Between a nuke and hard place

OCC: I think this is known already, but I think the Christosian Papacy was the hardest hit by the war. A nation that size would have a population of over 400 million people. Unless most of it was land no one else wanted.

Our pre war population was 359 million people.

The Tomorrow Foundation lands their colonies on Europa and Anann and initiates their colonization protocols.
Meanwhile, on the home planet, the naval fleet continues to scour the surface for survivors and plans for increased undersea expansion continue.

The Foundation's secret Parachlorella sp. binos reserves are being seeded in their surrounding waters to accelerate the radiation scrubbing.
When the terrestrial top-soil in the North Pole is revealed, Foundation engineers will begin to treat the topsoil with the algae.

The Foundation would like to make an offer of asylum and shelter to anyone who is willing to work to restore Esantdee.

(OOC: How many refugees and defectors have I picked up at this point and what is the national makeup of them?)

1 from Trexericia: a secret agent who claims his name is Rufus.

Daedwartia Claims Tatual. We are sending a swarm of meteors that direction. We are also building processing plants there, for the purpose of mining outer system objects, plus to heat Tatual up. We are also being a project to introduce life to Ioane, which will be a difficult task, but if successful pay off greatly considering it's mineral wealth.
We intend for our nation to eventually relocate to Tatual and the space around it.

OCC:
My predicitions.
Well, we certainly &*%^ upped. we destroyed Esandtee-based Civilization in 3 weeks, and now civilization is space-based. Paradoxical, long term survival has likely increased as a result. Because Esandtee is no longer the center of our specie's civilization (there is none... we are for all due purposes split into several now, with Tatual to eventually be Daedwartia's and Catamitus will likely become The ITD's.

Some having multiple, like Dumanios, with Tzeen, Anastra, and Leokhampa currently being his civilization.

Others are likely to be completely space-based. Southern Kingdom for example.

N, not a clue

Trexericia is a interesting case. No space colonies, and no colonies on other celestial bodies. They will have to choose between staying there or moving into someone's else's colonies until they have finish one.

The Technocracy. They are clearly it seems going to stick in in both places. Deepsea cities are less-likely to feel the pain. They are also at the bottom of the sea, so mining for needed materials is easier due to higher density of the material. Hydroponics are definitely now going to be EVERYONE"S main food production method... which means Daedwartia is going to be making a considerable amount of money off of food. we already rely on hydroponics exclusively for food.

Christos, no clue

Noirland, i believe they will be space based.

Congrats everyone. we have gone from world-war simulation to Space Opera
OOC: I believe that the political situation developing will be interesting to say the least. With three nations preparing their planetary holdings to survive radiation, some shooting their citizens into space, and others completely collapsed, what else could it be? Long term, I think that Esandtee will remain a sort of "sacred homeland" that most people will agree not to harm further with war on its surface. Indeed, once the survival of the nation is secure, it is quite possible that a slew of resources will be devoted to scrubbing the atmosphere of Esandtee. But as time goes on, I expect that people will not want to continue "wasting" resources on a wasteland planet just for nostalgia. It will be interesting.

OCC: I hope this isn't too futuristic, but considering I have sent exactly 0 ships into space and practically everyone else has done something to do with space, I hope that will balance it out. :)
OOC: This is fine! I like it in fact. It makes the situation more interesting.

The attack is canceled. All citizens that can work ( 7 million from 11 million) will work 16 hours the day to build the spaceship. They are expected to finish in 10 months. Also the Soldiers will kill anyone who refuses to work. The entire economy of the Christosian Papacy will be used to create the spaceship. Once the spaceship is finished, all 11 million population will enter inside the spaceship. This will take one month. Then the defenses and a shield will be completed, the army will enter in the ship and the ship will begin its journey in the 12th month of the year.

The Pope Gregorian claims Ionae.
The Imperial Tambien Duchy offers defectors from Christosia a ride to Space Station Tambien, and eventually Catamitus. Just get to one of our Launch centers, the one closest to you is the Chi Lake Province Launch Center.

The Republic of England claims Phoroneus, and is evacuating all survivors to there.

OCC: I think this is known already, but I think the Christosian Papacy was the hardest hit by the war. A nation that size would have a population of over 400 million people. Unless most of it was land no one else wanted.
OOC: Yeah. It had a larger proportion of nukes pointed at it than most neutrals, due to most powers believeing that they were the next biggest threat to the ITD or Thanyou.

The Tomorrow Foundation lands their colonies on Europa and Anann and initiates their colonization protocols.
Meanwhile, on the home planet, the naval fleet continues to scour the surface for survivors and plans for increased undersea expansion continue.

The Foundation's secret Parachlorella sp. binos reserves are being seeded in their surrounding waters to accelerate the radiation scrubbing.
When the terrestrial top-soil in the North Pole is revealed, Foundation engineers will begin to treat the topsoil with the algae.

The Foundation would like to make an offer of asylum and shelter to anyone who is willing to work to restore Esantdee.

(OOC: How many refugees and defectors have I picked up at this point and what is the national makeup of them?)
What is this Europa? A new moon not in our records?

OOC: At this point, its nearing the end of the week. So, assuming that aircraft and boats have been used to flee to all the powers offering asylum... I'd say somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000. Mostly from New England, Tambien, and Thanyou. A few escaped from Christosia before their sweatshop spaceship was begun.

Planet/Moons/Type

Hepa/-/Think Mercury, but with an atmosphere like Venus

Esandtee/Arma/Earth-like (before the nukes), Arma is like Luna

Anann/Chaoskampf, Tzeen/Mars-like, moons are about a quarter the size of the planet but are round like normal moons and are convered in ice (No under-ice oceans)

Asteroid Belt

Mroos/Phoroneus, Epico, Catamitus, Aegle/Jupiter-like with a set of Saturn-like rings, with the moons (in order) Io, Europa, Ganymeade, Callisto, and the other small moons of a Jupiter-equivalent

Karknos/Moons of Saturn, Tatual (Titan), Anastra (Rocky Moon), and Leokhampa(Rocky Moon)/A cross between Uranus and Neptune, but with the moons of Saturn (name them as you wish, but make sure to put their equivalent name in parentheses. they will be added to this list)

Dione/Galos, Phonus, Ionae/A large rocky planet three times the size of Esandtee with ice water, the three moons are all larger than Esandtee but Galos and Phonus are covered in coatings of ice while Ionae has an active volcano system along with liquid water (no life)

Kuiper Belt

Heliopause

OOC: Don't forget your own creations, lol.

Very well, Epica it is then.

The language used in the list makes that unclear though.
(I'm assuming that's what happened to Dumanios too)

The Pope Gregorian:

The Pope wants to declare that once the Christosian People reach Ionae, they will first thank the Great God Christos and then they will work 14 hours the day to transform the planet. We have taken trees and animals from our nation and with our technology, in 3 months, we will make Ionae a planet full of life.

HEY CHIRSTOS READ THIS POST!!!

Sorry that I posted that agitated giant text, but you posted a second time without acknowledging me. Are you okay with our slight incursions on your land? And do you accept the 5 million Nollars worth of computers for your space program as compensation?

Are you okay with our slight incursions on your land? And do you accept the 5 million Nollars worth of computers for your space program as compensation?

Make it 6 and we have a deal.

The Pope Gregorian will rename Ionae to Christos, in order to honor the Great God Christos.

The Pope Gregorian:

The Pope wants to declare that once the Christosian People reach Ionae, they will first thank the Great God Christos and then they will work 14 hours the day to transform the planet. We have taken trees and animals from our nation and with our technology, in 3 months, we will make Ionae a planet full of life.
Ahhhh....... No. No way. Not 3 months. The only reason that it will take only a year to finish quickforming Catamitus is because the ITD had already been working on doing that for the last 50 years or so, sending comets in to add more ice. This allows us to use excess ice to break it up into Oxygen, and with all the resources of the Duchy pulled into it, that means that we will have as many stations as possible to do this, Meaning a quick-generated atmosphere, with the only gasses having to be brought it- Nitrogen. After that, all that remains is to add an ozone and melt the icy seas. Of course, we could do those at the same time. We will also have to use seeded bacteria and rockbusters to prepare the ground for life, turn it into proper soil, but that can be done easily with millions working on the project. It will take two years to fully finish the atmosphere, though, so it will be a little cold and the air might be a bit thin, but it will be livable and breathable.

SO... I assume you want to quickform Ionae. That means you need to spend around a year using all your people and that one ginormous space ship to collect as many comets and other icy bodies as possible on the way to Ionae. When you get there, spend another year bombarding the surface, again with all your people. When that is done, you will have one more year left to get the atmosphere to its semi-cold and thin state, along with putting down the basics of life. Then, one more year to get it full of life and an Esandtee like quality of air and the Ozone layer and Carbon Blanket. So, thats 3 years to get it barely livable, and one more to get it like Esandtee.

Okay. In 3 years ''Christos''* will be ready.

*= I renamed the planet Christos to honor the Great God Christos.

The Pope wants to show to everyone the Papal Spaceship.

The Papal Ship:

ooc: It is just you.

OOC: Those engines are totally on fire.

ATTENTION PEOPLE OF TREXERICIA

We are sorry to delay our safety, but our five day plan must be extended to six days. City people must start digging tomorrow instead of today. We are truly sorry for this. Your king, King Trixeric.

-------------

OOC: Now a bit of Trexerician history.

Many years ago, around the year 10 CE, the Trexerician people fled the wrath of the Than Empire from Epica and the Central Archipelago. Under Trexerik I, they founded Trexeropolis, a small town just north of modern day Trexericia. Trexerik became king, and the Trexerik dynasty was established.

But the times were hard. The Gonzite tribes of Sameer and Kijnat were locked in a bloody war against each other. When the Trexericians settled in Sameer territory, it quickly provoked hostilities. In 15 CE, Sameer armies sacked Trexeropolis. The Trexericians founded Trexericia, and declared war on the Sameer tribe. The Trexerician army met with the Sameer army at Unduc, a small border town between Trexericia and the Sameer capital, Sameeria. The Sameers formed their standard battle formation, with small cavalry groups up front, and the infantry to the back. Trexerik had the infantry up front, and had a large group of cavalry hidden behind. One by one, the Sameer cavalry charged, each group was individually crushed by the Trexerician cavalry, striking from behind the infantry the Sameer's attacks were aimed at. By midday, the Sameer cavalry was destroyed, and all the Trexerician cavalry was up front. Trexerik ordered the infantry to charge, pulling the cavalry to the side. The frontal assault by Trexericia was expected to be a stalemate, until the cavalry struck from the sides, surrounding the Sameers on three sides. Needless to say, the Sameers were destroyed. Then, the war really started. (Part 2 tomorrow)

Top Bottom