1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by dannyshenanigan, Jun 7, 2010.

?

Do you like the show Breaking Bad?

1. Yes.

61.7%
  2. No.

3.3%
  3. Other.

5.0%
  4. Never seen it.

30.0%
  1. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

Spoiler :
    Why can't everyone just be happy, dammit?

2. Murky

Murky Deity

Great show. It sucks that we have to wait so long for next episode after that cliffhanger.

3. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Spoiler :
    Eh. The only suspense at the end was how is Hank going to find out. Which... they handled it well, I guess, but we knew it was coming. I was more surprised by the Mike thing.

Loved the shanking op. The sound when that guy got it below the chin was on par with the Tortuga tortuga and the Emilio slushy.

Good to see Walt do right by Jesse. True that he didn't have anything better to do with the cash, but still, he still cares about him. Still human.

Was all that money really just two months?

4. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

We are almost through season 4 through Netflixs and loving it. They make Albuquerque look less interesting than it is, but whatever. For season 5 they shot at least one scene in the park a stone's throw from our house.

5. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

The funny thing is, I just started watching today, this takes place at my High School. :eek: Rio Rancho High. Haha it's so funny seeing places I walk by everyday in this popular TV series!

EDIT: AND my library! Except it was a credit union in the show.

6. aliciad

aliciad Chieftain

This one is really nice thanks for sharing this video and remind me this amazing scene again.. :)

7. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Just finished watching all of Breaking Bad, having picked it up early in the year, and wow, what a show. I think I still might prefer The West Wing on the grounds that it's more my kinda thing, but man this sort of drama makes that look absolutely formulaic.

Some people were talking about the episode Fly earlier on, and I have to say that I disagree with the assessment of it as a letdown of an episode.
    Spoiler :
    It stands out for me as one of the best episodes the show has done. Particularly that one really long scene in the meth lab, which I would put down as one of the best scenes of TV I've ever seen. The depth of character and intensity of what they're saying is stunning. It encapsulated the essence of Breaking Bad, which is that you don't need action for a show to be gripping. There is just as much intensity in that dialogue as in any other scene the show has done, with Walt coming right to the verge of confessing to Jesse about Jane. Remember that at this stage, Walt was not a completely murderous douche, and still had some moral fibre remaining. I think the unfortunate side effect of the show progressing and Walt necessarily becoming more and more unscrupulous is that it became harder for any sort of internal dilemma to be displayed in his character. That has certainly not made the fifth season bad by any stretch of the imagination, because Skyler and Jesse take the place of that internal conflict, but it's true that it'd be much harder to pull off that same sort of introspection now that Walt has no qualms with murdering 10 people.

8. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/17/breaking_bad_returns_in_august_along_with_talk_show/

9. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

I really liked the show at first, but the show ran into the same problem that I have with Mad Men, I just don't care about the protagonist. I don't like him, I don't empathize with him. I enjoyed his bumbling at first, and I still think it's kinda cool, but when he switched from 'incompetent' to 'evil', I just stopped enjoying the show as much.