Are there any other women here?

Nobody's ever harrassed me. At least not that I'm aware of.

I just turned 16. :) And you don't mess with me! haha. Somebody on Yahoo Messenger tried and I think I slightly traumatized him.
Attagirl! That's the spirit!

I'm a DEMOCRAT is what I am. And I vote.

OK, here come the flames.

Nah, nobody cares about the politics in Constantinople anymore anyway.

The only serious (worth paying attention to) flaming you'll find is in OT. In the other forums it's just... stupid. Teenagers posturing at each other and being internet badasses about particular civ strategies. In OT you can get your morality compared to that of a frog, and other fun absurdities.

(That's also where it's most likely to be relevant that you're female. But I wouldn't recommend posting there one way or another anyway.)

I'm female. There have been alot of women in the community over the years, but the thing is, with gaming, it doesn't really matter. Girls usually get the shaft when it comes to being considered "serious gamers" as few play 'advanced' games. So there isn't much incentive for a female to say "yep I'm a lady" as it usually entails receiving a stereotype about her gaming abilities, not to mention being the brunt of many jokes and inappropriate comments.. As a result very few women bother to specify their gender as it really just adds an unneeded and often unwanted stigma to their online 'persona.'
Oh and I'm talking of the internet in general, not specifically CFC, as I'm sure harassment and inequality would not be tolerated here...

You just get sucked in. It's addicting and frustrating and those two things don't go together well.

Because it's full of people worse than me!

Nobody's worse than you, azza. :love:

I'm sure harassment and inequality would not be tolerated here...

There is a lot that isn't against the rules. Not outright harassment but just incessant pestering.

On the other hand, there was one poster that just would not leave me alone, and did break rules with his style of pestering. PDMA isn't allowed but I can just say that it was taken care of. :)

You have to be tough to survive in OT.

Like I have said before, I am a rarity on the internet: I admit I'm a balding, overweight, middle-aged man!
Got ya beat, I am rather bald, middle aged, and obese.

I recall a picture of him about 3 yrs ago with a double-headed battleaxe in one hand, and a long sharp knife in the other ....
Exactly! and his hair was a bit askew, too.

Top Bottom