Are we at CFC Intellectuals?

Are we at CFC Intellectuals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just called me a douchebag, yes? Everyone else thinks douchebags, that would include me right?

"Everyone else thinks douchebags"? :lol: Add another one to your list, Gogf!

2. Endowed with intellect; having the power of understanding; having capacity for the higher forms of knowledge or thought; characterized by intelligence or mental capacity; as, an intellectual person.
This is clearly capacity/merit based.

Oh my mistake I didn't realise you were ******ed?

I find it hypocritical in the extreme to claim disability due to your supposed dyslexia, cry foul when people dont understand you, and threaten to report anyone who so much as disagrees with you, AND THEN accuse people of being '******ed'.

You will never, ever get one spot of sympathy from me for any claimed disability you have for this reason.

Sorry? Sincerely since everyone replied to them, you seem to be the only one having problems do you think you might be a bit slow mentally then?

Again, more insults.

Sincerely as you seem to be the only one with a problem with comprehension, do you think you might have a learning disability?

And even more.

This is precisely why in my book you will never, ever, be considered an intellectual or anything close to it. In fact, I think I just downgraded you from average to below average based on your utter hypocrisy.

To quote yourself Sidhe:

If you want to make a point without resorting to insult do so.

Exactly. What do we call people who say such things but continue to fling insults?

You sir, (and I use the term extremely loosly) have utterly lost this debate. To quote Willy Wonka 'YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR'.

No I meant it sincerely, did he have a problem with English comprehension? He could of been German for all I know it was just a question.

This is clearly capacity/merit based.

So you're telling me I'm stupid right?

By your definition if I was Einstein at age 21 you would reason I was an idiot because I had a crappy degree? Or no great qualifications?

A few years later when I handed in my 3 landmark papers you would of felt silly.

And no I'm not comparing myself to Einstein, I'm merely pointing out why the definition does not mean merit.

By your logic if this web site had a spelling and grammar checker I'd suddenly become an intelectual? Makes sense.:confused:

Sidhe, in all seriousness, you're starting to act like me when I was more emotional and more stubborn. My only advice for you is if you want to be an intellectual, you have to show by actions that you are. As I said earlier in this thread: Actions speak louder than words.

"Everyone else thinks douchebags"? :lol: Add another one to your list, Gogf!

What list is this? The list of people who think that this thread is void of merit?

Sidhe, in all seriousness, you're starting to act like me when I was more emotional and more stubborn. My only advice for you is if you want to be an intellectual, you have to show by actions that you are. As I said earlier in this thread: Actions speak louder than words.

Er no actually according to the definition and evaluation from people who already know me I already am, I'm not being stubborn I am just right.

What list is this? The list of people who think that this thread is void of merit?

That's only because people can't accept the true definition by both American and English dictionaries, this is obviously an American thing you obviously don't know the meaning of the word intellectual.

Good MobBoss has gone he never made any sense anyway :)

No I meant it sincerely, did he have a problem with English comprehension? He could of been German for all I know it was just a question.

So by asking someone who has "America" as their location if they are ******ED, you meant "are you a native english speaker"?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

Erik said:

No, the list of things Sidhe says that don't make sense without decipherment.

Er no actually according to the definition and evaluation from people who already know me I already am, I'm not being stubborn I am just right.

Based on what? A single line definition? Why do you choose to ignore definitions from the same source that would disqualify you?

That's only because people can't accept the true definition by both American and English dictionaries, this is obviously an American thing you obviously don't know the meaning of the word intellectual.

Again, if you havent noticed, Sidhe, more than just Americans are disagreeing with you here. Also, if you havent noticed, you have managed to do what no other topic has to date - unify the likes of Sanabas and me. We usually cant even agree on what time it is, but in this we agree totally. There is no way in hell you are an intellectual.

Good MobBoss has gone he never made any sense anyway :)

Again, wrong on all counts.

Because MobBoss the word is defined into serveral different categories, if you fit them all then your probably archetypically that or in most cases you wont fit all the definitions, if you fit many of them you are that, if you fit the one that is basically talking about the person who is an intelectual then you are a person who is an intellectual, it's not my fault you don't understand how to use a dictionary

So if I don't qualify for all four I'm not intelligent?

Intelligent.

