be to go on the offensive early on (AI always tend to pop a classical golden age on deity) then grow those cities into tourism factories full of chemamulls.
This works well with the fact that the Chemamulls will now give +1 Production. :lol:
I thought they might get rid of the "-loyalty on kills thing", but they didn't. -40 per kill against enemies in a golden age seems like it might be workable. The cities will probably flip back pretty quickly, but at worse it'll be a pretty big inconvenience to them and at the same time you *do* now get a big combat bonus against free cities, too, so you might be able to capture it for yourself before then...
I think the -40 Loyalty applies only to Civilizations in Heroic Ages if I'm reading it properly.

This is the bit I hate the most, when you get an anti-synergist design - as Georgia you wanted to make friends and play nice on the way to a Diplo victory so this bonus is pretty useless.

Like I said, it really does feel like they put almost no effort into it.

The cities will probably flip back pretty quickly, but at worse it'll be a pretty big inconvenience to them and at the same time you *do* now get a big combat bonus against free cities, too, so you might be able to capture it for yourself before then...
The problem is after the Cultist and Loyalty nerf, you need a negative Loyalty per turn for the cities to flip, so at best that ability can drop the city's loyalty level to 0, the city will receive some penalties for a few turn, but it won't flip.

Early pantheon. Blowing up stuff with your cheaper walls. Seems fine to me.
You get faith even on defensive kills too. This could turn Georgia into even more of a headache to invade if they grab GMC in their government plaza. I’m looking at it as sort of a more versatile, faith-driven version of Australia’s ability.
Make sure Valleta is in the game to really cheese Georgia.

You get faith even on defensive kills too.

That requires people to declare war on me and, again, if I'm going for a diplo victory I want to be a good terms with as many people as possible so the ability gets worse the more people you are friendly with. Sure, Georgia isn't a diplo only civ and if the ability works with religious units then it's better but I only do religious victories with Mali so I don't really care about that aspect. It's not a bad ability but Georgia isn't the best civ for it.

Reactions: PiR
Top Bottom