I understand they want to make it different from the original, but I would like to see more of the world outside of Republic City. It's interesting and all, but if they don't go somewhere else or introduce some external element at least by the second season my opinion of the show will go down severely. Otherwise I love it! :D

So, last episode Lin Beifong was Spider-(Wo)man. Now she's Bat(wo)man.

I'm not going to change my avatar to her, but some awesome CFCer totally should.

So, last episode Lin Beifong was Spider-(Wo)man. Now she's Bat(wo)man.

I'm not going to change my avatar to her, but some awesome CFCer totally should.

Haha, she was pretty awesome. Other than that, "MY CABBAGE CORP!" and Tenzin airbending, I thought the episode was on the whole rather meh though. Hopefully it just means next week's will be fantastic!

If I didn't have Commander Bryant, I would deeply consider it. Would be nice if she and Tenzin actually started winning their bouts though :p

Thought as to whether Amon is Fire lord Ozai? (or someone connected to him?) I mean, who else has seen or experienced the loss of Bending?

Thought as to whether Amon is Fire lord Ozai? (or someone connected to him?) I mean, who else has seen or experienced the loss of Bending?

I'm pretty sure Ozai is dead at this point. Plus Aang didn't really keep his ability to take bending away a secret.

My theory is that Amon could be a second Avatar, created when Azula nearly broke the resurrection cycle back when she almost killed Aang in the Avatar state. Thoughts?

I'm still in the "Amon is faking energybending" camp so I don't think he is.

Apparently it'll be released next week because it's Memorial Day weekend in the US.

Interesting theory. I don't see any solid evidence for it, but it does make a certain amount of sense.

On a different note, is anyone still hoping that the developers will buck the cliche and Korra will end up with Bolin in the end?

Yeah, I felt really bad for Bolin for a few episodes. His brother and Korra were pretty insensitive.

I'm hoping that more characters will eventually be introduced for Bolin to develop a romance.

I hope they avert the cliche by not pairing up Korra with any team member at all.

We have to see the flashback which is hinted of with Aang and a certain someone to know more about this Amon. I hope its entirely a new character who is in cahoots with Tarrlok . Not displaying the primary antogonist's face is something the creators pulled in the airbender as well , hiding the firelord's face till season 3 where it was revealed.

Tarrlok is a bender though ... is it really plausible for him to work with Amon? At least if Amon is actually serious about his agenda?

Tarrlok is certainly built up to be an antagonist but I have a feeling he'll fill that role more in a "give me absolute power so I can defeat Amon while terrorizing non-benders instead" kind of way.

(... too much speculation, I need a new episode).

Tarrlok is a bender though ... is it really plausible for him to work with Amon? At least if Amon is actually serious about his agenda?

Tarrlok is certainly built up to be an antagonist but I have a feeling he'll fill that role more in a "give me absolute power so I can defeat Amon while terrorizing non-benders instead" kind of way.

(... too much speculation, I need a new episode).

That of course is assuming Amon is an idealist . Which he is not , as is evident when he let Korra go.

For all we know he is a bender himself . This could be a platform to seize power . If he eliminates benders , he could be more powerful as one of the few benders remaining

Or he could be playing both sides with Tarrlok as stooge in the Palpatine way .

The show hints he has some hidden agenda . Nothing as straight forward as benders versus non benders . He could be just channeling the anti-bender hate .

We will get a better idea of what he is once the flash back of Aang which Tenzin and Torrlak refer to in their argument and which is shown for around 1 second in Korra's memories gets revealed.

Edit: "Out of past" seems the name of the flashback episode as shown here http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?id=20437701&more=ucshowairings

...I also heard a rumor that there are now going to be a lot more episodes in the series than originally planned.

I also read that it was planned as 26 episodes with an option for more. So we might be getting more than two seasons.

So far I think the show is fantastic. I marathoned through ATLA over the past few weeks and then caught myself up on Korra. Great work, I think it meets the quality of ATLA in many ways and even exceeds it in some. The conflict is a bit more though-provoking as well. It's pretty obvious that Amon has an ulterior motive, but the anti-benders as a whole may have some "legitimate grievances," as someone on another forum put it. Still, we've only ever seen bending criminals directly abuse non-benders, but I can imagine the non-benders feel powerless to stand up to benders in general. The introduction of steampunk technology to even the playing field was a good choice on the writers' part.

I wish I had cable, so I could watch the new episode this weekend... bah. Gotta wait until the week after :/

I agree, I really like the conflicts being set up so far. I would really like the series to take a less black-and-white approach. I almost support the anti-bending sentiment so far and I hope that the series continues to raise the question about which side is the "good guys".

Top Bottom