[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Can't remember. lol. I'm fairly sure I did. :)
Hmm. Well, going through the code, I didn't see anything new regarding interception in the CvUnit.cpp file, where IIRC the information would be located.

Because the MHP relies on certain infrastructure to exist (accellerators, laboratories, chain reactors, heavy water plants, etc). So instead of filling the build queue with heaps of buildings it is simulated through one building, as the loss of one of the required infrastructure buildings renders a nuclear program halted.

Thus, a national wonder which is essentially a building, as opposed to a project which has no tangible location.

It also provides greater strategic depth as it allows someone to "target your enemies nuclear program".
I noticed you added some new labels in the SDK; m_bDCMNukesOkay, getDCMNukesOkay(), and setNukesOkay(bool bValue). Do these mean that after you've built the national wonder, you can still build nukes in the event that the city you built the wonder in is captured/destroyed?

Because the MHP relies on certain infrastructure to exist (accellerators, laboratories, chain reactors, heavy water plants, etc). So instead of filling the build queue with heaps of buildings it is simulated through one building, as the loss of one of the required infrastructure buildings renders a nuclear program halted.

Thus, a national wonder which is essentially a building, as opposed to a project which has no tangible location.

It also provides greater strategic depth as it allows someone to "target your enemies nuclear program".

PS: You may notice in RtW the nuclear program is simulated by laboratories, chain reactors and MHP. A civ requires all three buildings to exist in cities to be able to build nuclear weapons (among other requirements).

And that's the big problem. The AI doesn't know how to protect it's very important infrastructure. That's the reason why I want it to be a project. Other special buildings can be added later. Can you do the mini mod for me? I tried it several times myself but it doesn't work. I'm still a newbee with the SDK. Please help me great master. :bowdown:

Hmm. Well, going through the code, I didn't see anything new regarding interception in the CvUnit.cpp file, where IIRC the information would be located.

You are correct. I did not add this in. I believe that if your air unit is intercepted, then it should abort. The time taken to perform avoidance maneuvers would stop all chances of progress of the mission.

I noticed you added some new labels in the SDK; m_bDCMNukesOkay, getDCMNukesOkay(), and setNukesOkay(bool bValue). Do these mean that after you've built the national wonder, you can still build nukes in the event that the city you built the wonder in is captured/destroyed?

Well spotted. :) Yes, you keep the ability even after the MHP.

And that's the big problem. The AI doesn't know how to protect it's very important infrastructure. That's the reason why I want it to be a project. Other special buildings can be added later. Can you do the mini mod for me? I tried it several times myself but it doesn't work. I'm still a newbee with the SDK. Please help me great master. :bowdown:

The Civ keeps the ability to build nukes even if you lose the MHP city.

I just double-checked this.

Dale, I'm a big fan of DCM, and love glider1's merge of DCM with Revolution. I have a minor gripe.

I like Archer Bombard, and I know that others have voiced issues on this topic, but I do not want to disable it entirely. Instead, I would like to know what I might be able to do to have its effect by dynamically linked to the unit it is bombarding. For example, Longbowmen and Crossbowmen should do 0 damage with bombard versus any ship class equal to or better than a Galleon IMHO. Additionally, I do think that regular archers (as apposed to Longbowmen or Crossbowmen) should be doing less damage to heavy units like Spearmen or Pikemen than they do to Medium units like Warriors, Axemen, and Swordsmen.

Your thoughts? Have you looked into this, and is there a feasible way that I might do this at least for my own purposes?

The Civ keeps the ability to build nukes even if you lose the MHP city.

I just double-checked this.

If that's right - where is the difference to a national project? Won't it confuse the AI? If I loose my MHP I don't care about it because I can still build nukes as you say. But the AI may build the national wonder again and again because the AI don't know that there is no benefit from the national wonder again. So, why is it a national wonder? I can't see the point. Sorry.

No, because it doesn't come available again.

I've been having a problem with the civ customizer. Whenever I select my traits, they show up as selected in the game but have no effect. I've been using Brennus as my leader and then selecting Charismatic and Organized for my traits (and I deactivate any random ones generated so that only these two are at the top of the civ customizer), but I know for sure that Charismatic isn't working because I don't get a +1 :) from my cities at all and the experience scale is the same. In the few games I've tried this, I always get financial (one of Brennus's traits) even though it doesn't say so, seeing how my coast tiles are always 3:gold:. Strangely though, I don't have aggressive, Brennus's other trait. What's going on?

I could just turn it off and play using unrestricted leaders (although I'd prefer completely custom civs), but it doesn't seem to work with this mod (wouldn't let me choose different country from the leader selected). Is that intentional?

But why should it become avaible again if there are no units or buildings that depend on that building? May be different in your mod but normally it still seems to me unlogical to build it again. Nothing changes when I'm loosing it. Right?

You don't need to build the MHP again. Only once and you get the ability.

And that brings me back to the confused AI. Lets say the AI has build the MHP and I destroy it. Than a human won't build it again but the AI will do it I think. And that's unfair. The AI is going to loose a good productive city for building nonsence. Very tricky in wartimes. The AI is really weak enough. Instead of 6 tanks it will build a second MHP. If the MHP was a project that won't happen.

And that brings me back to the confused AI. Lets say the AI has build the MHP and I destroy it. Than a human won't build it again but the AI will do it I think. And that's unfair. The AI is going to loose a good productive city for building nonsence. Very tricky in wartimes. The AI is really weak enough. Instead of 6 tanks it will build a second MHP. If the MHP was a project that won't happen.

From post #567:

Dale said:

From post #570:

Dale said:
You don't need to build the MHP again. Only once and you get the ability.

I hate repeating myself.

You are correct. I did not add this in. I believe that if your air unit is intercepted, then it should abort. The time taken to perform avoidance maneuvers would stop all chances of progress of the mission.
Each bomber is supposed to more or less represent a squadron of bombers, rather than just one. Despite constant interception and huge AA batteries, Berlin still managed to get pummeled by allied bombing. Perhaps a damage threshold would be better? If the bomber is put below 50% (or some other value, preferably modifiable in the xml stat block of the unit) health he aborts the mission.

I hate repeating myself.
"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

I have a question about ranged bombardment and artillery promotions. Do any impact the actual ranged bombardment? For example, I build a cannon and give it the Barrage I and Barrage II promotions. If I simply use them to attack a stack, as opposed to bombard a stack, I know the bonus applies. However, if I use the bombardment ability instead, do those promotions add up in terms of damage?

hi dale, how you doing?

i have a quastion for ya if you may,

what happens if i wont use the files:
cvpediamain.py
and cvpediahistory.py

in the mod?

i know those are linked to the concepts in the civilopedia,
if i wont "use" those files, will there be any danger of a crash?

the thing is, that im not sure how to merge those two files with sevopedia,

or in short, what do i need to do so your mod wont use these files/concepts?

id appriciate any answer, thank you.

kel

They allow the display of DCM Concepts in the pedia list. If you don't want to include them, just make sure you change where the concepts appear in Civ4BasicInfos.xml

Top Bottom