Best fruit

Which fruits do you like best?

• Total voters
pears, bananas and (some) melons.

a lot of fruit is too sweet, a lot of fruit doesn't have a great texture. proper pears and watermelons are sweet, but not so sweet it's overpowering, and they're nice to chew.

bananas are neat because they're great if you're peckish or need something quick when you're out drinking to fill the stomach and not get hammered (if i need something quick, a banana and a plate of very dark low sugar chocolate can sustain you until you do the post beer kebab run.)

i didn't vote apples. apples are great if they're the backyard kind (small, lightly sour, and good chew); most of the supermarket apples are floury and too sweet, with all the good nuance of backyard apples removed. when i was a kid my preferred apples were colloquially called forest apples (skovæbler) which is nonsense, but danes may know the taste i'm referring to. taste fresh, like actual fruit, sour, chewy, not sweet at all. it's a mild sugarless cider like taste, i think is the closest, for people not familiar with the taste.

Hm. Crabapples aren't on the list either. We had several kinds of fruit growing in the back yard when I lived in the house. There were 2 plum trees, 1 crabapple tree, 1 saskatoon bush, and 1 cherry thing that I'm not sure if it was a bush or just a really short tree.

Pears all the way !

Hm. Crabapples aren't on the list either. We had several kinds of fruit growing in the back yard when I lived in the house. There were 2 plum trees, 1 crabapple tree, 1 saskatoon bush, and 1 cherry thing that I'm not sure if it was a bush or just a really short tree.
You have had a fruity childhood dear Valka :) I too have eaten fruits right off the trees then we had to run, because the guy who owned them was angrily chasing us ;)

Top Bottom