Ask A New Zealander

What's your relationship with Australians like? do you consider yourselves close? or do you have any rivalries with them? What are your feelings about both countries' flags being so similar to each other?

Hoping you or someone else will answer this one.
I'd like to add another n the same line perhaps: have new zealanders ever been invited or pushed to join with Australia, kind of like Canada got made from several british colonies joned over time?

Hoping you or someone else will answer this one.
I'd like to add another n the same line perhaps: have new zealanders ever been invited or pushed to join with Australia, kind of like Canada got made from several british colonies joned over time?

A long long time ago but I don't think the union went through due to differences of opinion regarding treatment of Maori/Aboriginals.

Last edited:
What's your relationship with Australians like? do you consider yourselves close? or do you have any rivalries with them? What are your feelings about both countries' flags being so similar to each other?
Missed this more for others.

Relationship with Australia is very close. Think it's visa free travel between the two countries. They're our only formal ally iirc.

Flag wise it's ah whatever they looked at changing the flag a few years ago but all the options were worse.

Which scientist would be known for their work by almost all NZers?
How many Maori dialects are there in NZ?

Which scientist would be known for their work by almost all NZers?
How many Maori dialects are there in NZ?

Earnest Rutherford.

Not sure in how many dialects there are but NZ Maori seems fairly universal. Individual tribes might have slight variances perhaps but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom