1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by dannyshenanigan, Jun 7, 2010.

?

Do you like the show Breaking Bad?

1. Yes.

61.7%
  2. No.

3.3%
  3. Other.

5.0%
  4. Never seen it.

30.0%
  1. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Well they realized it was a bad idea when they realized what a good character Jesse was.

Link to video.

Before he got fleshed out & the imagined the show mostly about Walt I can see why they might have viewed him as expendable.

2. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

I wonder who would have killed him. I bet he dies in season five.

3. Narz

Narz keeping it real

I'm super curious where the show is even gonna go in season 5. Whether they'll stay in the drug trade (Walt seems pretty hooked) and what loose ends will pop up.

4. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

We'll probably see Hank pursuit him and he'll have total control over the market.
    Spoiler :
    Don Eladio and Gus are dead, so who else will challenge him?
    I think Mike will turn up somehow.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Started watching it this month on Netflix (which doesn't have Season 4 yet), watching the first episode of Season 3 now. Holy crap this is a good show. I love the detailed sets, mixture of exciting and serious (and yet not boring) scenes, as well as the meaningful character development.

Spoiler :
    The plane crash in Season 2 feels a bit odd though, I liked how they made you wonder what was going on throughout the season with the black and white scenes of the clean up crew, but it seems overly dramatic.

6. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Oh boy, hooked doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Full blown megalomania.

7. Atticus

Atticus Deity Retired Moderator

I like how in this series Walt's personality changes. To worse, I'd say, but still it changes.

On hindsight, it would have been fun if there would have been more grass root things in the beginning. I have a taste for micromanagment, and love to see how they'd operate the drug trade on their own.

8. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

I look forward to seeing how
    Spoiler :
    he gets to the point seen in the season opening. He seems to actually be showing some remorse, and it's about damn time for that.

9. GoodSarmatian

Spoiler :

It looked like a distant flashforward to me, considering the state of his hair.
    I predict a turf war with the guys who tried ti buy the methylamine.
    After all, their main motivation was to buy out the competition.

10. chegel

chegel Warlord

Spoiler :

It is exactly one year into the future. He makes a bacon-'52' in the restaurant. Considering his 50th birthday was in the pilot and his 51st was in the fourth episode of the current season that is a huge time gap.

11. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

You think so? I've been seeing the opposite.

12. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

Spoiler :
    Not at this point in the show, but in the flash-forward. He just seems so broken, and I'm guessing the consequences of his actions will finally catch up to him, possibly with Skyler dying. He wasn't wearing his wedding ring in the scene, but his pseudonym had her maiden name and he continued the age-in-the-bacon thing, like he wanted to pay tribute to her even though he'd been such a horrendous ass to her before she went.

13. Save_Ferris

Save_Ferris Admiring Myself

I haven't seen it, but my city loves the idea of a rogue meth dealer with cancer living there. The only publicity is good publicity, right?

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm avoiding reading the comments for fear of spoilers. Amazingly I missed this great show, but I didn't have cable, so that's one reason. Thank god for Netflix.

But Netflix doesn't have season 5 episodes yet, so please don't spoil season 5. I have watched up until the end of Season 4 "Face Off". I must say Face off (and the prior episode too) is an amazing episode. I am still thinking about it weeks later after watching it.

I'm not sure when Netflix will get season 5 stuff, I haven't checked recently. Anyone know how that works? How long a wait is it normally?

15. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

It'll probably happen shortly before the premier of season "six."

16. Murky

Murky Deity

I went from feeling a lot of sympathy for Walter White to thinking he has become an evil villain. I've already invested a lot of time into watching the series so I am curious to see how it will end. Will he snap out of his lust for money and power before it consumes his few friends and family?

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Oh it's definitely not meant to have sympathy for him. He is "breaking bad" after all. He's supposed to be the bad guy after all. It's an interesting slide from being a good family man, to a bad villain. It's interesting because you wonder if any of us are capable of that.

I think it was in season 2 you could see his "bad side" start to come out when he tells his former lover (the rich woman who ended up marrying the guy who created grey matter or whatever it was called) to *expletive* you. It's hard to have sympathy at that point. He crossed the line saying that to her.

Season 2 was the turning point where he passed the point of no return and was no longer a "good" man. Yeah you can argue that happened in season 1 too, but the circumstances were pretty hectic. But I watch for the same reason I watched the Sopranos. While they are bad men, I still rooted for them in a way. And they seemed like "lesser evil" bad men.

18. GoodSarmatian

The last episode was probably the death knell for whatever sympathy was still left.
    Can't say I was surprised.

19. Murky

Murky Deity

I think Walt still has this moral internal conflict that he's dealing with.

Spoiler :
    He wouldn't have hesitated so much on shooting Mike if not for some sort internal moral conflict.

20. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

Spoiler :

But yeah, he seemed legitimately guilty about it, especially after realizing it was totally unnecessary to get what he wanted. Maybe this is the start of a transformation in his character as he becomes legitimately remorseful. And maybe Jesse will get himself a decent non-criminal job and get back with Brock's mom. And maybe they'll all get together and play Laser Tag. You know, I'm starting to think I might be too much of an optimist for this show.