Best fruit

Which fruits do you like best?

• Total voters
After I've juiced a lemon, if I'm not grating the zest, I always eat the flesh.
Possibly an acquired taste but I like it now.
I put orange and lemon peel in my smoothies ....good for ya

1681922739451.png

Coconut isn't bad either.
And olives, if you identify them as fruit since they come from a tree.

TIL that in 1893 the Supreme Court ruled that tomatoes are vegetables, based on common usage rather than botany.

Vegetable is not a botanical/biological term, the way fruit is (or can be).

I couldn't choose between pears, strawberries, and peaches. Apples would get an honorable mention because I eat them quite frequently and they're very solid.

as solo snackin: raspberry and strawberry
in a jam: raspberry and blackberry
in a pie or pastry: blueberry or apple
in drinks or garnish: lime

Everything is good in its own context though.

Also huge L for omitting plantains

Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry are my favorites. But I don't like that they go bad so quickly and they are really only in season in the summer. I can buy them in the winter at the grocery store but they have to be grown so far away that they lose a lot of their flavor and texture in the shipping process. So I tend to eat more oranges and bananas overall.

Agreed. Why are cherries, cranberries, plums, and saskatoons not on the list? And why can we choose only 3?

(okay, I forgive the lack of saskatoons, since I usually find that only Canadians have ever heard of them, much less eaten them; they're similar to blueberries)
In Minnesota, saskatoons are called juneberries. They are indeed delicious. (They are one of the many less-familiar fruits that grow wild on my mother's land.)

Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry are my favorites. But I don't like that they go bad so quickly and they are really only in season in the summer. I can buy them in the winter at the grocery store but they have to be grown so far away that they lose a lot of their flavor and texture in the shipping process. So I tend to eat more oranges and bananas overall.

I know.

When I was a child, I used to ramble in local fields and eat blackberries
fresh, straight from the hedgerow, and go home with a purple face.

I still do occasionally as an old man, if they grow wild by local pavements
(sidewalks), my kids think I am mad eating food not bought in a supermarket.

I know.

When I was a child, I used to ramble in local fields and eat blackberries
fresh, straight from the hedgerow, and go home with a purple face.

I still do occasionally as an old man, if they grow wild by local pavements
(sidewalks), my kids think I am mad eating food not bought in a supermarket.

You've sent me down the memory lane...

Blueberries are one of fruit I never buy for myself in the supermarket. All the supermarkets only have Canadian blueberries, usually imported. I don't like them much, they're much drier than European species. So out of season, when I can't get them from local production, I'm out of luck.

Tomatoes are fruit.

Strawberries are NOT fruit. However, they are an interval part of my banana-blueberry-strawberry smoothies. My problem with the poll is I could have checked at least 15 boxes.

You have room for two types of kiwi, but not pineapple?

And you don't separate the grapes out?

And where's grapefruit?

Man, we need an educational course on fruit poll creation, right now :p

I despise pineapple, it's the anti-fruit!

I had to make a cut somewhere.

Nectarines are clearly better than peaches and apricots, since they don't fuzz up your mouth. But nectarines aren't on the list, either.

I picked the berries.

Apricots are definitely superior, you heathen!

I was considering putting nectarines in, but somehow I never found them as good as peaches.
And I actually prefer flat peaches, since they're easier to eat.

Wisecrack here: strawberries are nuts not fruit ;)
TBH most fruits are great when harvested ripe and fresh. Even better when you have grown them yourself.

The fruit of honest work is the best.

Just kidding. The best fruit is possibly this one:

Obviously because it looks like a planet exploding.

Top Bottom