Are we fat because of antibiotics?

Weight is a simple equation. Take the calories you consume. Subtract the calories you burn. If the number is positive, you are gaining weight. If the number is negative, you are losing weight. It's that simple.

The confusion is in the "how many are you burning" part of the equation. That number is affected by a lot of things. It's affected by genetics, what food you are eating, how much sleep you get, how much lean muscle mass you have, how much exercise you do, and a million other variables that make it really hard to pin down. Is it surprising to learn that your gut flora also affects this number? No, not at all, that makes perfect intuitive sense. But at the end of the day you can't just blame your gut flora if you're fat, there's a LOT more that goes into it and the solution is to exercise more, eat less calories, or both.

Weight is a simple equation. Take the calories you consume. Subtract the calories you burn. If the number is positive, you are gaining weight. If the number is negative, you are losing weight. It's that simple.
An alternative method is to travel to a place with weaker gravity.

Nutritionists HATE him!

Find out this one easy trick for losing weight that the dieting industry doesn't want you to know!

"I moved to the moon and became 1/6 my normal weight! This miracle trick really does work!"

Nutritionists HATE him!

Find out this one easy trick for losing weight that the dieting industry doesn't want you to know!

"I moved to the moon and became 1/6 my normal weight! This miracle trick really does work!"

Hurry! Act now!

Before you are too fat to fit in the rocket.

Eat menthol sweets, lose weight, feel good in the lower half of your head!

*Disclaimer, this likely doesnt work, and isnt healthy.

Eat menthol sweets, lose weight, feel good in the lower half of your head!

*Disclaimer, this likely doesnt work, and isnt healthy.

I had this really nasty cough one time, and found that these menthol cough drops kept it at bay as long as I had one in my mouth. It is actually possible to end up with a menthol burn on your tongue if you do that too long.

Yea it turns out they didnt work for me unless one was in my mouth. Still got itchy coughs all night :(

Maybe I need menthol aromatherapy, or just moar H2O. I have severe acid reflux which is probably what causes it, and gobble on gaviscon tablets for that already.

I previously tried normal size packs of Jakemans Menthol sweets and they were amazing, so now I have a mnassive jar for much cheaper than individual little packs.

It's not that simple: Between the consumption and the burning there is the digestion step. How much of the energy you consume ends up in your body and what your body decides to do with a potential surplus is an important part of the equation.

So munching on eucalyptus oil daily means I'm gonna die??? :(

Let's say it like that: I'd consider part of the initial setup to be real crap, our current results are not exciting, and it's more about pre- than about probiotics, but yes, it's real research :p.

No, it's okay that results aren't exciting. I've worked the field, tears are the lifeblood of science. Unexciting results are real science.

But, this is fascinating. What's their financial incentive? I know it ain't easy being vague. But, I'm really curious.

Had to check, it seems they also do B2B, so they supply the probiotics to bigger companies for their products. And I guess to sell that they need a proof that it's actually worth something, therefore the research.
Just checked another thing: Seems that the real big companies in this bussiness also do real research. At least there are some nature articles, where the scientists have as affiliation "FrieslandCampina", and they target consumers, don't they?

Top Bottom