[NFP] Bug or mod problem? Active volcanoes look extinct since april patch.

kaspergm

Deity
While not exactly a game breaking issue, still mildly annoying. Is this happening for anybody else? This is my first game since the april patch, so I can't say if it's a recurring issue. It happened on several different volcanoes, including in the "video" that plays when there is a big eruption.
Spoiler :
upload_2021-4-25_22-14-41.png

This also happened in the dev livestream for the big update. I haven't played a game long enough to know myself, but I can report that none of the floods I've seen have actually had the graphic of water spilling over into the land with broken trees.
Here's what it looked like before the update:
Spoiler before :
20210421210708_1.jpg

And here's what it looks like after:
Spoiler after :
20210424055225_1.jpg

If that would mean we can finally play on bigger (Modded) Maps, then I don't mind the graphical Issues (as long as the Effects still work). (Haven't tested it, but will give it a try just to be sure)

I was playing a game on the ynamp giant earth last night and got to the second polar ice caps melting. Tiles at 1m and 2m were flooded but the texture still looked like nothing had happened. I thought maybe it was a problem with that specific map but now I see this post.

If that would mean we can finally play on bigger (Modded) Maps, then I don't mind the graphical Issues (as long as the Effects still work). (Haven't tested it, but will give it a try just to be sure)
For what it's worth, effects still work. Tile yields get boosted, volcanic soil is applied (and shows), and improvements get pillaged and destroyed as normal.

I'm missing floods too. Actual floods. Mitigated flows with a dam work just fine. Below some examples

Spoiler Pre-April patch flood :
Flood pre-April.jpg

Spoiler Post-April patch flood :
Flood post-April.jpg

Spoiler Pre-April patch mitigated flood :
Flood dam pre-April.jpg

Spoiler Post-April patch mitigated flood :
Flood dam post-April.jpg

Can't quite figure out the details of this, one of my volcanoes shows the "active" animation, so that one seems to work as well:
Spoiler :
upload_2021-4-26_21-32-6.png

These kind of details really made Gathering Storm for me, so to see they are now broken is extremely disheartening. I do hope there will be another update to address these.

Nothing working for me. Including Vesuvius. Though you do hear the sound effects from Vesuvius erupting, you don't see anything. My scout happened to be nearby when it erupted. This on Mediterranean map.

and they won't fix it till at LEAST September... since they said they are resting from all civ content...
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY MAY!
Yeah, im hoping that modders will be able to find out what's going on and fix it soon, but I'm not holding my breath. For all I know about modding and how the game works, this could be the result of something changing in the .dll or something else the modders don't have access to. It's at the very least terrible PR to drop a major content patch and then have radio silence for months on end.

damnation on Fraxis... why did they had to rest NOW. WHERE IS YOUR HOTFIX TEAM? I was afraid of this... they will be irresponsible and don't clean up their mess with this update.

and they won't fix it till at LEAST September... since they said they are resting from all civ content...
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY MAY!
When did they announce that?

did they announce that they will fix bugs? No but they did say "this will be last patch of the year."
But what makes you think they're making a break till September? I haven't seen any announcement that says that (except that Hoody that says end of cycle, but that's not a proof indication of that).

I think by September we would know how the future of civ looks like (NFP2, Legacy DLC, Final Game Update, Spin-Off or Civ VII).

can anyone confirm if the following are working properly wrt graphics?
  • hurricanes
  • dust storms
  • blizzards
  • tornadoes
  • droughts
  • floods (the global warming type, not the floodplains type)
pretty sure I've seen ppl on the forums saying those last two weren't working properly, would be nice to have all reports in a single thread tho

just short: flood barriers dont show either...

Top Bottom