Status
Not open for further replies.

RFormica

Imperator Silvae
Ever wonder if the streets of New York really run with gold, and cooked geese fall from the sky? (SPOILER ALERT: THEY DON'T! New York is actually pretty gross.)

Ever wonder if Sonic is actually as good as it looks? (SPOILER ALERT: IT ISN'T! It's a gas station with gas-station quality food.)

Ever wonder what rednecks' lives are actually like? (OK, you can ask me that one... :p)

Ask an American!***

***No political questions, I don't want to start an argument.

By "cooked geese" are you referring to the Canada Geese that were slaughtered in Washington D.C. "to manage the wetlands"?

If not, could you explain what that refers to?

Hmm. Ask an American, eh?

How many guns do you possess?

And exactly how fat are you?

I think those two questions should just about cover it for now.

Ever shot someone ?
Ever been shot ?

Ever shot someone ?
Ever been shot ?

Well, a misconception in the late 1800s was that cooked geese with forks in them would fall out of the sky in NYC, that was how luxurious it was]

Ever shot someone ?
Ever been shot ?
No

How many guns do you possess?
And exactly how fat are you?
Well, that depends on what time of day it is :p

I could probably put on some good pounds after dinner

By "cooked geese" are you referring to the Canada Geese that were slaughtered in Washington D.C. "to manage the wetlands"?

It refers to a ridiculous tale that New York, with all the 24/7 activity, pumps out so much heat that birds flying over get cooked in flight.

Moderator Action: "Ask A ___" threads must first be approved by the Off Topic moderation team. "Ask A ___" threads are also typically about something most members of CFC would be intimately unfamiliar with or have misconceptions over (such as being schizoaffective, growing up in Russia, being a committed communist, etc). Since a majority of members are US-based, it may be difficult to suggest that the community may have misconceptions or deep-seated questions about how the US functions. However, this does not mean you cannot try. Please get in touch with the team with your arguments if you'd like to pursue this. Closed until further notice.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom