[BTS Module] Nazi Germany

Hey dwolf, you're mod is awesome, great job. my friend and i are trying to link up to play and we both are using the mod. I play as the nazi germans and he as the americans, and for the most part it runs great. however, he is using a mac and has a mac version of the game. and the problem he has is when he loads the mod, there is a failure in the module/custom civ/nazi germany/units and text data for the name of the units. every unit has a "TXT_KEY_UNIT_(name of unit)" including the generals.

I was wondering if you had any idea at all how we could fix this. It seems to be just showing the command line rather than the text that the command line is leading to. The only thought i had, which would be time consuming, would be to go through the exact files and take out the TXT_KEY_UNIT_ of each and change all the unit names in the command lines to normal case instead of all caps.

any help would be appreciated. If not, no worries, your mod runs great and you did an awesome job on it.

That problem is somewhat well-known. Still, I have no Mac and I haven't made my text files Mac compatible either. So I'll be of limited help. I read about the topic and I heard there is a script you can run to convert a given Windows text file to make it working on Macs. From looking at Mac compatible text files, I'd say that the problem could be the 'line ending symbol' (a symbol that tells the system that the end of a line has been reached - you create it with pressing enter ;) ) as the line endings are gone in such files on a windows system, but I'm not sure. You might try to find a program that is capable of dealing with both standards and then convert the text files. But at first, I'd go to the Mac section of civfanatics to see what they have done to solve this. Also, there are mods that claim to be Mac compatible, here in the general modding section. You might ask the modder for help by posting in his thread or - as I would do it - by writing him a pm.

I know it's a late reply but to be honest Im not sure what could be the problem since I don't own a Mac.

when i pick hitler as the leader the game crashes also when i check the civopedia hitler is black no pic decscript or anything.. any suggestions ?

This thread is over a year old. The original post says it's for BTS version 3.17 and judging by the channel log there the module has most likely not been updated to 3.19. So that might be what is causing your problem.

Top Bottom