Asia Buildings Pack 3

More details. This is quickly becoming another one of my "insanely difficult" projects. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• karnimatatemple3.jpg
    karnimatatemple3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 113
:D i was just :crazyeye: and as said better have more fantasitc buildings then a few going for too much detail.

well every larger city had their bell and drum tower, both structures stood not far apart from each other.

both were used to mark the time for the city they stood in, they had mostly waterclocks inside. and since china was much about ritual and timing they were quite important.
if i remmeber correctly it was the drum tower that was sounded in the evening to close the city gates and the bell in the morning to open them again.

since they always come in a pair, you could maybe place them on one graphic
making the drum tower a bit broader then the bell tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulou_and_Zhonglou

I would like to second this request, as I just realized that I have the perfect use for such an improvement. ;)

Karni Mata Temple ("Rat Temple") completed. :D And I am also out of cheese... :eek:

I had to cut down on the details since there's already so many thousand polygons on this thing that Bryce was slowing down and it was becoming quite difficult to work through all the hundreds of meshes. Haven't made something this complex since Prambanan; Prambanan still trumps everything in terms of sheer madness. :p

Pack 3e will be uploaded tomorrow (Korea time). :)

Attachments

• karnimatatemple4.jpg
    karnimatatemple4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 57
I don't know much about the spirituality behind the temple, but I think it is because the locals believe that the rats are reincarnations of people who worshipped the goddess that the temple is devoted to. Blue Monkey can elaborate on this. :)

I guess all the animals have to have a temple huh? :lol: I wonder why the Hindi built a temple to honor the rat? Do they share the Chinese zodiac?
Ogedei is right that the rats are reincarnated worshippers of Durga. Durga is a fierce warrior form of Parvati - Ganesha's mother.

Every god & goddess has a different animal as a "vahana" (steed). The animal can be used symbolically for the deity, as a lamb might be used in Christian iconography. Ganesha rides a mouse or rat.
thumbnail

So it makes sense that Durga's reincarnated worshipers (children) would be rats. The animal also usually symbolizes some human attribute that the particular deity has charge of or has conquered.The rat represents greed, lacking Ganesha's generosity.

That temple is seriously overrun with rats. Since no one will harm them within the temple precincts & rats like to spread out, the whole city has a serious rat problem. The monkey temple has a similar problem - to the point that nocturnally aggressive simians have sometimes been mistaken for a sort of Indian Bigfoot. Luckily, as far as I know, there is no cockroach temple.:lol:

But they sting.....
So does a 2"-long cockroach at o-dark-thirty when you're 3 miles into a 5 mile run in the middle of the company formation and it suddenly wakes up & wants out of your right sock more than anything in the world. Moral of the story: if it wasn't for that second pitcher of beer (solo) the night before I might have noticed the little guy before I got my sock all the way on.

And bees make honey.:p

Pack 3e has been uploaded. My schedule in the coming week is going to be a bit hectic so it may be some time before I can get on to Asia Buildings Pack 4.

That's ok. With all the work you've done you deserve a break. Besides with no new buildings I can probably concentrate on just wrapping my mod up, instead of thinking how to use all the new stuff. ;)

Top Bottom