Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

Agreed. I can't even understand why anyone would think of this as an improvement. Is it supposed to be more realistic or something? Why would anyone think making the characters look blurry is better?

Overall the patch and new civs are great but this motion blurr is the first time anything has made me seriously consider not playing anymore.

I had switched from High animation to Medium to reduce this nauseating effect.

Overall the patch and new civs are great but this motion blurr is the first time anything has made me seriously consider not playing anymore.

You can turn off leader animations in Options, Graphics, Advanced Options.
It's at the bottom of that screen.

Norway and Indonesia very hard to tell apart. I'm editing my DLC\Indonesia_Khmer\Data\Indonesia_Khmer_GameplayData.xml as follows:

change colour definitions for Indonesia on lines 262 and 266 to white and bright red respectively. (RGBA vals 255,255,255,255 and 255,32,24,255)
change colour definitions for Khmer on lines 270 and 274 to pale yellow and pale green respectively. (RGBA vals 255,255,128,255 and 128,192,64,255)

also flipped primary and secondary definitions, as a few lines further down in the xml there's a bit of a hack to avoid a bug which flips civ colours about.

Now I just have to check the civs vs. Brazil and Japan : )

Last edited:
Judgi
New palace architecture for southeast asia (used Kinetikam mod for more zoom)

The architecture style looks (at least partly) Thais for me. Therefore it looks like they are trying to spread out the region this time.

Indonesian and Cambodian civilization with
Vietnamese natural wonder that use Thais architecture style.

Norway and Indonesia very hard to tell apart. I'm editing my DLC\Indonesia_Khmer\Data\Indonesia_Khmer_GameplayData.xml as follows:

change colour definitions for Indonesia on lines 262 and 266 to white and bright red respectively. (RGBA vals 255,255,255,255 and 255,32,24,255)
change colour definitions for Khmer on lines 270 and 274 to pale yellow and pale green respectively. (RGBA vals 255,255,128,255 and 128,192,64,255)

also flipped primary and secondary definitions, as a few lines further down in the xml there's a bit of a hack to avoid a bug which flips civ colours about.

Now I just have to check the civs vs. Brazil and Japan : )
How are Norway and Indonesia hard to tell apart? One is blue background and red text/symbols, the other is red background and blue text/symbols. Is it a color blindness thing?

The best choice in this situation should be Nusantara or in Javanese, Nuswantoro. However how many people outside CivFanatics will recognize it is still a mystery.

Thanks!
I understand what the point of contention was. :)

I just find it hilarious that someone noticed that the word is used 500 years
before it is recorded, however it's actually said in a language that didn't
exist in that region until about 4500(?) years after the start of the game, by
someone who didn't live in that region for another 5300 years.

Anyway, I don't see anyone commenting about it, so I assume its fixed in this patch regardless of whether it was completely bugged or just a UI fault?

I've seen some allege that it is still an issue.

...what scenario?

The scenario is part of the DLC, not the free patch.

In the livestream didn't they say that the scenario was being given as part of the patch, not the DLC? Or was it just the maps from that scenario? It lead to another conversation where some were asking if other scenarios/maps were to be added to the base game for free.

How are Norway and Indonesia hard to tell apart? One is blue background and red text/symbols, the other is red background and blue text/symbols. Is it a color blindness thing?
Nah, it's the declarations in the XML. I looked at the colour values for Indonesia before I found the bit a few lines further down where the primary and secondary values are flipped. So they are both (Indonesia and Norway) declared as blue and red, but then one of them is flipped around. This gives the combinations as you pointed out (quoted above). So I was pre-empting bumping into the two civs in-game a bit : )
I'm not colour blind but I do find that red on blue and vice versa seems to dance around a bit. It's not easy to focus on. *shrug*

The blur is eliminated with setting Leader Animations to "low" -- the animations still appear just fine.

Actually, setting some of the graphics settings lower has made the game look better, and the movement of the units is quite fluid now. I also had this happen with Civ V. Not sure why lower is better, but oh well....

In the livestream didn't they say that the scenario was being given as part of the patch, not the DLC? Or was it just the maps from that scenario? It lead to another conversation where some were asking if other scenarios/maps were to be added to the base game for free.

Not sure about the maps, but in-game, the Paths to Nirvana scenario explicitly states that it "Depends on" the Khmer and Indonesia DLC. Which makes sense, since Khmer and Indonesia are featured in that scenario (the other playable civs in that scenario are China, Chola, Chaznavid, Pala and Tufan).

The blur is eliminated with setting Leader Animations to "low" -- the animations still appear just fine.

Actually, setting some of the graphics settings lower has made the game look better, and the movement of the units is quite fluid now. I also had this happen with Civ V. Not sure why lower is better, but oh well....

It might depend on the speed of your graphics card and how much memory is on it.

Nah, it's the declarations in the XML. I looked at the colour values for Indonesia before I found the bit a few lines further down where the primary and secondary values are flipped. So they are both (Indonesia and Norway) declared as blue and red, but then one of them is flipped around. This gives the combinations as you pointed out (quoted above). So I was pre-empting bumping into the two civs in-game a bit : )
I'm not colour blind but I do find that red on blue and vice versa seems to dance around a bit. It's not easy to focus on. *shrug*
Ah, I understand. Yeah, Indonesia did use Norway's colors in the preview, or something very similar. They flipped both civs' colors between the first looks and the livestream.

I know but I've always enjoyed the animations. It gives them character and they often make me laugh:).

Fair enough. :)

I'm interested in what triggers some people to abandon the game. For you it's
not having leader animations.
I'm almost the exact opposite: I'd get sick of Sean Bean repeating the same
dull lines every game, and by leader animations interrupting the flow of my game.

Fair enough. :)

I'm interested in what triggers some people to abandon the game. For you it's
not having leader animations.
I'm almost the exact opposite: I'd get sick of Sean Bean repeating the same
dull lines every game, and by leader animations interrupting the flow of my game.

Well, I was half kidding about quitting. I love Civ and I think Civ6 is the best version yet. The motion blur is annoying and does kind of make me dizzy but as much as I like the animations if it really becomes unbearable I probably would turn them off before I abandon the game (and be sad every time a static leader pops up).

I also can't disagree about the tech quotes. I loved them the first few times but now I usually close them as soon as they pop up.

Not sure about the maps, but in-game, the Paths to Nirvana scenario explicitly states that it "Depends on" the Khmer and Indonesia DLC. Which makes sense, since Khmer and Indonesia are featured in that scenario (the other playable civs in that scenario are China, Chola, Chaznavid, Pala and Tufan).

They did say the Asia map was being included in the base game, I think.

Top Bottom