Bug Reporting

I know this has probably been brought up before, but I run mac and BUG works fine, except for the fact that every turn it gives me about five lines of Python code in the event feed... I have had this problem before and I fixed it but I can't remember what i did... what do i do to fix it?

Please follow the instructions on the Troubleshooting page and post your PythonErr.log file so I can see those errors.

Sorry, false call:blush:
wait a minute ... I d/l that game and couldn't get that oil connected either ... what was going wrong? Did you not have combustion or something?

I've recently installed BUG for my game, but it's caused a lot of problems with my BTS game. (I have the Complete version of Civ 4, which I've now learned is extremely buggy with BUG). My main problem is that my interface disappears and I get the ubiquitous "Cannot find mod ini..." message. I tried to uninstall Civ 4 and do a clean reinstall.... but somehow BUG must still be installed on my computer because I still get the same errors. Can anyone tell me how I can finally uninstall this mod so that I can play Civ 4 again?

how did you install it? If you selected 'single player' then rename your customassets folder and you should be good to go.

Custom Assets. I've even gone so far as to delete the whole Firaxis folder after uninstalling and before reinstalling.

What I can't figure out is how my new installations are even picking up on the fact that BUG was ever installed... the only thing I can think of is that since i used the .exe it might have left something in my registry, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like it could be BUG. Does anyone know what BUG does to the registry?

What I can't figure out is how my new installations are even picking up on the fact that BUG was ever installed... the only thing I can think of is that since i used the .exe it might have left something in my registry, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like it could be BUG. Does anyone know what BUG does to the registry?
I know that BAT (Which is based on BUG and BULL) writes to the registry as part of the uninstaller package, but I haven't looked at the BUG installer to see what it does. I think EF or Alerum have the source to the BUG installer. Maybe Ruff has it too, I'm not sure.

They would know about BUG's use of the registry though.

Custom Assets. I've even gone so far as to delete the whole Firaxis folder after uninstalling and before reinstalling.
There is no Firaxis folder with custom assets ... look under your 'my docs / my games / beyond the sword'.

The Firaxis folder is down under prog files ... BUG in single player install mode doesn't touch those folders.

What are you talking about LM? btw ... ????
Hee hee.

You always ask if my avvy is me. Answer: No

As far as I know, Ms. ???? never visited my old psych hospital in 2007, much less be photographed in my office. That picture was used last year, erroneously, in a news article. The friend that took the picture sent it to me. It's taken a while to find it. Now that you've seen it, it comes down. :p

that was you ... arrrggg - I didn't grab a copy. I thought it looked like the ex-girlfriend of House (hence the link).
Spoiler :
Nice job on the 'sooo many pictures, they won't know which one is real'

Yeah, I've deleted both of them. I mentioned the leftover Firaxis folder from uninstalls because it was one of the many folders I went through and deleted manually.

Have you tried uninstalling BUG using the Add/Remove Programs control panel? That will remove it entirely no matter how you installed it. That being said, if you installed it as single player then it only puts files into BUG Mod and CustomAssets--both in your My Games / Beyond the Sword folder.

It's very strange that it is complaining about not finding a mod's INI. That makes me think you installed it as a mod (multiplayer), loaded it, and started a game. Now that you've removed BUG you cannot play that game anymore. Is that what's happening? Can you even launch BTS? If so, can you start a new game?

If anyone's curious, you can check out the awesome install scripts yourself.

I have used add/remove to uninstall it a few time (the rest I used Revo). I can get BTS to load and run, but don't have an interface and get the mod.ini message. I installed it under single player, custom assets...

Thank you all for all your help. I finally managed to get it working, thanks to your help and the help of some over at the technical pages.

Can you briefly describe what steps you had to take in case anyone else runs into the same issue? :goodjob:

The Color Control for ages is not working. This option is inside the tab "clock" => "use era related colors".

I've tried to select and deselect several different ways.

I think this tab is derived from the "Not Just Another Game Clock Mod" <http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=158137> but the color code is completely different, so I can not say it was a mistake in time to merge.

Top Bottom