Bug reports and technical issues

Sorry, I lied. You need to cover all plots labelled as "Eastern Mediterranean" or "Black Sea" in the tool tip with your culture. Last time I played as Turkey it was different.

Right. The Eastern Mediterranean extends up to Sicily. And you need all coastal tiles, not just the cities.

I'm the Moors. Spain was my vassal, and only had Kiev (lol). Okay... fast forward 200 years, now it's 1198. I've just captured France and France is my vassal with Rome and Vibo Valentia as their cities, and Mali also decides they want to be vassals. So, now I have three vassals.

Now here's the bug - Spain has 1 city, I have 10. They declared war on me!

Could it be from founding Protestantism? Spain will break vassalage to declare war on anyone who embraces the Reformation (actually, I think any civ remaining Catholic can do so). Obviously only applies if you converted to Catholicism and then Protestantism, but it could be the case.

Oh, that could be, if it's only 1.10 and not a recent SVN revision. Because it's not that long ago that I prevented vassals from declaring war on their own.

Just noticed this... The Byzantines spawn with Theology, but they don't found Catholicism on spawn if it hasn't been founded yet (this in on the 3000 BC start). Shouldn't they? Additionally, since they do spawn with a Catholic missionary on the 3000 BC start, they'll have Catholicism in Constantinople without a Catholic holy city... then Catholicism's holy city will be founded in Mecca when the Arabs spawn, if the Romans/Persians/Indians/etc. don't research Theology first.

Techs you spawn with don't let you found religions. I had to make sure that the Arabs found Islam explicitly, maybe I should do the same with Byzantium.

In case this hasn't been brought up before, is it intentional that military units from other civilizations boost happiness in your cities while you're running dynasticism?

Really?

Thai spawn without settlers, or perhaps it happens because I razed Angkor far before it spawn...?
Kongo died 2 or 3 turns after spawning because the Barbarian + Native wandering army invasion
Arabian helping stack does not spawn and it stays one-city Mecca until HRE finish it.
Persia at Pura collapse, lose Pura and half other cities around the core to indepedent, Babylon become the capital.
Persia at Babylon collapse again, lose Babylon and some other cities leaving Annaba, Qods, and Tanis. Annaba (in Africa) become the capital.
Persia at Annaba collapse again, Persia lose all cities but Qods.
Lixus (Marrakush) does not flip to Moors upon spawn.
Islam does not spread in West Africa but Timbuktu.

I checked the code and it's true ... this is a bug in the base game imo, because I really can't imagine that this is intended. I think an easy fix is possible.

Aztec still seem to spawn with a catapult in Antarctica. This was an issue in previous versions too, but I'd hoped that with all of the re-jigging it might have been cleaned up...

Doing something about that is on my to-do list.

i hope next version if u add bombard mod from archer or catapilta like civ 5 this ll be more interesting and realistic mod.

What exactly do you mean?

Oh. I don't think it's realistic to let bombards fire across the English Channel, much less archers.

I could now segue over into a David Mitchell-esque rant about how stupid it was to include that into Civ5 in the first place and how it misses the point of a global strategy game completely and utterly, but that would probably be rude.

I'm quite inclined to agree.

With all due respect to the mods that use Ranged Bombardment,
it's really a "kitchen-sink" feature and DoC's opening mission statement
explicitly states that it is not a "kitchen-sink" mod.

Although, it's not as bad as those other asinine features like
hurting units that move through terrain types or Revolution DCM.

Actually, the only thing I would take from it, would be Super Spies.

Top Bottom