Best fruit

Which fruits do you like best?

• Total voters
If you are moving to the country there is only one fruit you will be needing...

Three is not nearly enough choices!

It's between pears and raspberries.

I guess I'll go with pears.

Nectarines are clearly better than peaches and apricots, since they don't fuzz up your mouth. But nectarines aren't on the list, either.

I picked the berries.

Last edited:
mangoes are great, when i was studying in taiwan i had fresh mango, pinapple, and red dragonfruit every day. there was this lil stand that sold various fruits cubed in takeaway boxes, you could pick out the ones you wanted and pay the equivalent of like $1.50 USD (IIRC) for a full breakfast worth of fruit. never had juicier mangoes than those. always a long line there and for good reason
i also love red dragonfruit but thats moreso me loving the color they are rather than the flavor. as for best fruit for cooking, coconut by far. coconut cake is my all time fave cake flavor i have it every birthday

You have room for two types of kiwi, but not pineapple?

And you don't separate the grapes out?

And where's grapefruit?

Man, we need an educational course on fruit poll creation, right now :p

Agreed. Why are cherries, cranberries, plums, and saskatoons not on the list? And why can we choose only 3?

(okay, I forgive the lack of saskatoons, since I usually find that only Canadians have ever heard of them, much less eaten them; they're similar to blueberries)

Watermelon is good for... water. Also the taste is ok.
Though I doubt I have eaten any watermellon in 3 years.

Apples and bananas, on the other hand, I eat every week.

Watermelon juice is great. I have several containers bottles/cartons of it at the moment. I don't usually eat it because there's no room in the fridge to put an actual watermelon and you need a jackhammer to get into the single-serving plastic fruit containers you can get at the deli; I've actually cut myself trying to get into those.

I declare war on anyone not agreeing that strawberries are the superior fruit!

Blueberries have always been my favorite. Also voted for Pears and Tomatoes. Perfectly ripe Pears just have an incredible flavor, and they make an excellent martini.

There's really not a fruit I don't like unless eggplant is considered a fruit

The best fruit is most obviously lemons. I must admit that my initial excitement has - by seeing them not represented in the poll - considerably soured.

After I've juiced a lemon, if I'm not grating the zest, I always eat the flesh.
Possibly an acquired taste but I like it now.

Top Bottom