Are you a Christian, Atheist or other religion?

Vote for the option that fits you best (agnostics vote atheist)

• Total voters
Homie said:
Edit2: Since agnostics adhere to no religion they should vote atheist. That is pretty much what they are anyway.

Being agnostic, I actually voted other religion. We are NOT atheist. Athiests are as faithful in their non-belief as the religiousare in their belief. Agnotics have no 'faith' either way. VERY different. I was surprised that you had such a short list. You didn't include FAR bigger religions than the Jewish faith. Very Western of you.

A'AbarachAmadan said:
Athiests are as faithful in their non-belief as the religiousare in their belief. Agnotics have no 'faith' either way.
Incorrect, (most) athiests do not have any implicit faith that there beliefs are correct, they just dismiss the religious claims as balderdash. I don't claim that god cannot exist, I say that when there's no substantial evidence that something might exist then it is wise to believe it does not exist.

Some athiests can prosthelyze just as much as thiests with their many vocal grievances of other people's religious expression (hopefully not nearly all of them :p )

I voted Christian, but that is partly out of habit: my belief structure revolves around Jesus-ism ;)

A'AbarachAmadan said:
Being agnostic, I actually voted other religion. We are NOT atheist. Athiests are as faithful in their non-belief as the religiousare in their belief. Agnotics have no 'faith' either way. VERY different.
As a weak atheist, I'm afraid I must take a certain umbrage at this statement. My lack of belief in God is no more religious or 'faithful' than your (presumable) lack of belief in the Easter Bunny.

Yay for Atheism!

MattBrown said:
I'm a Mormon, so I voted Christian
Wait a sec, I thought Mormons were not Christians cause they were not baptized in the name of the Trinity ("in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"), plus I read that is one of the reasons the Roman Catholic Church view Mormon baptisms as invalid when Mormons convert to Catholism :confused: (Offical possitions on Mormonism by traditional Christian denominations from Wikipedia). Mind you that I never ran across to a Mormon in RL so I dont know about them nor their practaces, apologies in advance if I offended you in anyway :blush:

There is alot more to christianity then catholicism. No ritual makes you a christian.

I would be honored if the catholic church did not consider me a christian.

Cleric said:
:lol: :D me too I was raised as roman catholic,but I'm an atheist.I still have to put on a show for my parents that I believe in all this stuff and go to church every now and then.(I have a feeling if I said that I dont believe my entire family tree would try to kick my arse :( but its not so bad I make fun of the priests with my other friends and sleep on the benches when I go to church :lol: )

My parents tried that but after I set fire to the tempal they gave up....(unfourtnatley it did'nt cacth) I'm banned from the tempal BTW.

silver 2039 said:
My parents tried that but after I set fire to the tempal they gave up....(unfourtnatley it did'nt cacth) I'm banned from the tempal BTW.

You you're kind of a militant atheist ;) :D

Perfection said:
Incorrect, (most) athiests do not have any implicit faith that there beliefs are correct, they just dismiss the religious claims as balderdash. I don't claim that god cannot exist, I say that when there's no substantial evidence that something might exist then it is wise to believe it does not exist.

Since an athiest such as yourself cannot and does not have proof that God does not exist, there is a significant amount of faith involved in not believing that any God exists. When you come up with some evidence that there is no God, then you can say that your beliefs have nothing resembling faith, but until then your lack of a religion is rather like one.

Winner said:
You you're kind of a militant atheist ;) :D

I don't like people trying to force a religon on me....no one assimilates me:scan:

@Cleric why don't you burn your church?

Pasi Nurminen said:
Since an athiest such as yourself cannot and does not have proof that God does not exist, there is a significant amount of faith involved in not believing that any God exists. When you come up with some evidence that there is no God, then you can say that your beliefs have nothing resembling faith, but until then your lack of a religion is rather like one.
There's no proof that Santa doesn't exist either.

The Last Conformist said:
There's no proof that Santa doesn't exist either.

So you don't believe in Santa? Okay, great. Way to not refute my point.

How do you reconcile this:

Pasi Nurminen said:
Pride as in thinking you're the best at something, or own the best thing (your car, the most money, etc), but being proud of the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for us is not a sin.

...with this:

Pasi Nurminen said:
I'm Christian, I'm on the winning team!

Sounds like the sinful kind of pride to me - according to your dogma, that is. Or is that not pride, because your alleged "team" is Jesus's?

I myself find the whole notion of sin - and especially original sin - to go against the very essence of all that is good in life. The newborn child is evil because it was begot in sin, i.e. two people expressing their love for one another in the tenderest way possible. This notion lies at the core of Christianity. It is why Christians baptise their children, to "cleanse" them. I can never accept such a religion.

Pasi Nurminen said:
So you don't believe in Santa? Okay, great. Way to not refute my point.

Oh God (oups....). Listen, I have two heads, 36 hands, yestarday I was orbiting around Neptune with a three headed snake. I am dating a mermaid and have Tintin as my best buddy.

Now do you need a kind of "faith" to consider this as plain bulls*****?

The Last Conformist said:
Your "point" doesn't need refutation, since it's been mauled already in this thread. I'm just mocking you.
Yoink! Nabbed for sig (with your permission, of course).

Top Bottom