1. mentally able: having intelligence, especially to a highly developed degree

2. sensible or rational: showing or resulting from an ability to think and understand things clearly and logically
an intelligent solution

3. comput able to store and process data: having a built-in electronic processing and data storage ability
an intelligent terminal

4. comput self-regulating: programmed to be able to adjust to changes in the environment and make deductions from information being processed
an intelligent building

OK so basically you are all right because you don't agree with the dictionary definition? Got it now? Fine.

So you're telling me I'm stupid right?
Logical fallacy: Staw Man. Not being an intellectual isn't what makes you stupid.

By your definition if I was Einstein at age 21 you would reason I was an idiot because I had a crappy degree? Or no great qualifications?
Logical fallacy: straw man. Just because you're not an intellectual doesn't make you an idiot.

Logical fallacy: straw man Einstien's degrees while not top-notch would meet the "intelectual" requirements, unlike your BS in physics (IIRC it was about eqiuvalent to a masters).

A few years later when I handed in my 3 landmark papers you would of felt silly.
Logical fallacy: you're wrong!

Because MobBoss the word is defined into serveral different categories, if you fit them all then your probably archetypically that or in most cases you wont fit all the definitions, if you fit many of them you are that, if you fit the one that is basically talking about the person who is an intelectual then you are a person who is an intellectual, it's not my fault you don't understand how to use a dictionary

Think about that for a moment Sidhe. You whine and bemoan people who fling insults and yet you just did so again. Of course I know how to use a dictionary. If you were half of what you claim you are you wouldnt be so damn insulting.

So if I don't qualify for all four I'm not intelligent?

Well, we have been discussing what an intellectual is, not intelligence. However, after witnessing this train wreck of a thread I am having doubts about certain peoples intelligence as well.

someone said:
Please give us a clear, concise definition of 'logical fallacy'

Sidhe said:
Yes it's a statement that is usually totally wrong.

sanabas said:

It was concise what did you mean, laughing at it?

Because it was a laughable definition. If I asked someone to define the sky, and they defined it as "It's a blue thing" I'd laugh just as much, because it would make just as much sense.

Er no actually according to the definition
What definition? The definition that you have been trying to push down our thoughts fifteen times or so? Most of us dont go by your definition of whats an intellectual or not.

and evaluation from people who already know me I already am
By whom? People in real life or here? Note most of us are quite skeptical and would rather see your actions first than just words. If you're an intellectual that you say that you are, why don't you prove it to us by your actions here on this forum instead of arguing with the rest of us in this thread.

Just a heads up, pushing your definitions wont help :p.

I'm not being stubborn I am just right.
Do you see that most of the posters here are telling you that you're not an intellectual? Sounds to me that you are being stubborn.

It's not the "true definition" if you are the only one who believes it.

And yes, I can speak English very well, thank you. "And you haven't porven that I don't, only that I can't spell so wrong" is not English.

What definition? The definition that you have been trying to push down our thoughts fifteen times or so? Most of us dont go by your definition of whats an intellectual or not.

By whom? People in real life or here? Note most of us are quite skeptical and would rather see your actions first than just words. If you're an intellectual that you say that you are, why don't you prove it to us by your actions here on this forum instead of arguing with the rest of us in this thread.

Just a heads up, pushing your definitions wont help :p.

Do you see that most of the posters here are telling you that you're not an intellectual? Sounds to me that you are being stubborn.

I have now seen five dictionary definitions, 3 from US dictionaries, and 2 from English dictionaries, not one of them does not fit me, I don't care what people think about me, I know what I am, and my friends agree, I'd take their opinion above yours in a heart beat, they at least know me.

I'm so going to remember to change the definition of words whenever I am wrong, I see this has been given carte blanche, welcome to the new OT, you can now make up any old bullfeathers and it's right because you say it is, good luck with that :lol:

Let's redifine cogent with nonsense,ok I now say that the word means nonsense and provided OT agrees it now means nonsense.

I have now seen five dictionary definitions, 3 from US dictionaries, and 2 from English dictionaries, not one of them does not fit me, I don't care what people think about me, I know what I am, and my friends agree, I'd take there opinion above yours in a heart beat they at least know me.

Then why do you continue your desperate bid to convince us that you're an intellectual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom