[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Compiling them now.

I'm not sure if the v2.02-DLL would work with v3.02 as you said in post #2 :confused:

BTW did you add 'AdvancedCobmatOdds.h' (SIC) to your projectfile?

Well, Vista users can give the v2.02 DLL a try in v3.02 and see what happens. Worst case scenario is it won't work.

And yes, I have AdvancedCombatOdds.h loaded into my projectfile.

Here is the DLL for v3.02 (not tested):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BP08GICW

I'm afraid it's no good because both files seem identical, at least in size: 6,44 MB (6.758.400 bytes) :confused:

Anyway, give it a try!

Well, let's hope this works! I'll do a double check on my VC++ 2003 and Microsoft Platorm SDK for updates... maybe that will help, too.

On a side note... the final patch is coming along nicely. I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but I've done some pretty neat game tweaks that should make HiTM a little more fun to play.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on the DLL Arian compiled. Vista users, I need you to test this!!!!! :goodjob:

I hereby confirm that the DLL for v3.02 doesn't work :(

I've recompiled the DLL for v3.02 several times but I'm getting the same DLL as provided by Grave. The files are exactly the same and get random CTDs with it on Vista.

On the other hand the DLL I provided works very well for me on HitM v2.02. I played for about 600 turns on a huge map on Odyssey speed, high detail on my Vista Ultimate PC without any problem, not even a MAF!

If this version would be upgraded to 3.19 I might be able to make a 'Vista'-proof DLL for it!

As Grave mentioned earlier playtesting it would be much appreciated :)

I hereby confirm that the DLL for v3.02 doesn't work :(

I've recompiled the DLL for v3.02 several times but I'm getting the same DLL as provided by Grave. The files are exactly the same and get random CTDs with it on Vista.

On the other hand the DLL I provided works very well for me on HitM v2.02. I played for about 600 turns on a huge map on Odyssey speed, high detail on my Vista Ultimate PC without any problem, not even a MAF!

If this version would be upgraded to 3.19 I might be able to make a 'Vista'-proof DLL for it!

As Grave mentioned earlier playtesting it would be much appreciated :)

Well damn, that sucks. :(

If that's the case... then there must be something added in v3.00-v3.02 that's causing the trouble.

The best way to figure this out would be to compare v2.02 SDK files with v3.02 SDK files in something like WinMerge.

Grave,

I added Advanced Combat Odds and Examine City on Conguests to the old 2.02-DLL without problems. I didn't add Assimilation.

I noticed when I looked at the error-log, the crash seems to be related when units are moving. No more details on this, sorry :(

Grave,

I added Advanced Combat Odds and Examine City on Conguests to the old 2.02-DLL without problems. I didn't add Assimilation.

I noticed when I looked at the error-log, the crash seems to be related when units are moving. No more details on this, sorry :(

That's interesting....

That means we're narrowing down the issue (sort of). I compared v2.02 and v3.02 last night, and the main differences is the addition of Assimilation and updates to Better AI/Unofficial Patch. That's pretty much it.

OK, things are getting pretty complicated!

I made a DLL for v2.02 with Assimilation, Advanced Combat Odds and Examine City on Conquest. Also included is the SDK and related XML, Art and Python-files.

Get it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0FPTBT59

To use this, dust off your old v2.02 HitM and copy the contents of the RAR in your Assets-folder. As Grave would say: "So easy a Caveman can do it." :D

@Grave:
Hope this works!

And now it's off to the pub! :cheers:

@Arian
BtS 3.19 includes examine city on conquest. You don't need to include that modcomp anymore, in fact doing so probably complicates things.

@Arian and Grave:- Great stuff guys...purely on instinct as a coder of 20 yrs+ I guess Assim mod has some "slightly innacurate" coding that XP ignores, but Vista won't...and I haven't the time or inclination to look through masses of SDK comparison, and then analyse and rewrite it myself atm :p...

Actually having a great game of 3.02 atm, 100% bug free, well without the blockade bug, which has been analysed and "worked around" (but not properly solved)..and heck was THAT obscure if you read the better ai bumph...

Anyways, still a great mod Grave, looking forward to your new imagining for next/last verison...Grave, you settled into Pantherland Ok now? Wondered how you were getting on irl ? Let me know, PM or whatever ;)

Hey Grave,

Just something I wanted to run by you before you release your final version. I've noticed on my latest game (first major PLANETARY sized game, ODDYSEE speed with 18 Civs on HitM 3.02) an issue with the score board that appears in the bottom right of the screen.

In past versions of HITM I liked the addition of the specifics of attitudes of different Civs towards the player, as well as the Smiley Face attitude icon.

What I mean is, in addition to the Smiley Face icon there would be a pop up window that would tell you exactly why that Civ felt the way it did towards you (for example 'We are unhappy that you have fallen under the sway of a heathen religion: -4' or 'Our close borders spark tensions: -1').

These specifics are usually only available via the diplomacy screen on Vanilla BTS...and is one of the highlights of HitM in my opinion. I'm not sure if the lack of this feature this time is just a bug only I am experiencing (which seems likely lol) or whether it is a feature you removed completely (in which case, arrr why?).

Anyway, i've tried messing with BUG to enable/disable this but I can't find any option that alters this, so i'm guessing it doesn't exist anymore. If it is soley an issue with BUG, fair enough...but if this is something you can add back in (providing it isn't just an issue i'm having) it would be much appreciated.

Oh yeah, one more thing....in the civics menu there can be some confusion when selecting new civics when it comes to production speed. For example, selecting the 'Organized Religion' civic states;

"...trains units -25% faster
...constructs buildings +25% faster"

This is kinda confusing on first glance. I'd suggest changing '-25% faster' to '25% Slower'.

It just makes more sense to me.

Thanks for the info, Phungus, but this mod is still on 3.17 :)

Thanks much Arian , it seems in Windows 7 (Build 7129)(So i guest in vista too) history of making running OK with your dll. Good work i like this best mod :)

Thanks much Arian , it seems in Windows 7 (Build 7129)(So i guest in vista too) history of making running OK with your dll. Good work i like this best mod :)

Thanks, I've been playing a modded version of HitM, v2.02 with Assimilation, ACO and ECOC in highest detail on Odyssey speed for over 1000 turns without a single CTD!!

Anyways, still a great mod Grave, looking forward to your new imagining for next/last verison...Grave, you settled into Pantherland Ok now? Wondered how you were getting on irl ? Let me know, PM or whatever ;)

Yeah, things are going alright here. Work has been keeping me pretty busy... actually making the summer fly by! I have a little down time, and I'm in the proper mind-set so that's why I'm working like mad getting HiTM upgraded to v3.19! :)

And actually... there's more Steelers fans down here than Panthers fans, believe it or not!

Thanks, I've been playing a modded version of HitM, v2.02 with Assimilation, ACO and ECOC in highest detail on Odyssey speed for over 1000 turns without a single CTD!!

That certainly is VERY promising! I'm in the process of making the v3.19 DLL right now, so I'll take a look at your work and see what I can do!

hi,

so i have done 1000 turns on civ 4 beyond the sword 3.17 , hitm 3.02 and arian dll in windows 7 without any bug or brake.

hi,

so i have done 1000 turns on civ 4 beyond the sword 3.17 , hitm 3.02 and arian dll in windows 7 without any bug or brake.

Thank you for verifying this!! :goodjob:

This should hold over the Vista users until a v3.19 compatible version is out, which should for all intensive purposes, be Vista compatible. I'm hoping that the troubles for you Vista users is a thing of the past.

I have a sneaking suspicion the SDK code wasn't the issue... but the fact I was compiling my DLL with an ancient version of CodeBlock from like 2006! Which may explain why Vista wasn't working... maybe? :confused:

At any rate, I have CodeBlocks v8.02 now. :lol:

Good news indeed.

My DLL does not contain updates for AIAutoPlay, ChangePlayer and Better BtS AI by jdog5000 and the Unnofficial BtS Patch by Solver.

Perhaps there's some issue here :confused:
I could update them one at a time and test the DLL :)

Top Bottom